Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2017, 08:44 AM   #1

Any experience with the MC-05-127 ?

I am interested in learning more about powersportsbest.com MC-05-127 listed in their 150cc scooter section. It has a 127cc air cooled horizontal honda clone with a 4 speed manual transmission. The price is very attractive.

Who makes this bike? Who makes the engine. Will all the Lifan style clone engines fit?

I have been thinking about building up an old Honda CL70 or C70 with a Lifan 125 4 speed. The price on the MC-05-127 is so attractive and a disc brake could be a plus. The garish modern styling is not a plus. I wish something like this was made with classic styling like Honda's S90, CL70, CB100, etc.

Is this a sound chassis? Are the brakes decent? Would it be possible to modify it in the future with different forks, shocks, brakes, etc?

This would be for urban riding in my neighborhood and downtown.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #2

The pic suggest it's YX127CF from http://www.yinxiangmotor.com/
btw YX is quite HUGE, they had a JV w/ Kohker https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohler_Co.#Products

Old 08-04-2017, 09:11 AM   #3

It appears that this actually has a semi-automatic transmissio, better for my wife to ride it.

Powersportsbest.com is including PDI(full assembly) for a limited time. This is good because I saw some commments that it was complicated to put together.

Old 08-08-2017, 07:45 AM   #4

For looks, I would suggest this bike https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...nt=30465839181

I know that Venom's prices are a little high, but I have seen the same bike at other online dealers for less, but it is 'buyer beware' as far as taking forever and a day waiting for a bike (including the site you originally linked to--Powersportsbest. I have not heard anyone discussing them negatively or even positively lately, but just be aware...). I believe the Venom bike is made by Baodiao/Boom even if it is not on Boom's website.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

I went by a local scooter dealer today and was surprised to see that they had 2 brand new MC-05-127's in stock. The young lady said they were 2010 models that had been crated until recently. They looked pretty good, probably average China quality. They were asking $1500 for them. I do not expect they have much demand from their normal scooter clientele for them. She said that she could title it for me.

They may have more of them in crates in the back. I wonder how motivated they would be to get rid of them? They said I could test drive, so I may go back soon with long pants, boots, and a helmet.

It sat on it and it felt like a small full size motorcycle, kind of like an old Honda S 90 or Cl 70. I wonder how well it handles. and how good the front disc brake is.

I have had the crazy idea of installing the Daytona 190cc racing Honda clone.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #6

I just called powersportbest.com and asked about the MC-05-127 and the nice lady told me that it was no longer in stock even though the website indicated that it was. I asked her if anything on the website was valid. She said that she did not think that it was.

Where could one get parts for these?