Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2023, 12:28 PM   #1

bigdano711's 2023 Hawk 250

A couple things I noticed...the battery is installed and appears to already have the acid in it. Brake and reservoir already attached to handlebars. It seems to be way more assembled then most videos I've seen. Question: if you look at the tight rear wheel shot, are those upgraded fender type washers on the swing arm where the axle bolt tightens down on? Also, I have yet to find any damage at all, cosmetic or otherwise. Anyway, here are some pics. The stand works great. I am stupid excited!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk01.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	29714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk02.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	29715   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk03.jpg
Views:	608
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	29716  

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-20-2023, 01:26 PM   #2

I would still charge that battery if you can. As for the rear wheel washer.thing... I'm not sure what you are asking. Those look like the standard adjuster "washers" they all come with.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-20-2023, 04:12 PM   #3

Thunder storm rolled in just after I attached the front wheel. Was able to get it outta the crap for now.

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Old 07-21-2023, 02:29 PM   #4

Went on first ride. Neighbor showed me how to get there, staying off the highway. Right across the street.

Found God. Again. Amen.

I will post video of this ride soon.

P.S. Bike is running GREAT.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:31 PM   #5

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Second Ride 01.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	29722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Ride 02.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	29723   Click image for larger version

Name:	Second Ride 03.jpg
Views:	512
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	29724  

Old 07-21-2023, 09:46 PM   #6

One of the things I like to do for the environment is when I find evidence of human beings (trash on the ground in beautiful places like this), I bring a plastic shopping bag in my backpack and pack it out. It never ceases to amaze me that people will toss their trash in these gorgeous areas.

I visited an old friend from high school once. He tossed his cigarette out the window (something I despise) and when I called him on it, he said, "The world is my ashtray." It took all I had not to punch him in the side of his head.

Old 07-21-2023, 11:02 PM   #7

The world is not be an ashtray but I must confess when in need there seems to be a urinal behind every tree!

Old 07-23-2023, 06:09 AM   #8

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3rd Ride01.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	29728   Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd Ride02.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	29729  

Old 07-23-2023, 01:30 PM   #9

Do you like the shine on that seat? WD40, baby! Love that stuff.

Old 07-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post
Do you like the shine on that seat? WD40, baby! Love that stuff.
My personal favorite thing to treat all plastic and rubber parts on my bikes.

How I keep a 13 year old Honda looking brand new.

https://www.amazon.com/303-Protectan...73156891&psc=1

Old 07-23-2023, 09:09 PM   #11

Armor All is good for rubber parts on a car, such as the CV boots and boots for steering or the ball joints. Squirt some on every 6 or 12 months to keep the boots from splitting. Maybe WD-40 would be good for that too.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Last edited by TominMO; 07-24-2023 at 08:56 AM.

Old 07-24-2023, 12:25 AM   #12

That little meadow is going to be my new hang out. I imagine it is a place I might bump into Jesus. I WILL fly an RC airplane in that meadow!!

Believe it or not, I ran into Santa Claus about 10 years ago at a Wal-Mart. I called out his name, "Santa!?" and he turned and looked at me. Went up to him and shook his hand and told him it was an honor to meet him. True story.

Old 07-24-2023, 06:55 AM   #13

beautiful scenery, awesome bike. you are going to enjoy it!

Old 07-24-2023, 09:30 AM   #14

I am hella outta riding shape...generally just old and fat. I can do something about the fat. Rode every day since I've owned it...farmer tan hard, arms are red. I will at least use a helmet, but right now I'm just breaking it in and so far the fastest I got it going was ~40mph, and only for a couple seconds. Cruising mostly in 5th at 30-35mph.

I am already enjoying it more than you know. You see, I don't like the world. Since the pandemic, I have been self-quarantined. I go out into the world about once a month when my wife and I make a trip to Colorado. I will occasionally go into town for grocery shopping and such, but mostly been house bound for a couple years now. The hermit life suits me.

I grew up in the SF Bay Area in California, surrounded by 7 million people. There's this dome of "psychological static" that covers the place and, living under it, it is inescapable. I can not describe how difficult it was to break free of it when I finally decided to leave that Godforsaken place. Of that 7 million, less than a handful even noticed I was gone...or cared.

If this country falls, it will be due to Godlessness. The battle before us is spiritual more than physical. Get right with God or get right with Satan. Atheism is burying your head in the sand and pretending you don't have to choose.

Old 07-24-2023, 09:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdano711 View Post

If this country falls, it will be due to Godlessness. The battle before us is spiritual more than physical. Get right with God or get right with Satan. Atheism is burying your head in the sand and pretending you don't have to choose.
I'm an atheist.

Don't confuse faith or religion with an individuals morals. I've grown up in and been surrounded hy the Christian faith my entire life. Those good Christian family members treated me differently and excluded me from family things and even inheritance, simply because I didn't believe as they did. Some of the worst people I have ever known in my life were people of God.

Some of the best people I know are people of God too.

No, it's not faith or God that make a good person. That person chooses to be good or bad.