Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #1

Deja Vu, New Upstate NY Member

Greetings, all!

I've been lurking here ever since I discovered the Hawk 250. As purchase time is rather close, I figure I should make an account here; mainly to say a great-big to everyone who has helped me at every step, without even knowing it. You guys n gals are the best!

I've been all over forums for most vehicles you can think of (owned around 10bikes/40 cars since '98) and I have to say this is the absolute least toxic forum out there. I'm looking forward to being a member of your community! Once more, THANK YOU ALL!

btw, nice to see so many fellow Upstate NY'ers, here!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #2

Welcome from frosty cold Binghamton!! I'm preparing for the 12" of snow they are forecasting for tonight! Just filled the firewood box and am about to go replenish my rock salt.

So you aren't thinking about an Enforcer? You might want to make sure you'll be able to register a Hawk in NY...Ii know a few have been successful in the past but according to one distributor they are cracking down this year in at least some states.

And you're right...I'm new here too but this does seem like a pretty friendly place...I know some boards are just full of hate & anger...I'm a mod at another forum and haven't even checked in in 6 months I'm so sick of the bullshit there!

Old 03-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny View Post
Welcome from frosty cold Binghamton!! I'm preparing for the 12" of snow they are forecasting for tonight! Just filled the firewood box and am about to go replenish my rock salt.

So you aren't thinking about an Enforcer? You might want to make sure you'll be able to register a Hawk in NY...Ii know a few have been successful in the past but according to one distributor they are cracking down this year in at least some states.

And you're right...I'm new here too but this does seem like a pretty friendly place...I know some boards are just full of hate & anger...I'm a mod at another forum and haven't even checked in in 6 months I'm so sick of the bullshit there!
Man... I'm only supposed to get 3" of snow tonight, 24" tomorrow, though. I JUST got my trails back from deep snow

I am definitely up for more info on the Enforcer. Is it truly an upgraded Hawk? I read about it for the first time last night, so I haven't had time to track down all the posts, yet. My main concern is parts. Seems like everyone's worked out all the parts supplies with the Hawk, which is a big part of what's helping me to take the plunge.

Yeah, I left one group after watching two mods join a flame war; finished my V8 RX-7 on my own. Life's too short for blind rage and the Golden Rule is sincerely golden. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Old 03-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

just so you know, we're only toxic with people from upstate NY.

glad to have you. we had a major spring snowstorm down here in NC. we got close to an inch which melted off by about noon.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #5

you wont have any issues with the registration as long as your MCO is correct, it needs to show the motor in cc's and not hp, make sure it is catagorized as a motorcycle and not a dirtbike or recreational vehicle, you may have to have the dealer fill out the state tax form (DTF-802) if the VIN number isnt listed on the bill of sale. and make sure someone signs the bill of sale, have the reg papers filled out and your insurance card and you should have no problem at DMV.

enjoy the snow tomorrow we are in for 12 to 18 here, maybe we can get the sleds back out for one more ride.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by old kid View Post
you wont have any issues with the registration as long as your MCO is correct, it needs to show the motor in cc's and not hp, make sure it is catagorized as a motorcycle and not a dirtbike or recreational vehicle, you may have to have the dealer fill out the state tax form (DTF-802) if the VIN number isnt listed on the bill of sale. and make sure someone signs the bill of sale, have the reg papers filled out and your insurance card and you should have no problem at DMV.

enjoy the snow tomorrow we are in for 12 to 18 here, maybe we can get the sleds back out for one more ride.
At least someone will get to enjoy it! Seriously though, enjoy it for me, too. Thanks for the tips on making Reggie happy. Especially the signed bill of sale; I wouldn't have thought to check for a signature. A bit new at this, as this is the first time I found buying a brand new vehicle to be economical

Sport Rider: ThAAAAAaaaaanks!

Manny: I just read the whole thread with Ski rush/Enforcer17 (heavy thanks to both of those pioneers!) and I think you're right. If there's confirmation of the Hawk aftermarket exhaust working on the Enforcer, it's going to be my next bike. At the least, saves me installing an alarm/carb/sprockets. I wouldn't care about the alarm, but the 15 year old girl downstairs is a larcenous junkie with like-minded friends.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:07 PM   #7

just a shot in the dark but i bet they didnt change the frame or mounting points. worst case you just gut the cat converter out of the oem pipe and you got the same thing and it cost you nothing but some time.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Old 03-13-2017, 07:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
just a shot in the dark but i bet they didnt change the frame or mounting points. worst case you just gut the cat converter out of the oem pipe and you got the same thing and it cost you nothing but some time.
Pretty damn good point. If my bank decides to open tomorrow (blizzard), I'll be depositing the cash and ordering. Pretty sure this will be the first time I've entered my card info online, other than setting up my PayPal account. Deep breaths... All will be well; nobody's accused apscusa of credit fraud. They're a reputable company... Deep breaths... Okay, I'm calm again.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your good posts.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-14-2017, 10:16 AM   #10

welcome from a fellow upstater.... i'm out in Palmyra... where about are you in the upstate region?

Old 03-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your good posts.
Thanks BlackBike! Bank's closed today, but I'll be starting an Enforcer purchase/assembly thread, soon as I get to place my order. Every branch of my bank is closed due to weather. There's only around a foot out there so far, so... lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
welcome from a fellow upstater.... i'm out in Palmyra... where about are you in the upstate region?
Thanks for the welcome, bogieboy! I'm quite a bit East of you: New Paltz. I set my YouTube channel as my homepage; check a couple videos out if you'd like to see the dirtier face of New Paltz btw, loving this weather? From radar, I'm guessing we're both at home, today

Old 03-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #12

i am actually at work in savannah NY.... when you are a road small engine/tractor tech, you are working no matter what...LOL

Old 03-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #13

I'm heading to the bank, then back to home to order my Enforcer from apscusa. Any last minute advice?

Once more, to everyone on this site, a great big for leading the way and making this possible for me!
EDIT: Pulled the trigger, starting new thread.

Last edited by KingPrimusIII; 03-15-2017 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Updating information

Old 03-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #14

Advise... hmmm put yourself in a medical induced coma until the day of delivery. It is the only way you will be able to make it for the 7-10 days it takes.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Advise... hmmm put yourself in a medical induced coma until the day of delivery. It is the only way you will be able to make it for the 7-10 days it takes.
SERIOUSLY!!!

Though, as long as it's here by my birthday I'll be a happy fellow.

EDIT: First night and I had two bad dreams about delivery/ordering complications. Off to a good start!

Last edited by KingPrimusIII; 03-16-2017 at 12:16 PM.