Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 06:47 PM   #1

New Bike Help!

Hey guys im looking to get a new bike and i have been reading alot about them but i need some help from everyone that has one and knows about them. First i need some help on where to find one cheap. Im a college student in Iowa and on kinda low budget. Ill be riding it to school and back. Next can someone tell me what i should do to it once i get it? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #2

Check Out this site

www.xxx-motorsports.com

I got my Roketa DB-07A Dual Sport from XXX Motorsports back in July, the price is still $1,029 and that's delivered to my door. Actually to where I work since we have a loading dock, but they will deliver to your door, just have some strong buddies on stand-by.
I spent an extra $50 for a notorized MSO ( Manufactures Statement of Origin) which you need to title and license the bike. They ship a generic one with the bike but I bought a notorized one so I would have no hassles and I didn't , at least here in Missouri. Actually I think as long as you make sure the generic version says "Motorcyle" and not "Dirt Bike" you would probably be fine. Theres alot of info here about getting one together really isn't bad at all especially if you know what to look for and everyone here will be happy to help. Anyway, check out the site and keep us posted.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM   #3

what sprocket did it come with? Ill be doing alot of street riding in 45mph areas so i need it to go atleast that.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

Hey Hawk,
If you decide to go the China bike route be sure and read the how to's under the tech info link at the top of the page, especially the one regarding new bike prep.

If you click on the home link on the right side of the page you will find a link called "our database of links" after going through there myself last week I found that the dealers with the best prices where all within $50.00 of each other after shipping was accounted for. Some include it in the price some don't. So then it is a matter of who you trust and what model you like.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:05 PM   #5

hawk the sproket shouldn't even be a consideration when buying a bike. i bought my rear spoket from a local bike shop and paid $26 for a 42 tooth one and it's very simple to change.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:41 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
i just got my lifan gy200 for $1249 shipped. Its a pretty sweet deal. Should be good to go as far as gearing is concerned...

I got it from www.t-motorsports.com

so far i'm impressed, the guy andy called me about 3 hours after i placed the online order to verify the info i put into the order form, to verify the correct bike and color, and to tell me it was being shipped out the same day and gave me a tracking # and a # to the company that was shipping it.

I will post more about them as i find out how things go.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-07-2007, 12:03 AM   #7

Well thats good. I know a ton about cars and can fix just about anything on them but never worked on a bike so it will be a first. What tools should i have on had when i change it?

Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
dude, these bikes are so simple its not even funny.. there is very little wiring, everything is very mechanical and can be fiddled with to make it work right.

Sprockets are easy... it will be fairly self explanatory when you get the bike, but i wouldnt really worry about the sprocket change. Get the bike, see what you think and rock and roll.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #9

Thats awesome! Easy is good when your in college and low on cash.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #10

I bought a smaller sprocket to install on my Roketa, but haven't yet because as I am breaking it in, is keeps getting faster. I can now cruise at 65 mph with not too much trouble. I am 6 foot, 230 lbs athletic build.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #11

Roketarider im about the same build as you. 6 foot 240 lbs so its nice to get some info from someone about my size. I cant wait to get mine now.