Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 PM   #1

HELP with Chinese ATV.

I am looking to purchase an adult size ATV and a child size. As I search the internet I understand the market even less...so many brands that look the same. I want it cheap but don't want junk. Can anyone help me make sense of the endless choices? 8O

Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
Yep, there is a lot out there to pick from and it is only going to get worse. China is busting at the seams trying to produce this stuff to keep up!

I will try to help any way I can. I am a dealer for Lifan and Redcat ATV, cycles, scooters and Dazon karts. I know that the Redcat and Lifan units are pretty good and parts is not a big problem. Redcat has built a huge website, www.atvpartsusa.com , that cross references most of the chinese bikes out there. They have a new system in place starting this week that is suppose to keep closer watch on parts and availability of units throughout their 6 distribution centers. They will have 9 new models coming out in Nov. that will include a 4X4 400cc that looks to very nice. You can look at them at www.redcatmotors.com if your are interested. The 250cc units and under carry a full year warranty on engine and 6 months on parts, one of the best I have seen. The Lifan units are good quality and well built and they usually carry any part needed and super fast shipping of parts, usually 3-4 days. www.americanlifan.com will show their line-up.
I am not a shipping dealer, but I do want to make you aware that Redcat only gives a 6 month warranty on engine only for shipped units. You can only get the full warranty at a dealership.
OK, that's enough of my sales pitch ... bottom line, do your research and don't always look at the cheap stuff, there's usually a reason why it sells so cheap. Look at parts availability from whatever company that you decide on.
Hope I helped in some way!
Tom

Old 10-05-2006, 12:26 AM   #3

JetMoto products seem to be good and have good support as well www.jetmotousa.com they primarily do ATV's only offer 3 bikes!
Diamo is a reliable but pricey dealer only brand. Roketa is also good and has parts available. I'm sure their are many that are fine just have to call and talk to them and see which dealer your most comfortable with.

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 10-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 08-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #5

Choosing a quad...... Hope I can help

OK.... I am a dealer, and have been an Importer for years. I have been to 1/2 the factories in China. So, I know the Chinese stuff, and products well. My best sugestion is, call me any time, and just ask the questions. (I am very happy to chat, and help out. 916) 922-3333 California Time. Mon-Sat 11-6. My site is www.atvwholesaleoutlet.com

Honestly, there are some brands to stay away from. Mostly because of bad parts supplying, Problems with the DMV, CARB, and Just poor Customer support. 2 that come to mind is Roketta and NST. Both are gross Violators, have been fined many hundreds of thousands, and actualy been shut down. Un-fortunatly they re-opened again. hahaha

Parts has been one of the biggest things. Loads of Mom & Pop dealers selling...... but they have no parts in stock, and have no clue how to fix them. There are very few places like us that have a large inventory of parts, and know how to service them.

Sorry if I sound like an addvertisment, or blowing our own horn too much. You Biking Bud..... Doug

Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #6

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O

:evil: :!:

CAUTION
Obey The Traffic Regulation.
Always Wear a Helmet.
Don't Ride After Drinking Wine.
Before Operation, Read The Owners Manual Carefully.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #7

Re: Choosing a quad...... Hope I can help

You do realize you're responding to a thread that's about 2 years old right??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
OK.... I am a dealer, and have been an Importer for years. I have been to 1/2 the factories in China. So, I know the Chinese stuff, and products well. My best sugestion is, call me any time, and just ask the questions. (I am very happy to chat, and help out. 916) 922-3333 California Time. Mon-Sat 11-6. My site is www.atvwholesaleoutlet.com

Honestly, there are some brands to stay away from. Mostly because of bad parts supplying, Problems with the DMV, CARB, and Just poor Customer support. 2 that come to mind is Roketta and NST. Both are gross Violators, have been fined many hundreds of thousands, and actualy been shut down. Un-fortunatly they re-opened again. hahaha

Parts has been one of the biggest things. Loads of Mom & Pop dealers selling...... but they have no parts in stock, and have no clue how to fix them. There are very few places like us that have a large inventory of parts, and know how to service them.

Sorry if I sound like an addvertisment, or blowing our own horn too much. You Biking Bud..... Doug

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"