Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2023, 10:40 AM   #1

PowerSportsMax - mixed bag

I recently ordered a Lifan X-Pect 200 from PowerSportsMax. I was considering both them and Venom for this bike. Ultimately, PowerSportsMax had a significantly better price (about $200 less), so that's the way I went. My order shipped the next day, and I got it about a week later, completely unblemished. Also received the MSO a couple days before the bike showed up. So, no complaints on the order or shipping process.

When setting up the bike I noticed the right turn signals were completely inoperative. I submitted a support request 4 days ago for this but have not heard a thing back from them. They lose marks for support and I'm glad I didn't have a more serious issue. I traced the issue to a broken solder connection in the turn signal switch which I was able to fix.

My final verdict is that post-sale support is not great, and there's some risk if something is seriously wrong or there's significant shipping damage that would require parts. Having said that, pricing and shipping were great.

Old 08-26-2023, 01:52 PM   #2

I haven't assembled my new motorcycle yet. But i will say the box came in very good condition and the motorcycle was packaged very well. It was strapped down to a wooden pallet with several straps and a bag covering it. So powersportsmax does seem to package them very well for shipping.

Old 08-26-2023, 04:40 PM   #3

Glad you solved your problem phurth. PSM has been responsive to me (free entire front wheel, starter, not actually needed), and I am confident that if you had a persistent problem, and documented it, they would come through. Now that you found the minor issue. what do you think of the value you got, based on what you paid??

Old 08-26-2023, 10:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Glad you solved your problem phurth. PSM has been responsive to me (free entire front wheel, starter, not actually needed), and I am confident that if you had a persistent problem, and documented it, they would come through. Now that you found the minor issue. what do you think of the value you got, based on what you paid??
You're probably right. To be fair, I'd be more persistent if I had a more serious issue.

I'm completely blown away by the value on this bike. Not sure what I expected, but it sure wasn't nearly Japanese bike fit and finish, which is pretty close to what I got. I did get a good price from PowerSportsMax, and shipping was great, so pretty good value there, too.