Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #1

Any dealers with stock in USA?

Please read my intro in new members area for details...

Looking for a dual sport / enduro bike, either 200cc or 250cc, as inexpensive and reliable as possible?

I find websites online, but most have gone out of business, never answer the phone, or I leave messages with no answer back

Can someone tell me of a dealer with inexpensive dual sorts that is still open and selling them?

Thanks, Steve

Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #2

I suggest you examine the QLink XP200 motorcycles. Looking at the QLink website, I see Sun Buggies is a QLink dealer in Myrtle Beach.

http://www.sunbuggies.com/

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #3

I haven't seen a QLink in person, but from all I've read here, they're terrific right out of the box.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #4

I have a Qlink XP200 (2008 model) and it's great! Amazing deal for $2100 out the door including the license plate!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #5

Called sunbuggies yesterday and spoke to them about a bike... he seemed very professional and answered all questions I had. He suggested that the XF is more built for the street then the XP is.

Bad part is Myrtle Beach is over 3 hours drive from Elgin, and he is not open weekends... I have to say that I am a little scared in the fact that he is not open even on Saturdays in a beachside resort town that has that much traffic on Saturdays... he also does not have any XF or XP stock on hand in the store as he only does orders for them

Hard to drop $2,700 on a bike you've only seen online...

Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #6

Several members here have bought China bikes sight unseen. I think it would be hard to go wrong with a QLink.

One member blew his up in a silly quest for more power, but none of us thought his plans were a good idea. If you prep the bike properly and keep the RPM to a sane level, it will last a long time.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #7

The only thing that really scares me the most about the XP is the 34.7" seat height

I am 6' 2" and my inseam is 32" and being a beginner here, I would like a firm grip on the ground while stopped at a light and not have it tip over on me to the sight of others watching...

How is the seat height for those who have one?

How bright is the headlight at night?

Old 08-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_newbie View Post
The only thing that really scares me the most about the XP is the 34.7" seat height

I am 6' 2" and my inseam is 32" and being a beginner here, I would like a firm grip on the ground while stopped at a light and not have it tip over on me to the sight of others watching...

Firstly, the QLink XP200 is a very well built, reliable little motorcycle. If you want to buy a new bike, it will be hard to beat the value of the QLink XP200. However, if you are willing to buy a used Japanese bike, you can certainly find some exceptional values for the same amount of money, if you are willing to be patient.

The XF200 has a much lower saddle height, but the XP200 is much more trail worthy, without sacrificing any street capabilities. Therefore, I would prefer the XP200, myself.

I am the same height as you, but I have 30-inch inseam. Even after lowering my CRF250X by 2.1-inches, it still has a 35.1-inch saddle height. Given your size, I strongly suggest you get the taller, XP200. That saddle height will serve you well. These bikes are very light, and you will easily be able to keep both feet flat on the ground with a 32-inch inseam. If you get a lower saddle than 34.7-inches, you will probably regret the decision, and you might feel like a bear riding a bicycle.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #9

Also the suspension will sag when you sit on it.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #10

Quote:

Spud is correct on all counts. The headlight is poor as it is only 35w and non-adjustable. Some have gone with 45w and even up to 60w bulbs. When I had my XF200 (recently sold), I changed the headlight to one that was adjustable and was able to handle a 60w bulb.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 08-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #11

Indeed, the suspension will sag when you sit on the bike. If the XP200 headlight employs an H4 bulb, you can install a standard, H4, 55W/60 bulb without any problems.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #12

Quote:

Steve, you're taller than average, and you'll appreciate the 34.7" seat height, as others have said here. The preload is likely adjustable on the rear shock, so you can determine how much it sags.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #13

Is the headlight easy to swap out to a 55w or 60w?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #14

Contact www.atv4usa.com who are the distributors for the TMEC 200 enduro. Read about them on the few threads about the bikes. My biggest complaint is the fit and finish...the engine is very stout, however. I have put probably 5000 miles on mine since I bought mine used last November. I commute approx. 15 miles each way to work and back. The speedo/odo cable was already broken and the guy who sold it did not know the actual miles. It is a 2009 model, and Excalibur now have the '13 models. They would be approx. $1600 shipped to you, but you have to assemble it. Plus, they will not sell to you if one of their retailers is nearby; technically they only wholesale unless there is no retailer by you. Just a thought if the Qlink seems a little pricey.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Last edited by culcune; 08-23-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #15

Q-Link or SSR XP or XF Models.... 200cc or 250cc... and CA legal. OK... I am a CA dealer, and know that the current 2013 Q-Link models do not have California approvals. SSR does however, and they offer the same exact bikes as Q-Link ... but you have a choice of 200cc or 250cc. And, all of the SSR models come with Front & Rear Disk Brakes... and adjustable front Black Inverted forks.... and nice rack on the rear.... not the floppy handles like Q-Link. Much better bike than the Q-Link. I use to deal with Q-Link, and can see the difference. They all come from the same factory, but SSR spends the extra money.

Something we did is send out the seats on our Motard, and Dual Sport and had then cut down about 3", softened, and made with a very nice gripper on top, carbon fiber on the sides, and color matching stitching. Everyone loves the new-redone seats!

Here is our web site with the bikes.... http://atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/motorcycles.html or here.... http://atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/products.html

Don't get me wrong. The Q-Link is a very good bike. Light years ahead of the old simple Chinese 200GY and 250GY bikes made by so many companies. I just find the refinements on the SSR to really top off the already perfect bikes.

The main factory for both Q-Link and SSR is Qingqi. Here is an introduction to them from their English China Site.... http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/aboutqingqi.aspx