Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #1

hello, thinking of getting a chinese enduro

I've been reading this forum a few months now so I figured I should be social and register and say howdy.

It's amazing the amount of know-how collected on here.

I'm a scooter rider primarily. I haven't had a motorcycle in more years than I would care to admit. But I've been thinking lately of getting one. The Hawk and the CSC TT250 look like a lot of fun, and it would be a way to learn shifting gears again.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

Hi Welcome to the forum. Don't forget the Bashan bikes.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #3

I'll look into those. Seat height on the Hawk is pretty high for me, and I've seen too many bad reviews of the Magician, plus id hate to get stuck with either and not be able to get them tagged. I spoke to a very helpful man at APCUSA and he had good things to say about Bashan but I didnt know anything about them.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #4

No matter what you go with you will be happy, and as mentioned, the Bashan bikes are also worth a gander. They fall right in the middle of the tt250 and Hawk in regards to issues and quality, and tend to be much easier to register if you live somewhere where that may be an issue. If I were to do it all over again I would probably get a tt250 over a Hawk, but at about a grand more in price also meant I had a lot of extra money to turn the Hawk into what I wanted.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM   #5

Check out the Bashan Storm or Shark. Low seat height, but Bashan reliability. I'm currently looking at the Enforcer for the taller seat height since I am 6'1".

Old 08-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #6

Welcome to here, Fork! I was just making a post this morning and stumbled across your post. I have a Hawk, and I can tell you from first hand experience that it's worth every penny, and every penny you save on the purchase price can go to making it your own. There are other options out there, depending on how involved you want to get with the registration circus, or if you just want something to hop on and ride. The post I was making this morning is about this: https://www.amazon.com/Roketa-Dirt-B...p?ie=UTF8&th=1
Might be something to look into as it removes all the concern about registration, and gives you the Roketa reliability factor. Happy hunting, and let us know what you wind up doing.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #7

I have the hawk. I fully endorse this bike. Just understand what you are buying. It is not a Honda or a KTM. It will top out near 60-70 mph. You will need to spend some time and money getting it running great. I have about $1500 all in on mine. I think I will outgrow this in a year or two but I will never sell it. For $1500 it will be a backup bike or a buddy bike.

Just make sure you can register it in your state. If so buy it.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #8

I'm going to go ahead and piggyback on Pistol's comment. If you feel confident you can plate it, BUY IT! I'm into mine for a touch under $2,000. That's the purchase price of the bike and all the farkles, as well as a new rear tire I just bought. I don't quite need the new rubber out back yet, but I had to get a few other tires for my bikes, and went ahead and did a package deal. Pistol is right, the bike tops out at 65-70mph (and it's squirrely and sketchy at that speed), but when I'm just going to be jetting around town, the Hawk is my go-to machine. We're all happy to share our experiences with our bikes (some of us are perhaps too eager to share ), and there are several lifetimes of information on this forum. My advice is to do your research, and buy the bike you think will make you the most happy. Wherever you wind up, you'll have plenty of support and guidance. Happy riding!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 08-25-2017, 08:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border411 View Post
Check out the Bashan Storm or Shark. Low seat height, but Bashan reliability. I'm currently looking at the Enforcer for the taller seat height since I am 6'1".
I have the Brozz and the seat height is not low I am 6' 1'' 200+ and I am not cramped on this bike. Hell I barely flat foot it. If I recall the seat height was around 31-32 inches

Old 01-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #10

Thanks everyone for your help on this subject. I went ahead and ordered a Storm 250 about a week ago. APCSUSA tells me the bike should be delivered on Friday, but with all the weather issues I would not be surprised if that falls back a bit. I'm not in a hurry, i dont like riding when it's this cold anyway, but I've got a garage project, now.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #11

I have a storm, love it ... it just needs about 5mph more cruise speed ... they sell e85 down the road, going to try 50/50 mix and see if that helps any

Old 01-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Reo28 Send a message via MSN to Reo28 Send a message via Yahoo to Reo28
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkintheroad View Post
Thanks everyone for your help on this subject. I went ahead and ordered a Storm 250 about a week ago. APCSUSA tells me the bike should be delivered on Friday, but with all the weather issues I would not be surprised if that falls back a bit. I'm not in a hurry, i dont like riding when it's this cold anyway, but I've got a garage project, now.
Have you got it yet? I purchased my storm 250 from them as well. Took awhile before they finally shipped it but once it arrived it was in person condition. I recently added the aftermarket exhaust it sounds like a beast now lol

Old 01-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #13

Send a message via AIM to Reo28 Send a message via MSN to Reo28 Send a message via Yahoo to Reo28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARLOW View Post
I have a storm, love it ... it just needs about 5mph more cruise speed ... they sell e85 down the road, going to try 50/50 mix and see if that helps any
Barlow what all did you need at dmv to get your bike licenced? Did you just take in the certificate of origin that came with your storm?