Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
We have a SSR dealer but his business strategy is so wrong that I would never buy anything from him.
Hertz, that's exactly what scares me about the SSR "dealer" setup. Where CSC is readily available and accessible to the point of almost being in yer face and are constantly promoting....SSR seems kind of illusive.

Here's my local guy. Doesn't instill a ton of confidence. I need to go by there and do a recon next time I'm in that area.

http://www.sacramentoatv.com/home-.html

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-31-2017, 02:50 PM   #17

$1200 verses $3000 the hawk is still more fun than you can shake a stick at!

Old 01-31-2017, 03:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
for $3000 you could pick up a triple pack of Hawks lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 01-31-2017, 03:40 PM   #19

Quote:
We used to have a dealer up here but he closed shop in 2009 after the gas prices went down. We have a SSR dealer but his business strategy is so wrong that I would never buy anything from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
....and yes, culcune, Q is nothing less than a top quality bike. Look at the welds on the aluminum swingarm. Top quality stuff. Q's not given me a lick of trouble since it was new in 2009. It needed no modding, though of course, I can't leave well enough alone but it's wasn't much! You can get 5 extra HP out of these 200's (dyno proven) just by jetting and a muffler.
You have a TGB dealer called Mild to Wild Motorsports--the only TGB scooter dealership in the northern states between Minneapolis and Seattle. They actually have sold a handful of the bikes, too! I think they primarily deal in boats. Sorry off topic, but thought I would throw in a bit of trivia...

I wonder if Tommy could give us information about whether he has, or his riding buddies have, the fat tires for their XF250's (I am guessing as it sounds like his group rides trails) and where they get them from? As far as quality goes--I wonder if the Qlink bikes are of higher quality than the SSR bikes (I doubt it, but I do wonder)?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-31-2017, 04:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
You have a TGB dealer called Mild to Wild Motorsports--the only TGB scooter dealership in the northern states between Minneapolis and Seattle. They actually have sold a handful of the bikes, too! I think they primarily deal in boats. Sorry off topic, but thought I would throw in a bit of trivia...

I wonder if Tommy could give us information about whether he has, or his riding buddies have, the fat tires for their XF250's (I am guessing as it sounds like his group rides trails) and where they get them from? As far as quality goes--I wonder if the Qlink bikes are of higher quality than the SSR bikes (I doubt it, but I do wonder)?
They're basically the same bike with the TU250 motor and fat tires. I don't see a ton of difference.

I know the Hawk is about the best two wheeled deal on the planet. You can't beat it for the money....if you can get it registered or buy it (unlike CA).

That said, the 2016 TT250 is 2195 + 150 crating + 195 assy and 35 doc. = 2575

The new SSRXF250 is 2799 and free shipping.

http://www.powersportsdistro.com/SSR...-dirt-bike.htm

That's not a heck of a lot of difference in the end run.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-31-2017, 09:15 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
You get what you pay for and if you like to shake a stick and have fun with the hawk great!, but the SSR is a better bike hands down, just look at the specs. And also my KTM is better then the Hawk or the SSR, they are not even in the same ballpark as dirt bikes. It's all about having fun riding.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
for $3000 you could pick up a triple pack of Hawks lol
I could get a triple pack of 2017 Ford Fiesta's for what I drive now, so what is your point? You buy cheap bikes you get cheap bikes and thats fine , it's all about having fun riding. And now I want to have fun riding a new SSR XF250 and it is hands down a better bike then the Hawk.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:48 PM   #23

At least when I go off topic it's for fun and done in a friendly manner.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:59 PM   #24

Quote:

culcune, yes most have the fat tires and we ride the dirt road and trails in Michigan. MI is sand and sand dunes, some of the dunes are so tall you need paddle tires! and you can't get to the top of thes dune with fat tires or basic motocross tires some times. Now not all of MI is sand so we change tires and rims depending on what part of MI we head off to for the weekend. The bikes this spring we have on order are from Shandong Pioneer Motorcycle Co., They are near what SSR XF250 bike is but with a few mods. http://xfmotor.en.alibaba.com/search...SearchText=epa

Old 01-31-2017, 10:10 PM   #25

Quote:
At least when I go off topic it's for fun and done in a friendly manner.
You are correct, that's why I try and not post very much, just ask culcune, I can be an ASS Just so hard not posting sometimes when I see what some people post

Old 01-31-2017, 10:22 PM   #26

Tommy, we were discussing the fat tires on the XF250--are they only available through SSR or are they available easily elsewhere?

Your terrain, sand, sounds a lot like Yuma--that is the reason I chose and preferred street tires for both of my TMEC 200 enduro bikes rather than the knobbies. I still wouldn't be able to ride most any of the terrain around here, and most of my riding was commuting 33 miles a day, so I simply didn't even want to try riding in the sand.

Pioneer is the OEM for SSR's XF250, and they are affiliated with Qingqi. There was a company called Dafier out of Virginia who, until recently, were listed on the EPA certification for the Pioneer/Qingqi enduros year after year. I think the last time was 2015. They were a really weird importer. They were only opened for like 3 or 4 hours a day, and the two times I called, they answered "hello" (but not in a friendly way). Both times I had to ask them if they were Dafier, and both times they hesitantly said yes, and, while not directly, they implied that the next thing they were going to say was 'what the h%^& do you want?!' Both times they stated that they only dealt wholesale as they were trying to get me off the phone, but I persisted and asked who their dealers were. The guy couldn't answer! I am guessing it took several years of few to ZERO sales until Pioneer/Qingqi realized that Dafier was worthless.

Which brings me to my next question--Pioneer is willing to sell you bikes directly from China? I am sure they are certified (probably under SSR's certification somewhere, somehow), but I am surprised they are willing to sell around their main US distributor. Okay, maybe not. Qlink and SSR were both selling these bikes for a couple years overlapping each other, so maybe they 'play' off each other--Qingqi AND Shandong Pioneer are probably considered two separate companies, so they wouldn't technically be underminding SSR. Maybe it is more complicated than that, but still interested to hear how it plays out for you guys!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 01-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #27

It seems there are some reputable big brand dealers selling and servicing SSR in CA and NV, which may be a good sign for those worried about dealer support. Our local Suzuki/KTM dealer was also an SSR dealer until they closed, so even KTM and Suzuki riders have to drive an hour to the nearest dealer now.

When dealers don't work out though, there's always Taobao. Right now I have on the way a new seat, 2 sets of spare fork seals, 2 sets brake pads, 1 front rotor, 2 sets of plastics, 6 oil filters, and a tool kit for $120 with shipping. With my Haynes manual and cheap Taobao parts life is good!

Old 01-31-2017, 11:24 PM   #28

We also used to have KTM dealer in Bismarck called CycleHutt. They noticed that KTM didn't have a .com so they took the domain name to sell KTM parts. They got so big that they bought a RV lot in in Mandan and let riders use the huge parking lot to do stunts after hours with supervision. I remember the time that they brought in dirt for a free style MX team.

Anyway KTM wanted the domain name and it went to court. Cycle Hutt went on to become GunHutt and later out of business.

When I go off topic, I do it right. The SSR dealer that will also go out of business in Bismarck is only about 1 mile from my house. No bikes outside during the day. It's just another shop with no windows and white unmarked vans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSR east side..jpg (84.6 KB, 186 views)

Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 PM   #29

Our local Honda/Yamaha/Polaris dealer here in Yuma recently became a SSR dealer, too. I finally got a brief sit on the XF250 a few weeks ago, and for the 20 seconds I sat on the bike (the dealer was closing in 3 minutes) it felt great! I meant to go back in to see if I can fandangle one, but waited too long and, alas! it was sold...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-01-2017, 12:05 AM   #30

Quote:
Our local Honda/Yamaha/Polaris dealer here in Yuma recently became a SSR dealer, too. I finally got a brief sit on the XF250 a few weeks ago, and for the 20 seconds I sat on the bike (the dealer was closing in 3 minutes) it felt great! I meant to go back in to see if I can fandangle one, but waited too long and, alas! it was sold...
For someone that uses a China bike going to work everyday such as yourself, I would think you would upgrade from your old bikes. Pull the trigger!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~