Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2022, 05:03 PM   #16

Suspended/Soon Revoked With BBB

I had a number of people ask about a couple of scooters I was riding. They looked great, but had constant trouble with them from the get-go. Manny was extremely rude, even insulting in his emails. Did an arbitration with BBB, which was successful, Manny refused to pay. They are now in possession of my return, per the ruling in the arbitration, and I have seen no money or contact from them. BBB has suspended them and votes to completely revoke their license next week, and I am filing a small claims case as soon as I hear the result from BBB.
Please do yourself a favor and pay attention to the people on this message board that encourage you to purchase your vehicle from a reputable company. I can't imagine I am the only one that has had this experience with them.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #17

910, was arbitration the only remedy? Why and how did the BBB get involved except as a semi-enforcer? Do they have any clout to insure recovery?
Small claims will end up the same way unless there is a mechanism to enforce re-payment. You can get a judgment, but the payback can be stretched for a long period of time which is not a big help, and they can just stop paying and you have to get someone/something to poke them to make more payments. If you could be reimbursed by a credit card that would have been a quicker and potentially easier mechanism. They can 'chargeback' against the vendor and you get the debit removed from your account. But. You must be quick and have definite proof of poor or illegal conductm of failure of the vendor to meet the agreed upon terms, such as actual delivery, etc.
I think it is good that you are posting of your unsavory experience and warning others to be wary.

Old 04-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #18

Wow, I think I dodged a bullet. I just got a bike from them and it went good. The whole deal had that sketchy feel though.

Old 05-19-2022, 05:10 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to willardnigma Send a message via MSN to willardnigma Send a message via Yahoo to willardnigma
I'll say don't buy from them.

Paid over $300 for their "ready to ride" option. States it includes carb tuning.

The stock carb can't really be tuned easily, and they NEVER do it. I still had to buy an aftermarket carb and jet kit despite being at the same elevation.

Bike was not ready to ride. Still had to assemble the bike, and the part that was assembled was done dangerously so. Bolts were hand tight, missing the exhaust crush gasket, one exhaust stud was broke off in the head.

Later on it dropped a valve, (this was 2 months after purchase)
Damaged everything from the piston up to the valve cover. Had to fight like hell for them to send the replacement parts. They demanded I take it to a licensed shop for diagnosis and have them contact him.
The number of shops that will touch or look at a china bike are rare, and it's gonna cost more than the parts just to get them to diagnose it.

They have yet to refund the extra I paid for the ready to ride option, despite BBB complain and credit card dispute wouldn't go through (despite having clear video proof)

I honestly recommend just buying off amazon. You pay more but you're much better protected should something come up.

Old 07-22-2022, 09:53 PM   #20

You should have listened to this site. Manny no good

Old 07-22-2022, 10:05 PM   #21

Any bike needs to be assembled carefully. These bikes need more care, even removing parts that were "installed" before they even got to the distributor.

Fair warning to ALL china bike buyers... If you don't want to build and work on a bike, go to a big 4 dealership.

Exceptions are some CSC dealers, and known brick and mortar shops where you have a service department.

I have witnessed "expert" mechanics using power tools to "thread" bolts, only to have them go sideways and destroy the threads. I have watched youtube videos where "expert" installers actually break the plastic expansion rivets on molding plastics during the build before the bike is even out of the crate

Again, if you don't want to build the bike, or you don't have time, do NOT buy a crate bike. This includes carb tuning, chain maintenance, front axel, brakes, controls (levers and other handlebar mounted controls). Wiring and battery routing, installation, zip strip securing, waterproofing, plastics installation.

There, you have been warned

Old 07-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #22

Man, SMH Manny is still up to his old tricks I see. I guess it doesn't help that Motocheez recommends them on every video of a new bike he gets. HE seems to be the only one that can get decent service from them. I still remember that debacle with Azhule. So, I stay away from the Manny dealer websites and I try to steer people in the right direction if I can. Its amazing how a business like that can stay open with that many complaints.

Old 07-23-2022, 09:30 AM   #23

Just purchased a battery on ebay. I did not realize this was the (in)famous Txpowersports as in this thread. The listing was for a specific part number, which I looked up, and it was $1 cheaper than another listed from them with different 'headline' text.(listing caption at the top).
Anyway the battery showed up without acid. Useless.
I messaged the seller, and their response was 'the battery was listed as dry'.
My response was it was the same part number as another listing with different listing text, but the same part number as the battery 'kit' which does come with acid, etc.
Response was again 'listed as dry'.
Off to ebay complaints. Noted the part number was not the same as on the box.
Done. They lost. I won.
Cost them a few bucks, and I certainly would have paid the extra buck for what I needed, but I had checked the 'Item Details" and it matched the other listing.
They tried(lamely) to denote the battery was without acid by stating
"All batteries except BSX are shipped dry." Yes. True. So that means the battery
will be shipped dry, just as expected, but says nothing about acid.
Another vendor selling the same product indicated, in RED letters on a YELLOW background that this particular listing was "WITHOUT ACID". Txpowersports tried to
sell their useless without stating what they were really shipping.
I made the mistake of figuring their listing headline was the same thing, but listed so as to appeal to specific buyers. For example "Honda CRX battery" could be the exact same battery as "Yamaha Doodie battery", and if you knew that, you could save a buck or two buying the one with the different header and get exactly the same battery. I was wong, but their listing was deceptive. And it cost them, at least one time.
tom

Old 07-23-2022, 01:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
Man, SMH Manny is still up to his old tricks I see. I guess it doesn't help that Motocheez recommends them on every video of a new bike he gets. HE seems to be the only one that can get decent service from them. I still remember that debacle with Azhule. So, I stay away from the Manny dealer websites and I try to steer people in the right direction if I can. Its amazing how a business like that can stay open with that many complaints.
I believe “Motocheez “ gets a free bike or at least a highly discounted one to pay him off,it would be fine if the dealer was descent ,but he should be given a good swift kick in the peaches for ever promoting that place with his discount code .

Old 07-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #25

Tried to buy a Vitacci Clash 200 from Arlington Power Sports in TX. He takes my money first and 3 weeks later still working to get one. I told him to cancel and 2 days later no money. I used Paypal and complained to them. They went to work and I got a full refund within a couple of days.
Decided to pay just a little more and found one a couple of hours away, bought a hitch carrier and picked it up fully assembled and running. The hitch carrier was only $110 on Ebay. The Clash was $1899 plus tax. The one in TX was just over $1600 and would arrive unassembled.
Best to get one local if you can and test it out.

Old 07-24-2022, 10:36 AM   #26

Arlington is also a “Manny” dealership ,same clown ,same problems .The issue with paying for a pre assembled bike is in most cases the children assembling the bikes don’t care ,are not thorough ,don’t know what they are doing ,and they just send dangerous bikes out .In almost 100% of cases it’s a total waste of money because you will end up having to do it correctly yourself as the various parts fall off while you are riding it .

Old 07-24-2022, 03:20 PM   #27

Come on guys, got to be smarter than that to buy from Rat manny rat i say.

Old 07-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Arlington is also a “Manny” dealership ,same clown ,same problems .The issue with paying for a pre assembled bike is in most cases the children assembling the bikes don’t care ,are not thorough ,don’t know what they are doing ,and they just send dangerous bikes out .In almost 100% of cases it’s a total waste of money because you will end up having to do it correctly yourself as the various parts fall off while you are riding it .
Just cracked open the belt cover to find the belt size. Found a Gates 835 20 Belt. Also, the kickstart return spring had sprung loose. Had to watch a video to get it on and timed properly. I ordered a Gates with kevlar to put on later. Now worried about the clutch durability. Seems to run and drive good. Today I finally opened it up and was surprised to get to 68mph (on gauge) and was still going up. Speed limit was 45 so backed off.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:40 PM   #29

I used txpowersports for my X-PECT purchase. No problems at all. Saia even delivered it a couple of day,s early, in perfect shape. I couldn’t be happier with whole experience, so far so good.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:02 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwrider View Post
I used txpowersports for my X-PECT purchase. No problems at all. Saia even delivered it a couple of day,s early, in perfect shape. I couldn’t be happier with whole experience, so far so good.
Did the bike come from Texas or drop-shipped from American Lifan in California?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard