Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2024, 02:19 PM   #1

Took the parts bike for a spin.

I rolled the parts bike out yesterday, and was contemplating using it's tires, but went a different route, but even though I don't have tags, I couldn't resist a quick spin on it before putting it .

Old 02-26-2024, 03:02 PM   #2

since when do parts bikes run?

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 02-26-2024, 05:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
since when do parts bikes run?
The guy advertised it for $500 obo, but I talked him down to $350 in messenger, and told him that I would come tomorrow, because I didn't want to take the toolbox out of my truck so late in the evening. He must have been desperate for money, because he volunteered to bring it to me that same evening. I got the original bill of sale, and MCO, and there's a chance I could register it, but I am not even got to try. I guess the exhaust was probably worth about $75 used price, but unless I ever do use the tires, and possibly the motor on something, I will really never get an additional $275 worth of parts from it. Even though the cush bushings are shot in the rear rim, it seems just fine, and I am not sure the bent lip on the front rim amounts to being unsafe. But just having the rims on hand if I would ever need one is of some value. As long as the bike stays ridable, it's probably still worth the $350 that I paid.