Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2024, 04:28 PM   #1216

Time for another installment.

Alex is out as International CEO. I do not know the entire story but the organization has been bleeding cash since before Beaufort. Beaufort only made it worse. Hopefully her Boy Toy Rudy went with her. What a jackass.

Apparently, in a move to get some cash, it was floated to sell the building in Beaufort then lease it back. Sounds like a desperate Home Equity Loan. I believe it fell through.

My protege, Seth, turned in his resignation. His last day is the 23rd. That leaves Jason and Dean. And Dean does not travel. Two new guys were hired last month but, without prior experience, you can't hit the ground running in this gig.

Jason says he's just going along for the ride now, but I don't know how long before he says, "Screw This", and bails. He has more seniority with American Airlines than most of the pilots and flight attendants, he could probably go there as spokesman. Christ, they should name a plane after him. Preferably an Airbus, though.

Speaking of Jason, the honeymoon between him and Eric ended a while ago. Jason has been on a tear about the piss poor quality of the new machines that were delivered to California. Eric got sick of listening to Jason and sent his new engineer he hired to shut Jason down. Much to Eric's chagrin, the new engineer told Eric that the machines are terrible and he's lining up trucks to ship them back.

Back to Alex. I have no idea if she was canned or reassigned. She is a cousin of the owner, so who knows. Maybe she's a new hostess at one of his restaurants in Singapore or Hong Kong.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-12-2024, 05:14 PM   #1217

I wonder what the timeline is for them to call you back as CEO/T-800?
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 04-25-2024, 01:16 PM   #1218

The end of an era has begun. Maybe it began with me.

Jason tendered his resignation yesterday, effective May 10th. Seth's last day was Monday. Al is retiring by the end of August. Harold has decided that he won't stay past Al's leaving and may pull the plug by June. I've been on Harolds' ass for over a year for him to retire.

That leaves the four sales guys as part of the Old Guard, and I expect that to start to shrink soon, too. Bill, in Vegas, turns 65 this year. His wife was a LV vice squad Captain and has retired with a great pension. They have a condo in Panama waiting for them. So I expect him to retire, sooner rather than later.

Keith, Wade, and Scooter are all under 60, so I don't know what they are going to do. Possibly jump ship and go to a competitor.

Lord knows that the current management team cannot find its way out of a one door room to come up with a plan.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 04-25-2024, 03:11 PM   #1219

I have a year and a half till I CAN retire, and two years till I want to. We just had a bunch of cuts at work over the past 2 weeks. I'm hoping that I make it on that list at some point and am given a package to leave.

Bikes I've owned: Suzuki GS450T, Yamaha XS500, Honda V45 Sabre, Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic (2), Suzuki VX800, Kawasaki Ninja 650, Triumph TT600, Honda Superhawk, Kawasaki Concours 1000 (3, including a sidecar rig), Buell XB9R, Kawasaki Nomad 1500, Concours 14, Honda Goldwing (2), Housen Hawk, Suzuki Intruder 1400, Kawasaki KLR650, Victory V92TC.

Old 04-25-2024, 08:17 PM   #1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
Lord knows that the current management team cannot find its way out of a one door room to come up with a plan.
That's a good one. In the Army we said that a 2nd Lieutenant couldn't find his ass with both hands and a map.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself