Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
That sounds like a fun project. My last turbo project was a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 with a 6.0L and a Garrett GT76 turbo. 6300# truck running 13.90's. @7lbs of boost. The truck completely stock could barely run high 17's. lol Talk about a sleeper at the track. I had to leave my 5th wheel hitch in the back to get traction.
i hear ya there.... my last boost project was a 96 dakota, supercharged the 5.2l v8....9psi was a lot of fun...LOL ran mid to low 13s as well...

Old 02-06-2018, 05:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
i hear ya there.... my last boost project was a 96 dakota, supercharged the 5.2l v8....9psi was a lot of fun...LOL ran mid to low 13s as well...
My dyno sheet @5 psi when I 1st installed the GT67 turbo. Never had a change to put on the dyno when I upgraded to the GT76 @7 psi. I pushed it to 10 psi once but couldn't get any traction to get down the track.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #3

Adopted a second kitten yesterday for Marcus to have a playmate while we are away at work. Bella is the name of this one and she was born on November 23rd.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-07-2018, 04:47 PM   #4

Ah-choo, Ah-choo, Ah-choo.

Kitteze is one of my three allergies. Which is why my Dads' cat insists on sleeping with me when I visit. I'll put up with a bit of a runny nose and scratchy throat for her, though.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Ah-choo, Ah-choo, Ah-choo.

Kitteze is one of my three allergies. Which is why my Dads' cat insists on sleeping with me when I visit. I'll put up with a bit of a runny nose and scratchy throat for her, though.
Heh the things we do for those we actually like eh?

Still cannot get over how much alike they look...Bella gives a pretty damn good idea of what Marcus looked like at her age.

'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)

Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 AM   #6

Yup.
We had a whole menagerie of critters when I was a kid. I always had sinus problems, too. Didn't put two and two together until I left home and had no pets for awhile, then found I could breathe. We'd like a cat but my wife's allergy is worse than mine.
We've had dogs from 1975 until 2015. Found out that as much as we like them, we like not having them even better.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 02-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #7

Try as I might, after decades of steel tips, I've not been able to "enjoy" the switch to soft tip so I threw in the towel and ordered this. Time to dig out the old steelies and get my game back to it's normal horrible self.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 02-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #8

This was a couple days ago but a 9.7" 128gb Ipad with my Holiday Inn points.
https://www.apple.com/ipad-9.7/specs/

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #9

New quickshifter sensor cable.

Squirrels chewed the sensor cable for my quickshifter on the FZ1. Luckily they did not eat the original wiring on the bike.

easy fix luckily.

Old 02-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #10

Sick and stuck in the house this weekend so all I have to do is spend money on the interwebs.

Let's see, LEDs and an electronic flasher relay for the Ural.

A pair of bicycle cyclometers for the Solexes.

A repair manual for the Ural, in Russian, just because.

A new battery for my Kindle, which came back to life after I ordered said battery.

Hydraulic test kit for my job.

Need to get back to work.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 02-18-2018, 10:32 PM   #11

Haven't bought it yet, but was given a brand new 2017 Wrangler Sport for an extended test drive! Went and had a look at it on Saturday afternoon and they told me to keep it until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Alberta). It's just a Sport so its not hardcore like a Rubicon, but it's a very nice little rig! I really like it but my son doesn't, he misses all the gadgets that the car has (loaded Focus ST, ST3 with a Cobb Stage 1 build), and the Jeep doesn't have A/C for the summer. So, tempting, but I guess not really practical. I've come to learn over the years that practical is not nearly as fun as impractical impulse buys. Though, that's how I ended up with the ST last year... Lol!
Absolutely love the high riding position and handling of the Jeep though, I can see why these rigs are so popular!

Old 02-19-2018, 01:20 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider View Post
Haven't bought it yet, but was given a brand new 2017 Wrangler Sport for an extended test drive! Went and had a look at it on Saturday afternoon and they told me to keep it until Tuesday (Monday is a holiday in Alberta). It's just a Sport so its not hardcore like a Rubicon, but it's a very nice little rig! I really like it but my son doesn't, he misses all the gadgets that the car has (loaded Focus ST, ST3 with a Cobb Stage 1 build), and the Jeep doesn't have A/C for the summer. So, tempting, but I guess not really practical. I've come to learn over the years that practical is not nearly as fun as impractical impulse buys. Though, that's how I ended up with the ST last year... Lol!
Absolutely love the high riding position and handling of the Jeep though, I can see why these rigs are so popular!
A/C problem is easy... Pop the top..
'80 Honda XL185S
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-19-2018, 05:10 AM   #13

Have been looking for a new GPS since my Garmin NUVI broke last year. Bought an Android tablet and run Osmand+ . RCA Viking Pro 10.1" with keyboard $59 from Walmart. Fantastic!

Old 02-28-2018, 10:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
Have been looking for a new GPS since my Garmin NUVI broke last year. Bought an Android tablet and run Osmand+ . RCA Viking Pro 10.1" with keyboard $59 from Walmart. Fantastic!
I love that osmand app which runs .gps tracts. $59 for a tablet that has gps and uses google play? Sounds nice. I use my old 7 inch nexus 2013 in my car as my gps. Will check that out
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 02-19-2018, 09:19 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider View Post
Wrangler is like Ural. You like or you don't. They aren't for everyone. And they can smell fear. If the Jeep likes you, everything will be fine. If it doesn't, the ride be too rough, the wind noise will become atrocious, the fuel consumption will be awful, storage space will disappear, along with a boatload of cash with the Just Empty Every Pocket Syndrome

It's a Jeep thing. You get it or you don't. Personally, I'd get it just to irk the kid.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800