Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
how much does that little 150 weigh? it looks really small and manageable...

I may have to get one of these for tooling around at my grandparents house..

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #17

It's about 225 lbs. Seat height is about 32" - has 19"/16" tire setup. (It's almost identical to MrsTrueBattleax's bike)

If you just want a fun little bike to play ride on (say in a yard or a little field) -- pitbikes are small and light... and very easy to throw around.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 06-05-2007, 04:39 PM   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to Tom
ok thanks I was actually thinking of a 200cc but theres so many I dont know which one to get I need reliability though because I need something I can just ride and dont have to worry about fixing everyday like my last bike I got rid of I was thinking of this one what do you think

http://www.scootersfactory.com/200cc...ike-p-103.html

Old 06-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #19

it looks fine to me - I would doubt the 215lb weight is correct because mine weighs more than that and it doesn't have a battery or electic starter.

To be honest - if you are wanting something that requires almost zero maintenance then you probably shouldn't be looking at chinese bikes -- they are reliable in the motor department, but the bolts and stuff come loose. You may want to find an older Honda XR200 or something similar. I had an old Honda that over 15 years only required tires, a spark plug, a carb cleaning, and oil changes.... they are tanks, and I don't remember any bolts every falling out of it.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 06-05-2007, 09:07 PM   #20

i love those hensim's dirt bikes i thought the older 150 db 1 was nice but the db 2 is way better. i sell 1 a week out of my shop.there lil 50cc db is killer too.if you ever need parts for this let me know.i'll give you a good deal ok.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedez2000
if you ever need parts for this let me know.i'll give you a good deal ok.
if you're still in business... I'm letting you know - I need brake pads all around... looks like I'm running on metal as of my last ride. :wink:

Really - these brake pads are not the longest lasting things out there, but I wasn't expecting them to be. If you have some and the price is right I'll probably take 2 or 3 sets off your hands.

For my update - I've had the bike about 1 1/2 years now and so far I've put a new chain on it and now I'm in need of brakes and the back tire will be getting replaced as well.

Cannot complain at all. Power is great for messing around on the trails - and since much of my riding is in mud it just kills my brake pads. Wish there was a solid rotor option I could buy for this to help extend the pad life a little.

One thing I did notice is the seal around the ignition stator is terrible - when you go through creeks and stuff like I do the thing just gets water in there and it rusts - still runs and all, just a miss in the QA or design department on how that fits together.

Didn't ride it as much as I hoped because of riding my KX some days and general life stuff taking my time - but still I've got about 25 hours on the bike and it's holding up just fine.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 07-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #22

nice bike i've been looking to buy a Hensim 150 and i was wanting to know where you bought yours atv thanx
jesse

Old 07-12-2008, 11:37 AM   #23

The company I bought mine from seems to have gone out of business, so I can't help you with that....

I can tell you that I think this bike is a really nice general purpose machine. It is great on trails and has very reliable / usable power for low speed tight trails.

It is not a high speed machine and does not have suspension suited for jumps (in my opinion) -- do some searches and I think there are still companies shipping them for around $1k
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 07-31-2008, 06:10 PM   #24

does the hensim 150 come wit the stickers? cuz in ur pics, the red 1 has the stickers, but the green 1 doesnt hav stickers. i want to get a black 1 without the stickers. so wats the deal wit the stickers?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:00 PM   #25

When I ordered they only had red in stock so they sent me a red one and then exchanged the plastic for me -- so the replacement plastic did not have stickers on it.

If you order a black one it will most likely have the stickers on it in the crate - I would suggest a hair drier to take them off, but not sure what the results would be with this plastic.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #26

just FYI, I'm into my third summer with 2 of these Hensim bikes. In Canada, they're distributed as Panterra from Grandwest Enterprises. I got mine for a deal but retail they're not the greatest prices. I think Family

They've still held up fine. Haven't ridden a lot this summer, personally, but out on our land the one has been used by two teenage boys quite a bit. I took that one for a spin and it starts, runs, stops just fine and doesn't require any maintenance except an oil change...for what I paid, and needed them for, they turned out very well for me...in this instance, they outdid the Japanese machines (although, I've been pining for an XR200 myself). Note, I assembled them myself and the loktite did the trick.

Cheers,
R.

Old 08-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #27

good to hear the bikes are holding up, mine is similar to your guys's bikes, but has a 200cc engine, i like the bike alot, it's been great so far, no problems whatsoever

Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by panterra_rider
it starts, runs, stops just fine and doesn't require any maintenance except an oil change
Pretty much the same deal for me - never lost any bolts... BUT my brake pads gave up the ghost -- mainly because I am in the mud a lot and the slotted rotors are just terrible for that. (I ordered 3 sets of pads for both front and rear so I should be good for a long time now --- but I would suggest checking those pads the first time you hear them make noise because they are down to the metal in no time after that.)

Still, this bike is rock solid and a great deal for a trail / woods bike. This Vet MX rider loves his Hensim.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 08-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #29

Need to find one of these.....?

Here is where you can still buy these. http://www.atvwholesaleoutlet.com/html/motorcycles.html

Hope this helps....