Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2021, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
I've been riding here and there.. The only recent mod was that I swapped out the PZ30 for a new VM26 and installed an extended A/F screw.. I would have stuck with the PZ30 except that while riding one day all of a sudden she wanted to stall anytime I let off the throttle.. Turned out that the a/f screw fell out lol. Guess I had backed it out too far or perhaps forgot to install the spring when I modded that PZ30..
Anyway, she's running great with the new carb and I have the 20 pilot that it came with, needle at 2nd position from bottom (1 step down from middle) and replaced the main with a 120.. I've got close to 400 miles now and soon to change oil again at 500 and be done with break-in.. Then I'll see how high I can wind her out and what speed I can comfortably cruise at on the 55mph roads.
Glad to hear your carb issues are solved and thanks for the jetting info. IMO if you're turning the a/f screw farther than 3 full turns you need a larger pilot jet. Another tip is to remove the a/f spring under the screw and stretch the spring a little to provide more tension on the screw as you properly adjust to find idle and response setting. And you won't lose the a/f screw when tuning.