Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2023, 08:37 AM   #1

powersportsmax layaway

I was wondering if any of you have experience with their layaway program. I put my bike on layaway in November, and I have requested invoices each time I make a payment. The invoices I receive are a bit questionable because they only show how much I have paid as a bonus, and they do not list any balance or other details. It is a bit disconcerting to me. The bike will be paid off in May, and I sure hope I didn't make a mistake here.

Old 02-27-2023, 07:14 AM   #2

wow!

Old 02-27-2023, 08:29 AM   #3

Well if they have sent receipts for each payment, you should be able to PDF them (if not already), and send them together with an email listing each payment and showing the total. If you haven't already, open each email/receipt separately, save them in a folder as PDF with Date and amount as the filename.

I do these things on a desktop computer. If you are trying to do this on a cell phone, you can still do it, but maybe not the PDF thing. Desktops computers allow you to print to PDF.

Anyway, you do have evidence of all of your payments, so you can total them and send them together as an email. You shouldn't have any problem.

Old 02-27-2023, 12:51 PM   #4

Thanks for the response. I don't think they are necessarily doing anything wrong, but I am a bit anxious because I am on a fixed income and this is a significant amount of money for me. I have made real sacrifices to make these payments every month. I suppose I will relax and follow your advice, keeping everything together and giving them the benefit of the doubt. However, I do wish they were more transparent with information. They must be incredibly busy. In any case, thank you for the response. I feel better now and will do as you suggested.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:25 PM   #5

For what it's worth I bought one paying up front from them like two weeks ago. Had some shipping damage and another issue and have been communicating via email. I have to say they are treating me better and more professionally with follow up service than I actually expected. On par with about anyone I've dealt with online.

Old 02-28-2023, 09:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapkin View Post
It is a bit disconcerting to me. The bike will be paid off in May, and I sure hope I didn't make a mistake here.
They have been around for many years; I am fairly certain your money will NOT mysteriously disappear. As far as service goes, members have reported hits and misses with them, but I have noticed a trend lately leaning towards hits as far as after-sales support such as what GypsyR just reported.

Out of curiosity, what bike are you purchasing?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-28-2023, 10:29 PM   #7

you should be alright. i used to be a banker so they should be able to back you up, and give you a paper trail (the same batch 'trace numbers' that they supply to the police dept in case of fraud/investigation). as long as you talk to the right banker/dept and it' within the 60-day period, they will comply.
i think the format of the receipt may just be due to a bad accounting template? .

Old 03-01-2023, 02:11 AM   #8

As anyone who saw how I flip flopped when deciding on what bike to buy can tell, I have issues with stuff like this. I appreciate you guys responding. Sometimes I come off a bit bad and it taints my interactions. I am just glad that the Lifan X-pect backroad thread exists, I am going to follow that as much as I can with what tools and stuff I have right now. Thanks again.

Old 03-04-2023, 07:40 AM   #9

well, made another payment and asked the young lady to kindly email me an invoice or receipt or something and she said she would. That was two days ago. I have yet to receive it. This is not the way to build confidence within your customer base, but what do I know anyway?

Old 03-04-2023, 07:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Out of curiosity, what bike are you purchasing?
Lifan X-Pect.

Old 03-09-2023, 10:18 AM   #11

Everything is fine, once again I overreact. (Could this be why my marriage ended?) heheheheh thanks guys.

Old 07-05-2023, 12:56 PM   #12

Glad to hear this worked out. I was wondering this as I am planning to put a bike on layaway with psm.

Old 07-05-2023, 06:08 PM   #13

Zapkin, not that you are doing anything wrong, But personally I would rather save my money up in my account rather than send it off to someone else for layaway payments. That way if some actual financial emergency came up, I have it.

But OTOH maybe you are like me, ridiculously impulsive and you would end up spending it rather than save it for the bike.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself