Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyDonkey

If you can deal directly with Hamna for warranty parts/missing parts, etc. it might not be too bad. (From what I've read, Olson operates his business from his wife's clothing store...and is just a channel for dropshippers)

...and I know (from trying to get some info about one of the models he advertises) he doesn't answer the phone.

You've got guts...rolling the dice with over $1,000 of your money and not knowing what you'll be getting.....
Well, like was pointed out before, I didn't check ripoff.com etc. first which I should have, so at the time I ordered,I had talked to the guy on the phone at length, got him to confirm info in email, and was TOLD, I would get a SunL SLD-200GY in black/white. Told me he had personally talked to his 'warehouse guy" who had confirmed the bike was "IN STOCK"....
soooo, then I put down the money the next morning.

After not getting a confirming email of the order etc. I wrote a letter, and left a message. Then it occurred to me to call SUNL. Sent them and email and was informed that Olson was NOT a dealer but they knew who he was. THEN i got a quicko message from Brandon Olson (not the Matt guy I had been talking to, ) and Brandon explained that the order had been placed with the warehouse in Houston, that confirming documents would arrive and be forwarded (docs said SLD-200GY when I got them). He later told me to expect the shipping docs by the 16th and low and behold they arrived showing the crate had been picked up at Hanma by SAIA etc.

As I said before, I think its the 'rebound' from thinking I might have been completely defrauded to finding out that indeed something 320lbs worth is actually enroute has taken the sting out of not knowing for sure what is coming. Since a lot of people seem to think SunL's SLD is not the best bike of the type out there, and that in reality they are all mostly nearly equal..I'm not too concerned with who's name is on it or really, what color it is as long as its the right "type" so this whole thing *might* work out.
We'll know sometime between tomorrow (monday) when I'm expecting confirmation from Hanma as to what they actually shipped lol, and tuesday or wednesday when the bike is supposed to actually arrive.

Kindof fun really LOL., but in the meantime, keep on guessing
Going to be a kodak moment if a 200 scooter or atv of some kind shows up LOL.

Seer
Seer

Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #17

Ok, Saia just advised the crate has arrived Portland so ..... shouldn't be long now....maybe Tuesday

Seer

Old 04-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #18

Well....at least you likely won't get high blood pressure, Seer. If it were me, I'd be fuming and expecting the worst.

You got a point there, though- I've also heard that Sunl isn't the greatest- so who knows...you might end up getting a clone of something better.

Of course, if something better than what you expect shows up...it'll be a nice surprise. On the other hand...if some POS in Teletubby purple shows up....... 8O

My new Vbikes will be arriving tomorrow....I hope I don't find any surprises (and I hope it ain't raining...as the tractor with the pallet forks is down...so I'll have to put 'em together in my neighbor's driveway!)[Sings a few choruses of Elvis's "Kentucky Rain"]

Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #19

when i got the lifans they were in the crate but i prep then asap. lifan used to and may still give a big discount for ordering so my shipping bill with them and everybody else reads x# of pallets = x#scooters,atvs bikes =x weight and the other problem is trucks dont care if the weight is exact like ups or usps so guessing by weight is useless the shipper just makes a guess example: a scooter=street bike = atv long as you within 100 lbs or so they dont care its just takes up so much floor space i even got atvs stacked 3 high thats 6 kid size atvs on 1 pallet sorry to let you down but remember Christmas when you were a kid :wink: i sure would like to see you unwrap the new toy
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #20

I dug up a pic I took when my Lifan arrived last year. You can see it is listed w/ a G.W. of 344lbs.

Hmmm.... 8O

2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-20-2009, 12:27 AM   #21

Phil, I see what you're saying but if its just the one crate, which seems likely, I would think they would just take the weight off the side of the crate. That would suggest that if it says 320 lbs. that's what is on the side of the crate. if that's the case, sure looks like its not a Lifan g-5
now if I can just find some pictures of some crates.... LOL.

oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings

well, here's my guess. I think its going to be one of these

http://www.hanmausa.com/product_info...products_id=21

Most likely in Red/Black which is probably really red/black/white which is as close as I'll get.

or, here's a thought. When i blow the picture here:

http://www.hanmausa.com/product_info...oducts_id=2472

and save to my computer...guess what the picture gets named....

"SLD-200GYL"
hmmmm interesting LOL

seer

Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #22

It sounds like you have a positive attitude and that will go a long way. Even the shirtless one from last year grew to love his bike that he so hated when it first arrived because of it being different than advertised.

Hopefully you get a bike you love when you open the crate. Keep us posted.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM   #23

The Plot Thickens!!!

Well, here's a good sign. Right at the stroke of start of business, I got a call from Hanma this morning and spoke to an extremely informative guy who gave me the rundown on the whole transaction.

Looks like Phil may win this as from the description, its sounding like what's on the truck is a "black 200gy" which *could* very well be exactly what I ordered

I was told that they carry a full supply of parts IN STOCK, for that model and if I wish I can deal directly with Hanma thru the website. He also told me that I could call at anytime with any questions about that and any other bike (forgot to ask about the bigger motor bikes, darn).

Further, we had a discussion about Olson and here's the skinny. Olson is in fact a drop shipper dealer, however, he does a TON of bikes/atv's (Hanma didn't want to disclose the exact amount but it is many thousands) etc. in a year and has very good relations with Hanma. Accordingly, discounting the handful of people who complained not knowing what they were buying, or not understanding the nature of a drop ship transaction, the number and type of complaints against Olson appear almost trivial given the number of apparently successful transactions he completes in a year which I was told is a very BIG number.

Sooooo, this is beginning to look better and better all around

Fingers and toes still crossed in Canyonville, but feeling better all the time

Seer

Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #24

Get your tools laid out, get a tube of blue loctite, and charge up the camera batteries. Sounds as if all the bases are covered now :wink:

Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #25

Seer, when I hit the link, it says the bikes are free!!! You really scored

Old 04-21-2009, 12:51 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Seer, when I hit the link, it says the bikes are free!!! You really scored
LOL, yeah, that's some pricelist LOL.
We need to get Phil to become a dealer so he can enable whatever part of the software on that site shows the wholesale dealer prices on all those parts and bikes

Seer

Old 04-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #27

OK, Seer, I have taken the bait; you have me hooked! Like many others, I eagerly await the arrival of your new bike. Please let us know quickly which model arrives in the crate, and please take lots of photos!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-21-2009, 05:34 AM   #28

Camera charged and ready to go, high rez too so that I can get some help id'ing some of the major components. Now all they have to do is get it down here LOL. First thing I'll b looking for is which engine, then which gas tank. Some of the models I looked at had pathetically small tanks and even the largest was still less than 2 and a half gallons...

Saw an interesting bike lock yesterday. It's a lock that clamps onto the rear disc brake rotor keeping it immobile. I guess they could still steel[pun alert] the bike but they might look funny dragging it down the street

Old 04-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #29

The only lock that works on bikes that barely weigh 300 lbs. is a thick chain!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #30

Ok, latest update, crate was loaded into another trailer last night at 2:52am in Portland so ....hopefully it will be back on the road towards me today.

Kdonk, yeah I suppose that's true and going to get worse. Too bad really, I hate carrying around a chain as one big enough to do any good weighs waaay too much and is a pita to secure to the bike while riding and not tear up the paint.

Speaking of which, did anyone consider laying on some more clearcoat during assembly on the *trouble* spots of the bike or do they come with a coat of that waxy stuff they sometimes use on cars coming cross oceans?

going to be a long day LOL.

Seer