Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2011, 01:05 AM   #1

That frame was utilized by Lifan at one time in a model they called a LF200-B. I read that they stopped production after the factory that made them was destroyed in an earthquake. They no longer offer them but they are still available for sale in the USA.

Those seem to have a different cradle for the engine, but then they only support a 200cc engine.
<a href="http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net/ejc_american_lifan.html">Local dealer has four 2008 LF200B in stock? But then the site has not been updated since July of 2009?
</a>

I’d say that Yingang had a very good idea, but the bike comes off as a poor implementation of that idea.
With its 3.34 final drive ratio it is an anomaly for a street bike and it could be due to its off the shelf induction that being the PZ30 carburetor? You would think it would be strung out in first and second with that gearing, but the owner says no and its the exact opposite. It's basically a different scenario for the end user to tune that motorcycle, that being it does not have to meet emissions for the end user. To me that has to do with not only induction it also has to do with setting the timing as well. The CDI used is not adjustable only replaceable. So that’s basically revisiting what the “engineer” could not do in the first place. It has the HP but it all at the higher end, they raised the ratio to pull it down to the midrange? Again the results a bizarre anomaly they satisfied with a midrange power band.