Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2019, 02:27 AM   #31

Sorry to hear that man hope can recover it in good shape.
Work for something an some thief takes it, some enjoyment taken away, shits big time

Old 09-27-2019, 09:05 AM   #32

Well got a call from a fella this morning. Fella told me he seen it a cpl of days ago and gave me a name. Called the sheriff and passed on the info. So fingers crossed.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:25 AM   #33

Sounds promising.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 09-27-2019, 10:21 AM   #34

We're hoping....keep us posted
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-27-2019, 08:07 PM   #35

This low life piece of garbage is Kevin Hogsett. He went to school with Jay and was even his roommate for a few months. He's dating one of Jay's neighbors in the apartment complex.

He stole the bike Tuesday night and was seen at his uncle's place Wednesday riding and told the uncle he bought it for $500 which his uncle knew was a lie, so when he seen our fb post he anonymously called Jay to let him know who had it. Kevin's cousin said he was riding the bike out at his dad's property yesterday and really enjoying himself. But neither relative is willing to talk to the sheriff even with me posting a $300 reward.

Jay confronted Kevin today and is currently surveilling the truck and property in his car drinking coffee and bottled water. The sheriff department says unless someone will say they actually saw Kevin on the bike firsthand they can't get a warrant to search.

Last edited by OneLeggedRider; 10-30-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #36

Wonder who helped him. Hopefully Jay can get it back.
2007 Honda VTX 1300R.
1974 Suzuki tm125, work in progress
2001 Suzuki Drz 400s.

Old 09-27-2019, 08:45 PM   #37

Glad you figured it out! As duck said who is the accomplice, or 2 or 3? Hope you get it back. Soon. Without any more headaches! Yes sir, he has been eyeing that, for some time,and maybe jealous....I don't want to judge. Hmm premeditated? New company....hawk investigations?
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #38

Hope since Jay confronted him, he doesn't go hide it somewhere.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #39

We think he only had 1 accomplice because they dropped the bike atleast twice, and I have a pretty good lead on that fella too. A guy named Dave Connor from the nearby town of Chesterhill.

Thank goodness for FB, the first post spread like wildfire, and the second post where I offered a reward went viral. I've spent the last 6 hours collecting information and tracking down leads, which have been phenomenal to say the least. Real time updates on where he is and where he's probably heading, and all of the places he's stayed in the last year. Right now we have his dad's property, his girlfriend's apartment, and his camper under surveillance.

I already knew we couldn't depend on Barney Fife to find his bullet in time. And yes, I am a bit of a braggart with an oversized ego I'll admit. But like Dan, when I focus this over-sized skull and extremely overactive brain I usually get results in a hurry. I tagged all the seediest characters I know and shared it to 15 different local buy/sell groups and offered a little bit of monetary encouragement and the info has been priceless. Even the Sheriff's brother said "mount up regulators" and joked about a "citizen manhunt".

Old 09-27-2019, 11:09 PM   #40

If I knew where my bike was at, my ass would go steal it back, and I wouldn't be too careful about the property it is located on/in either. I've done it before with other stolen property of mine, including knocking down a fence and ripping off a shed door with my truck and a long cable. I despise thieves, and have no feelings of contricion. You steal my property and I will retrieve it as the crow flies with the carefulness of a charging bull.

I hopefully await a marvelous story of an ass beating and a recovered bike.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 09-28-2019, 01:49 AM   #41

Time for some lime, shovel and chipper.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:33 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochin View Post
Time for some lime, shovel and chipper.
Hmmmmmm…...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fargo-foot_0.jpg (55.5 KB, 110 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-28-2019, 07:46 AM   #43

It is a damn shame Law Enforcement is so useless in cases like this these days ,it always seems to be like they they will go to near any length to avoid actually having to do anything ,even when told who did it and where they are.
"Back in the day " what happened around my neck of the woods was a private visit from a very large Deputy with a nightstick and a very lump headed theif would arrive in jail a bit worse for wear. No one minded, because if there is one thing a working man will not abide it is a damn thief. That said, you located it so fast hopefully you eventually are able to recover it it in fair condition - I had a HD stolen years back that was eventually recovered but the state of what was left of it was so bad that I wish it had just stayed missing and I had never seen what they did to it.,it was a total loss and of course the Insurance Co. told me to pound sand.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 09-28-2019, 09:28 AM   #44

Dan I have done the same on a couple of occasions, the last being to recover a very expensive little dog for my elderly neighbor.

And Red Crow you'd be amazed at the level of lazy ineptitude law enforcement displays around here. The officer that took the report wouldn't even accept pics of the bike, he said "nah, I know what it looks like". And every tip Jay gives them you can easily tell is getting filed in their mental round file.

I am a little concerned though, the last time I heard from Jay lastnight he was going up to look in a trailer at the back of the property and I haven't heard anything since.

Old 09-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Dan I have done the same on a couple of occasions, the last being to recover a very expensive little dog for my elderly neighbor.

And Red Crow you'd be amazed at the level of lazy ineptitude law enforcement displays around here. The officer that took the report wouldn't even accept pics of the bike, he said "nah, I know what it looks like". And every tip Jay gives them you can easily tell is getting filed in their mental round file.

I am a little concerned though, the last time I heard from Jay lastnight he was going up to look in a trailer at the back of the property and I haven't heard anything since.
Knows what a trb looks like, color? suuurrreee, uh uh, WAIT.... trunk on back.....unless thieves remove it.....!!!

I liked dan's story....big bad dan, big Dan....one could sing that old song about Big Bad John. Dan rips the shed apart stealing his OWN possession back. Big Bad Frank. One could only imagine these two big dudes (Dan and Frank) together stealing back what was theirs. I can just see these 2 big dudes get out of a jacked up pickup......crap.... I would run till the soles of my shoes fell off, because if one of those guys with big paws got ahold of ya....would be ugly...