Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #1

a few stickers does wonders on the beast front end

so i got bored on ebay last week and ordered some stickers.. 2 3in long fmf stickers, 3 monster energy drink stickers, and 2 fox racing stickers.

i didnt want to throw stickers on that i didnt actually use parts or clothing from the company. i put the monster, fmf, and fox racing stickers on the front of the quad.. damn it does make the front look a little better with stickers on it.

cant wait to get new body plastics and get the stickers back on, but if i dont get new plastics this winter. at least the stickers helps out the looks of the quad

and yes i know the fox racing stickers appear pinkish, on ebay the pictures showed them as redder then the pinkish redish color they are.

Old 10-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #2

nice, do you know where to get a white body kit for the beast 200cc? they say there not making them any more (gio)

Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #3

pretty much all the 200cc china quads use the same body plastic mounting points..

google 200cc atv body, should pull up a few sites.. certain peices like the front nose cone that my monster stickers are on might vary from company to company. but all new body plastics are a pretty penny, iirc i figured up with shipping between 250 and 300 for awhole new body front to rear.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #4

Paint

Do you think it would be a pain to paint the body of a beast???? If not, what steps would you (and everyone else) follow to do this job???????

Old 10-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #5

Re: Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdfan30
Do you think it would be a pain to paint the body of a beast???? If not, what steps would you (and everyone else) follow to do this job???????
remove the whole body, dont try to paint it on the frame.. get good spray paint, krylon that is ment for plastics and a few cans of clear coat. wet sand the body with a fine grit wet sand paper. then spray the body, nice smooth even coats, allow the coats to dry for like 30 minutes, then do the next coat. keep doing coats untill you get the paint the way you want it. then spray it again with nice smooth even coats of clear coat.

look on youtube they have a how to paint atv plastic videos.. i painted mine cuz it was blue but when i got it the blue had faded to purple.. i didnt do it properly, i masked off the frame and stuff and left the body plastics on. i also used the el cheapo 99 cent spray paint instead ot he 3 to 5 dollar krylon spray paint ment for painting plastics.. i also didnt clear coat mine cuz the paint was already glossy..

spend the extra money on GOOD PAINT, and GOOD CLEAR COAT, take the time to wet sand.. when you wet sand it you dont have to push down to hard, and the end result should be a smooth even haze every where you have painted..

Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #6

My wife painted my daughters 50cc quad with two coats of some car paint she picked up from Canadian tire. It doesn't look that bad really. You could probably do a better job and get good results with Mizke's suggestion. Or you could just do the Mrs. TurboT hacker job and probably look reasonable. 8)

Old 10-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #7

painting plastic

PPG PLASTIC SURFACE PREP AND APPLICATION
SU4901 - Clean & scuff sponge
SU4902 - Plastic adhesion wipe
SU4903 - Advance plastic bond

Plastics contain mold release agents that cause paint adhesion issues. The Clean and Scuff Sponge (SU4901) contains a special cleaning agent designed to help remove these agents as well as provide mechanical adhesion.

After preping, the plastic should be primed as soon as possible. The Plastic Adhesion Wipe (SU4902) is an advanced film former that promotes excellent adhesion and removes the static charge from plastic. Once used, you will need to apply the final stage within one hour.

Apply a thin coat of the Advanced Plastic Bond (SU4903 or Aerosol SUA4903). Allow 5 minutes to dry or until it has completely flashed to a matte finish, then use a high-build urethane primer or urethane sealer before final color or clearcoat is applied.