Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #1

Any info on a Hawk 250 dirt bike.

Just bought this Hawk 250 dirt bike in Arlington Texas and wanted to get more information about it. The bike is from the Chongqing Haosen manufacturing company and has a 167FMM 223CC engine. Is this manufacturer known for quality products, I found very little information about them? Are all of the 223cc Honda clone engines basically the same except for the side covers? I had the retailer replace the oil with synthetic oil and drove the 50 miles home then replaced the oil again. I found very little debris in the oil screen and the used oil was dark but nothing I did not expect. I put another 100 road miles on it the next day plus 5 off-road hill and sand miles. So far the only issue I have with the bike is it only will do 50 MPH and acts like it is starving for fuel or has a rev limiter kicking in. Lower speed but hard acceleration will also exhibit the same behavior. If the manual is to be believed the bike should do 60 MPH. I have not run it with the fuel cap removed to verify proper tank venting yet but wanted to hear other ideas of what I could check the next time I take it out. Thanks for your help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG8426.jpg (101.6 KB, 14096 views)
File Type: jpg 20150214_104351.jpg (99.3 KB, 13800 views)
File Type: jpg 20150214_104421.jpg (106.2 KB, 14019 views)