Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2016, 12:41 AM   #1

"WILL" Bashan 250GY-9 shutoff issue

I'm a new member here but my bike is not. Apparently I purchased another forum members WILL from a local motorcycle shop and inherited his problem with the bike.

After a sustained ride of 50-55 MPH speeds the bike will die at idle especially with the clutch pulled in mainly when you stop for an intersection. The bike will then be very hard to start.

I stripped off all the previous owners led strip lights, cig lighter jack to make sure they were not causing an issue. I swapped the rear sprocket from a 50t to a 47t to lower the rpm demand at higher speeds. Changed spark plug and made sure to give the bike a fresh oil change.

As far as I can tell the bike isn't vapor locking, and if it was the CDI I would think I would have issues at other times noto just after riding and at idle.

So I'm guessing it's either a heat issue or a carb issue. I know based on the other owners posts he did some jetting adjustments but I have no idea what I would be doing in that regard and don't want to make it worse.

Any help would be appreciated. I love the bike and it should perform better than what it is doing. Otherwisee I'll end up having to ditch the bike for something more reliable....did I just say that when speaking about Chinese made a motocycle?

Old 07-01-2016, 12:46 AM   #2

As suggested on the other thread, you need to get into the valves and check those gaps FIRST. If it's used, there's no telling if it was ever even done. Hopefully no damage has occurred.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-01-2016, 12:53 AM   #3

I'll check those valves. I didn't even see that particular post in the thread so I'm wondering if he did check them. Thanks. Hopefully that's it. Other than this one issue the bike runs great, but it sucks to be the guy pushing his bike at an intersection because it died and your blocking traffic.

Old 07-01-2016, 12:55 AM   #4

Check valve adjust for sure then drain and refill fuel tank and check fuel flow at the petcock. My two cents. "all normal motorcycle stuff with new fuel".
Dave

Old 07-01-2016, 04:10 AM   #5

all of the above and make sure it idles rich enough. if it is stock and lean or overly lean, the bike will not get quite enough fuel though have just enough to keep going and when you take out the momentum the motor dies: overheated, dry as anything, hard to start.