Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2017, 11:43 PM   #1

Zongshen transmission gearing

On the Zongshen and similar 250cc engines can anyone tell me the gear ratios of the 5 speed gear box? Googles giving me nothing.

Stock sprocket and rear gear for these bikes is 15/37 which is pretty high geared for an off road bike unless the internal trans gears are really low to begin with compared to other bikes.

Reason for asking is I'm comparing similar bikes for a sprocket and rear gear change. Example the crf230f comes stock with 13/50 gearing but the transmission is obviously geared differently, well it's also a 6 speed.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:20 AM   #2

Why not comapre those JDM 5-speed 223: [KFB] https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/mic...0-KFB-750.html / [KPM] https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/mic...0-KPM-000.html & generic chonda: search keyword 主副轴总成 in https://cqgty.taobao.com/ & get the answer by urself...

Old 02-19-2017, 12:04 PM   #3

I had a member on another forum graciously help out with the info. For anyone else wondering, as expected, the Zongshen gear sets are completely different from any of the Honda's and not interchangeable.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjac View Post
I had a member on another forum graciously help out with the info. For anyone else wondering, as expected, the Zongshen gear sets are completely different from any of the Honda's and not interchangeable.
Any chance you could share the information??

I've been wondering myself and looked all over to no avail.

1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 09-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #5

I've put a Honda XL185 or similar transmission into a ZS163 before. Shifting was terrible, but it did work and I think that with a little bit of fine tuning it could be made to work a lot better.

I only did it because my engine had the stupid circular shift pattern and I was trying to convert it to something more intuitive. Eventually I just switched to a different engine (same shift pattern) and installed a ger position indicator. Better than nothing and easier than sorting out the Honda-gearset-in-a-Zongshen-case issues.

Old 10-03-2018, 11:48 PM   #6

Junglebiker, did you use the drum, forks and everything from the Honda?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer