Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogieboy View Post
I agree... grab all the dates off cheesy's posts, compile them into a journal, call it Diary of a frustrated mechanical genious, and have amazon publish it...
Might also be helpful to hire a ghost writer to add car chases and gunfights, spice it up a bit.

Possible scenario: Junior finds out Harold is on the take from a competitor, and enlists Cheesy's help in exposing him. They confront Harold in a hallway, Harold draws a gun, Cheesy disarms him with some moves he learned from a Navy Seal, etc etc
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 12-09-2021, 08:52 AM   #752

There you go Cheesy, a great retirement plan. Book could sell millions, or is that hundred's lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #753

You guys!

I have some more material but it will have to wait until the weekend. Too hard to explain without pics.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #754

"Most anticipated premiere of the 2022" - The Sun
- "Best gunfight scene since The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" - The New York Magazine
- "Office Space meets Mad Max" - Rolling Stone
- "Did the same for Zongsheng as Terminator 2 for HD FatBoy"
- "You were afraid of the Fight Club scene where narrator tells how product recall works in big corporations? Wait till you meet Cheesy!"

Old 12-10-2021, 09:38 PM   #755

So that no one thinks my job is all puppies and unicorn farts, lookee what we found in a machine in Denver.

That is one hell of a rodent condo. This what the little turd and his family did to the wiring.

Here's the pisser, all the wire is solid blue with only numbers on the ends. Nothing in the middle and no tracers. I'm showing this to Jean Luc next week and will ask him why he hates mechanics.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 12-11-2021, 08:47 AM   #756

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
So that no one thinks my job is all puppies and unicorn farts, lookee what we found in a machine in Denver.

That is one hell of a rodent condo. This what the little turd and his family did to the wiring.

Here's the pisser, all the wire is solid blue with only numbers on the ends. Nothing in the middle and no tracers. I'm showing this to Jean Luc next week and will ask him why he hates mechanics.
The easy answer to why they are all blue... it cost less to keep less colors of wire in stock...

Old 12-11-2021, 09:16 AM   #757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad87 View Post
"Most anticipated premiere of the 2022" - The Sun
- "Best gunfight scene since The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" - The New York Magazine
- "Office Space meets Mad Max" - Rolling Stone
- "Did the same for Zongsheng as Terminator 2 for HD FatBoy"
- "You were afraid of the Fight Club scene where narrator tells how product recall works in big corporations? Wait till you meet Cheesy!"
OK, we need to discuss casting for the movie.

Some candidates to play Cheesy:
Aah-nold
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Hulk Hogan?
Or do we want someone with good fight skills? C. Norris would probably fill the bill well enough. Plus he's not a flaming egomaniac.
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.

Old 12-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #758

Quote:
Originally Posted by TominMO View Post
OK, we need to discuss casting for the movie.

Some candidates to play Cheesy:
Aah-nold
Jason Statham
Dolph Lundgren
Hulk Hogan?
Or do we want someone with good fight skills? C. Norris would probably fill the bill well enough. Plus he's not a flaming egomaniac.
Reminds me of “The Office” but taking place in an industrial complex where they make giant machines. Cheesy would probably be Jim Halpert.
2002 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Chevy Bolt

“Throttle twisting geek” -LFN

Old 12-11-2021, 12:20 PM   #759

That reminds me of one time I swapped a tail light on a MAN truck with CANBUS system... Nineteen white wires going into the light and the connector was mangled due to the driver backing into metal stairs. That took a wee while...
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad

Old 12-11-2021, 02:41 PM   #760

I vote for Jon Voight playing me as the character Lt. Milo Minderbinder in Catch-22.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-11-2021, 05:19 PM   #761

Ya right more like Homer Simpson lol

Old 12-12-2021, 09:06 AM   #762

I am voting for Stephen Root method acting ala Milton Waddams from Office Space...

Quote:
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk four times already this year, and I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Old 12-17-2021, 11:13 AM   #763

Whoo boy, still waiting for the dust to settle. CEO was cut yesterday. Today may be the last day for the QC/IT guy, and the CE days look to be numbered. Alex and her lackeys came in with a flamethrower and weren't afraid to use it.

I had a one on one with Alex in a hallway when she let her guard down. She told me she wished she'd had listened to Harold and I instead of Al when this cluster started. She trusted Al not to pull the wool over her eyes. She said she isn't sure what she's going to do with Al to because everyone loses when long time employees go. She asked me about the retirement reboot and I said I don't want to be full time anymore. 50 years is enough.

Also had a dinner meeting with Jean-Luc one night. He flat out asked me why 360 sales are down. I told him the number one reason is replacement parts. There can be a 30 to 120 day wait for delivery. He goes "What? There is a file available with all manufacturers part numbers so you can get parts locally, or at least not go through the cluster know as Geismar. I give to you." I have been asking about this for over 20 years. Next I let him know that the US sales guys do not want to sell the machines built in the US until the quality greatly improves.

This was also the first time I actually got to watch Jean-Luc work. I was demoing the messed up tie inserter for him and having all kinds of problems with it. All the engineers and brass were there, too. Jean-Luc threw up his hands, said 'Aw fuck!", and stormed off. A lot of loud meetings later that day.

Yesterday was a very busy day for Jean-Luc as he's heading back to France for Christmas, but he took the time to meet with me and the new guy to look at the two new 360 machines looking for a home. Matt and I went to town, pointing out hydraulic leaks, bad paint, cosmetic issues, etc. He threw up his hands, said AF again and started to walk away. This time I stopped him and asked if this was an After Sales problem to correct or a Production problem. He said, "Production. Why?" I said, "Good. Because I am tired, as is the rest of the After Sales staff, of having to fix this stuff when it's delivered like this?"

JL-"They ship like this?"

Moi-"Yes."

JL-"Who allows this?"

Lt. Minderminder-"I won't name names but look at who is deeply involved in sales at the top tiers."

JL-"@$#(&*$$$$$)&&@"

Then he stormed off.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 12-17-2021, 04:38 PM   #764

Awesome drama update, thanx!

Old 12-18-2021, 08:11 AM   #765

The new guy got to see how I handle CS queries while in Beaufort and remotely.

I wanted a cup of coffee and the new $3000.00 Keurig* is located in the CS/Acct cube farm. Got my coffee and we walked past the CS Supervisors' office. She called out and asked if I could help her with something. She rattled off a model number...

Me-Yeah, that's a motor car. Built in Canada. There should be hard copies on it in Service and Electronic copies on the shared drive.

Cat-I dunno, it's from 1999.

Me-Oh, that's probably the one at Alcoa.

Cat and new guy-Why do you know this?

Me-I'm old.

I showed them both how to navigate through the cluster known as the 'Shared Drive' to find just about any parts manual they'd ever need. If it's not on the 'Shared Drive', I probably have a copy.

Yesterday at the airport, I get a call from Harold that a customer is calling about a transmission part for an older 360 and there isn't a parts breakdown in the manual. I tell him there never was but that I have the transmission parts and service manuals on my laptop. Give me the customers' contact info; I'll call him and send him e-copies of the manuals.

New guy-How do you know all this stuff?

Me-(Shrugs shoulders)I just do.

Then I showed the kid everything I had on my laptop. He wanted to know how to get it all. Told me to get me some coffee and I'd show him.

He got me the coffee(It's good to be the king), I reached into my backpack and handed him my 1T portable hard drive. Told him to copy everything onto his laptop.

New guy-There's over 24,000 files on this!

Me-Yup. There's a few hundred files you won't need and there's nothing personal on there. But, there you are if you're gonna be the new me.

NG-Christ, there's a lot to learn.

Me-Uh-huh. You'll be fine.

*That $3000.00 Keurig. Seems some folks wouldn't refill the water reservoir or remove the used K-cup from the old unit. So, they paid for this monstrosity that is both hard wired and plumbed to the building. It also dumps the used K-cup into a bin. Who's going to empty the bin, I don't know. Myself, I would have removed the old Keurig and told everyone they were on their own for coffee and saved the three grand.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800