Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2019, 09:56 PM   #16

I had porting experience on my cars heads and had all the tools already on hand. I used a mini hand drill from Ebay and some standard abrasive sanding cartridges in various grits and sizes shapes. Used my already crushed copper gasket to port match the exhaust side. Used the dremel with polishing buffs for just exhaust side with diamond rouse to smooth it up and get mirror shine. I left intake at 120 grit for fuel attomization cause you never want the intake super smooth from my experience. I really focused on the bowls and makund a smooth transition for the air to pass through the valves without so much restriction they really are hurting in the bowl area for flowing good. I then got out the digital micrometer measured up and taped some 180 grit sandpaper to a mirror and took of 1mm. Then went with 400 grit then 800 grit to smooth up the deck. Then ih went in and lapped up the valves with permatex valve grinding compound. When I tested the valves before lapping they leaked out the brake clean on both but more on the intake valve. After doing a good 3 sets of lapping per valve I put them back and no leaks!!! I let the fluid sit in for about half hour lapping was successful. All in all took a full day on the head and hour half to disassemble and hour half or so to re assemble.

Hawk250RedRyder2018
FlyRacing/D.I.D./ProTaper/JTSprockets/Nibbi30/DPR9EIX/PNP/KendaWashougal2/Acerbis/AlpinestarsTech5/HJC/.........TheRideContinues........RockyMountainHigh ..........LIFE ELEVATED!!!!

Old 07-07-2019, 11:22 PM   #17

Congrats on finding another viable head that fits, yeah it is fantastic how well a porting and decking job works on these Hawks. Despite just getting a Multistrada 1200S, it is so rewarding to take the little Hawk for a spin after all I've done to it.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochin View Post
Congrats on finding another viable head that fits, yeah it is fantastic how well a porting and decking job works on these Hawks. Despite just getting a Multistrada 1200S, it is so rewarding to take the little Hawk for a spin after all I've done to it.
How much was the TT250 head from CSC? Several people have said it flows better out of the box than a bone stock Hawk head does...ARH

Old 07-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
How much was the TT250 head from CSC? Several people have said it flows better out of the box than a bone stock Hawk head does...ARH
I paid full price around $118 with shipping last year some time, on the 4th of July sale it was down to $67 plus shipping. Good opportunity if somebody used it.