Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2022, 09:04 PM   #31

Hello, I have been looking at buying a scooter from x-pro on Amazon. The scooter is Saipan 200 EFI it looks like Vitacci Clash 200 EFI could they be the same scooters?
The Saipan is labeled X-Pro.

Old 10-27-2022, 10:53 PM   #32

I just bought a Templar 250X from Xpro on Amazon. We shall see. The reviews I read so far are positive. I paid for the assembly because 150 bucks is worth my time. Anyway, I see the Templar X is really the same bike as the Trailmaster TM31 PRO 250, just that the TM31 only has a 239cc engine. Same frame, same gauges, slightly smaller engine.

Old 11-03-2022, 01:24 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhodes100 View Post
Hello, I have been looking at buying a scooter from x-pro on Amazon. The scooter is Saipan 200 EFI it looks like Vitacci Clash 200 EFI could they be the same scooters?
The Saipan is labeled X-Pro.
Good chance it is the same. Xpro is the brand name of Powersportsmax and they (obviously) have their own site separate from Powersportsmax. XPro/Powersportsmax seem to re-label other brands as the 'XPro' brand.

That being said--it is fairly easy and straightforward to be a scooter company in China. A lot of the suppliers make parts that look the same, so it is possible to have scooters that look exactly the same but are technically, as recognized with the US EPA and other countries' emissions gurus, as a separate 'manufacture' when in fact they simply sourced parts from the same suppliers.

Also, as far as importers go, they are not manufacturers but act as such. The powerhouse ZNen manufacturers for numerous different US brands, including SSR, BMS, Amigo, and others. But their MCO states 'ZNen' even if one company calls the bike the '150 Classic' and another company calls it 'Salt and Pepper 150'.

Also, importers can spec their scooters differently. Using Znen as an example, it is possible for one importer to spec their model with higher quality parts when Znen manufactures their particular batch(es) of bikes, such as a Gates belt vs. an anonymous generic belt that would usually come on the bike from the factory. Also, a name brand spark plug for another example, and some even spec their bikes with brand name carbs. That is how they can justify charging more for the same exact Znen model.

Or, the bikes are the exact same, which is not out of the question.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-03-2022, 05:18 PM   #34

Ordered mine through Amazon and it came faster than expected. I had a couple bad parts that were replaced quickly and with no charge, great service and the bike is great!

Old 04-05-2023, 02:38 AM   #35

Good Experience with Xpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit352 View Post
Anyone have any feedback on ordering a xpro Titan or templar directly from xpro USA? They are by far the cheapest so I'm wondering if there is a catch and why no orders from them.

Hey All,
I just got the 125cc Cafe Cruiser bike from Xpro/Powersportsmax and I actually have had a very good experience so far. I expected them to kind of ghost me after payment, but that hasn't been the case. Here's my experience in bullet points:
  • I ordered directly through the PowerSportsMax website, saving money over amazon.
  • When I paid, I had a friend put it on his card so they sent me a form for a card authorization. They called me the next day to check up and see if I was having any difficulties.
  • Once the bike shipped a couple days after payment, they sent me an email with a tracking number and shipped through RDL. Was able to track it the whole way.
  • It arrived quickly in about a week and sustained no damage
  • There were a couple parts missing or defective. Battery terminal and locking bolt for the wheel were missing, and the bracket for the handle bars was stripped out.
  • BUT when I emailed them about replacements, they replied within a day.
  • They didn't have all the parts in stock but directed me to where I could get them on ebay and offered a reimbursement for the expense. Have not completed that yet (their email just came today) so I don't have a reimbursement in hand but all-in-all I'm satisfied.

Old 01-01-2024, 07:50 PM   #36

Does Amazon have better return policies? Just in case...

Last edited by CoolGuy123; 01-01-2024 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Missed one point i wanted to write

Old 01-01-2024, 07:55 PM   #37

Just in case.

Old 01-01-2024, 08:13 PM   #38

I have purchased on amazon before and it was fine. The bike came fully intact no damage and the guy dropped it off and was very nice. after a few weeks of riding the bike started to make weird noises and began to get slower and slower over time, but a buddy of mine fixed it and it was fine. A month later one of the starter bolts cracked (although I think that's my fault since I may have tightened it to much). Ordered a starter off of amazon but was the wrong one still looking for a starter...Otherwise great bike would buy again (and actually am buying again in a bit).

Old 01-05-2024, 04:20 PM   #39

Question wondering ?

Reading these xPro/PowerSportsMax experiences got me wondering:
  1. Are Amazon xPro orders automatically processed as 'assembled' orders? ... because I haven't noticed ANY regular, non-assembled orders from Amazon. If so, that might explain why Amazon prices are higher? ... i.e. due to 'assembly'.
  2. Is Xpro responsiveness to Amazon orders the result of Amazon forcing vendors to agree to 'Amazon customer treatment standards', as a condition to running a 'store' on Amazon?
  3. Are 'assembled' bikes re-crated and shipped NOT labeled as from China ... such that the shippers' personnel don't 'intentionally' damage crates not marked as from China?
If it's true that xPro Amazon offerings are for 'assembled' units, ONLY, I noticed that the Templar X is the SAME 'assembled' price on Amazon as on PowerSportsMax i.e. $2,000. Amazon shipping costs $400 vs. $300 at PowerSportsMax. Thus, the price difference is $100.

Is it worth $400 to get one assembled and undamaged in a non-China-marked crate ... and not have to chase an unresponsive distributor for parts/warranty etc. ? Is your time and anxiety worth $400? ... whether you need/want it assembled ... or not?

I'm thinking that a Kawasaki KLX300 is still about 3x more $$$ than a Templar X ... although the KLX300 has fuel injection and 42 cc more displacement!

Last edited by Discoveror; 01-06-2024 at 11:33 AM.

Old 03-10-2024, 02:59 PM   #40

How long does shipping from the actual XproUsa website take normally?

Just bought the X5 bike.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:25 AM   #41

The bike is hopefully arriving today.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:43 AM   #42

Late to the party, just ordered last week from Xprousa. They are affiliated with PSM so no worries. Tracking provided thru Shop app and shipped via R&L

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X