Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2023, 02:59 PM   #31

57? I did that on my Templar the other day with my wife on the back. I've had it up over 60 myself with more to go but it's not yet broken in. Something wrong with that bike.

There may be some issue with the way folks these days consider motor vehicles like household appliances. No tweaking, tuning, or even maintenance required. Or so they think anyway. The Chinese bikes remind me of the old days when most riders were at least halfway mechanics. Like fans of old British bikes, if you can't work on one you need to sell it to the next guy. I was born and raised on all kinds of machinery that needed and responded nicely to some regular human attention.

I had zero expectation that my new Chinese bike wouldn't need a bit of adjusting and tweaking right out of the crate. Not so much because what I expected for quality but knowing there's no way the folks at the factory could have dialed it all in and tuned it exactly how I wanted it.

Old 05-05-2023, 08:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
57? I did that on my Templar the other day with my wife on the back. I've had it up over 60 myself with more to go but it's not yet broken in. Something wrong with that bike.

There may be some issue with the way folks these days consider motor vehicles like household appliances. No tweaking, tuning, or even maintenance required. Or so they think anyway. The Chinese bikes remind me of the old days when most riders were at least halfway mechanics. Like fans of old British bikes, if you can't work on one you need to sell it to the next guy. I was born and raised on all kinds of machinery that needed and responded nicely to some regular human attention.

I had zero expectation that my new Chinese bike wouldn't need a bit of adjusting and tweaking right out of the crate. Not so much because what I expected for quality but knowing there's no way the folks at the factory could have dialed it all in and tuned it exactly how I wanted it.

Mostly. But here’s something funny.

I treated mine like an appliance and it turned out to be an absolute unit!

not kidding. I got about 6000 miles before I did a stitch of maintenance. Nothing. Just tightening the chain and changing oil as needed. I didn’t even do the valves until the 5000 mile maintenance that I did at 6000 miles.

I did have one electrical problem because the factory put together some wiring wrong and abrasion made it short out. This was only on my year x-pect. The year after they fixed the problem with a proper conduit which is how I fixed it also.

But I did nothing. I didn’t even get a new chain until about 6000 miles. Stock chain. Stock tires. No adjustments to the bike. No maintenance. I just rode and rode everywhere. In those 6000 miles, I rode:

*Florida sugar sand over a foot deep
*Part of the Colorado TAT and over some crazy high passes
*Rampart Range in Colorado
*Aspen
*Ohio
*Kansas
*Catskills NY
*Rural Georgia

I'm probably forgetting a few.

I treated it as an appliance and rode all of that. With no problems.

My x-pect took all that riding and plenty of drops without incident or adjustments.

I had a thread going on here to keep track of all of this riding with no maintenance. I wanted to see how far I could go. But I stopped updating the thread because all I kept doing was putting down a new mileage and "all is well." It got kind of boring.

Everything is still just fine. I haven’t been riding as much lately which kind of sucks. But nothing wrong with the bike.

I’m really not sure why mine worked as well as it did. Or why it was put together so well. It came from X pro on Amazon.

Old 05-05-2023, 10:51 PM   #33

I bought my 2021 Lifan KPR 200 from a dealer in the beginning of May last year. I didn't check any bolts or do anything but ride the snot out of it. I have over 7000 miles so far with nothing more than 1 valve adjustment, several chain adjustments, a couple of oil changes, and a new rear tire.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:50 AM   #34

If you watch that you will notice he only has around 60 miles on it. He did not break it in, did not do any maintenance, and was only in like 4th gear. I know that getting couch’s is what he is after, but come on that is ridiculous. He obviously has it out for Venom.

Old 05-06-2023, 06:55 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorCzo View Post
If you watch that you will notice he only has around 60 miles on it. He did not break it in, did not do any maintenance, and was only in like 4th gear. I know that getting couch’s is what he is after, but come on that is ridiculous. He obviously has it out for Venom.
What PastorCzo said!! Not only that he's doing a comparison between a Venom superbike with a claimed 16hp and to a Kawasaki ninja with a claimed 33hp. He's trying to compare a bike with twice the horsepower and a twin cylinder. What he is doing in these videos is a trashing plain and simple, there is nothing that he is doing that is beneficial to anyone. It's like watching a bully get his frustration out. A person is intitled to his/her opinion but this is going beyond opinion. I believe he's running a libelous line!

libelous
lī′bə-ləs
adjective
Involving or constituting a libel; defamatory.
Containing or involving a libel; defamatory; containing that which exposes some person to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule.
defamatory, libeling, referring to something that causes harm to someone's reputation especially with malice or disregard.
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 05-06-2023, 11:35 AM   #36

There are a lot of Chinese scooters/motorcycles on the road in China so they must be ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	traffic.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	29129  

Old 05-06-2023, 12:19 PM   #37

I'm not watching that last one he posted on the Venom Bike or any of his other videos. I'm not giving him the click / view. I spect he is butt hurt. I think its like Jerry said, he thinks he is a somebody in the motorcycle world and contacted Venom and they gave him a contract that he didn't like. So, he in turn bought one and now is on a mission of slander. The bikes are pretty damn fantastic if you don't try and make them into something they are not. The KPX I have is a flat out fantastic bike, but you won't see me comparing to something out of its league. That guy has offiicialy earned himself a spot on the Letsride Youtuber CHOAD list.

Old 05-07-2023, 12:08 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
I That guy has offiicialy earned himself a spot on the Letsride Youtuber CHOAD list.
..or as I like to call him....a "SQUIDIOT"!

olds_cool63
=======
Johnny Pag Pagsta (replaced 50cc engine with 110cc, modded-out)
2007 Tank Vision Topline Khaos (cosmetic mods, cherry-bombs)
2005 Kymco Vitality 50 2T (70cc big bore kit, other race mods...tops out at 67mph)
2008 Hyosung GT250 (cosmetic mods)
2001 Suzuki Bandit GFS1200S (cosmetic and slight mods...150mph+)

Old 05-07-2023, 01:03 PM   #39

I just think it's funny he's got so worked up about something that he thinks so little about. In his mind, he's "swinging down". I wonder if he was once of those guys who picked on the kid with braces and coke bottle glasses?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-07-2023, 10:27 PM   #40

Yammie Noob specifically is a twerp, and I don't advise that anyone support him. He head-on collided with somebody's Porche while riding like an idiot a while ago, back in 2017 or something, and his behavior following that really had to be seen to be believed. Despite the entire ordeal being completely his fault, he had the chutzpah to go begging his viewers for money afterwards and released a video basically making fun of the guy whose car he wrecked. Get out your Googlemachine if you want to, and type in "yammie noob porche crash."

He knows very little about bikes and just makes clickbaity, nearly contentless videos full of stereotyping, hyperbole, and misinformation.

Old 05-08-2023, 04:46 PM   #41

I just watched that. I forgot that, that happened. Glad he lived.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:18 PM   #42

I still am not sure but it seems he set up has tachometer/hour meter wrong. I commented on it but no one ever responded. The fact it is literally 1/2 indicated RPM is too convenient, he almost certainly has it reading 1 ignition = 1 revolution like a 2 stroke. You have to set the device to read correctly based on firing pattern. I didn't think it would be a big deal but he brings up the tachometer and redline repeatedly. It also may have lead to him over revving the machine beyond max power, most of these singles produce max power at about 7-8k, not 10k+ rpm

1975 Honda CB750K
1975 Honda CL360
2020 Lifan KPM200

Old 05-10-2023, 07:33 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSX4 View Post
I still am not sure but it seems he set up has tachometer/hour meter wrong. I commented on it but no one ever responded. The fact it is literally 1/2 indicated RPM is too convenient, he almost certainly has it reading 1 ignition = 1 revolution like a 2 stroke. You have to set the device to read correctly based on firing pattern. I didn't think it would be a big deal but he brings up the tachometer and redline repeatedly. It also may have lead to him over revving the machine beyond max power, most of these singles produce max power at about 7-8k, not 10k+ rpm
Yeah, I noticed that too.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-11-2023, 02:19 PM   #44

So YamYam posted a new video on china bikes. I'm sure he lost tons of subs because of the last two and now he's trying to get them back. lol I posted a comment on Herbies post. All of a sudden my post disappeared. I guess an honest opinion on Venom doesn't count on his channel. I took a snapshot before it got removed. How convenient.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YAMYAM LUBE.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	29155  
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-11-2023, 02:33 PM   #45

I'm not watching anymore of his yammering. He lost me with that one I watched. He should change his channel name to Yammie Snob, it fits better. Funny I rode a Chinese bike to work everyday so far this week, and Today I'm gonna ride a Gold wing. I love them both very much. That Brozz I bought quite a few years ago that I gave to my son is still going strong as well.