Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2016, 10:34 PM   #16

Got my hawk from Q9 they do not honor the warranty. Four weeks waiting on parts they will not Email or call you to let you know what's going on. Once they have your money your on your own. The web site says they have parts but not for the hawk 250. The hawk is a good bike it's the dealers that are a pain in the rear. Maybe they will do the right thing will post update.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn66 View Post
Once they have your money your on your own.
I agree. There was excellent communication until I actually bought the bike.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:10 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
My next will probably come from APSCUSA, seems like people have had nothing but good to say about them.
I just bought my kid a go kart from APSCUSA and they were great. Not sure why anyone would deal with any of these other clowns. The owner puts his cellphone number on the website.... who else does that?

UPS damaged the Go Kart I told Don the owner that I was putting a claim in with UPS ( UPS acknowledged that they damaged the Kart and documented it) Don knew I was trying to get it settled before my son's birthday so he sent me replacement parts for free.

Old 10-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
I just bought my kid a go kart from APSCUSA and they were great. Not sure why anyone would deal with any of these other clowns. The owner puts his cellphone number on the website.... who else does that?

UPS damaged the Go Kart I told Don the owner that I was putting a claim in with UPS ( UPS acknowledged that they damaged the Kart and documented it) Don knew I was trying to get it settled before my son's birthday so he sent me replacement parts for free.
TOUCHDOWN!

now this is the way it ought to be
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Got my hawk from Q9 they do not honor the warranty. Four weeks waiting on parts they will not Email or call you to let you know what's going on.
What parts are you needed? Did they ever arrive? Send me PM with your name/VIN.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
What parts are you needed? Did they ever arrive? Send me PM with your name/VIN.
You have my name, vin number and know the parts I need. So no more Email games if I get the parts I will post it here and if not I will post it here. Its less of a pain just to buy the parts from someone else because by the time you send the parts the warranty will have run out. But thanks for the not so PM.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #22

I'm not trying to be a jerk and I very respectfully say that Adam had no affiliation with any dealer, Adam is just the importer/distributor. He does everything he can to lean on the dealers or will sometime make it right at his own expense.

Adam has been a very stand up guy in an industry filled with unscrupulous characters. The margins on these machines is very small so I understand why some dealers are just about volume and the heck with customer service. I think over time the truly good dealers..... Like APSCusa will keep gaining market share.

If we keep getting the word out on the good players and bad players we can expect a healthy market where the price will always be about the same but the customer service will be the deciding factor.

If we all just say this bike sucks and all the dealers suck, soon no bikes will be sold and yet another line of china bikes will fall into obscurity.

Adam can solve this problem, just give him the opportunity.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:29 PM   #23

I'm sorry Adam and thank you for your concern it's Q9 power sports I'm addressing.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:52 PM   #24

Your on your own with Q9 power sports

Week 5 starts and still no parts from Q9 power sports. Keep up the good work guys. Thank you for nothing. The Hawk is a nice bike. I just don't like people who do not do what they say. So buy a Hawk but check out the dealer first. Q9

Old 10-21-2016, 03:50 PM   #25

Quote:
You have my name, vin number and know the parts I need.
I honestly have no idea what parts you need... or your name or VIN number... but if I did I could definitely get them on their way.

Old 10-22-2016, 12:18 AM   #26

I talked to Shawn. The ignition coil was sent out, so he should be receiving it soon. At least part of this problem (and, to be fair, probably all of it) was NOT Q9's fault. The problem was on our end. RPS moved to a new warehouse, which was a very time consuming and difficult process. Consequently, there was a huge parts backlog for every dealer, which is now more or less cleared up. Dealers really should keep some parts in stock for themselves, it would reduce shipping costs and be quicker, but almost none of them do.

The following is just general info for everyone:

If you ever feel a dealer isn't responding, please feel free to email rickypowersports -at- gmail.com. Tell other users to use that email. You still need to contact your dealer if you are claiming a warranty, because the warranty is between you and them... but contact us if they aren't responding or you think they are wrong. We get a LOT of emails, from dealers, retail customers, and all the typical internet spam (business emails get a LOT of junk, like people who want to loan us $250,000 to open a burger barn in Uganda). Since we actually do buy stuff overseas, we get a LOT of emails from people who want to sell us boatloads of garbage. We don't always have time to respond and your email gets lost. Feel free to email repeatedly until u get a response, once a day isn't inappropriate (some people send fifty a day, which is ridiculous and makes it hard to keep track of legitimate emails). We do see them and will get back to you. I know a lot of businesses don't check their emails, but we are definitely reading all of them.

Putting "parts" and the name of your dealer into the subject heading helps us filter through the emails, identify them, and find them later. Try to be very clear about what you need. We get a lot of emails like "need sporcket and plate" and we don't even know what unit it is for. Pictures help a lot, but don't send us giant 3.5 megabyte high resolution photos that don't even show anything. If you want something shipped, including your shipping information so we don't have to go back and forth asking.

We also get a ridiculous number of spam phone calls, and don't always listen to the voicemail. The phone basically rings non-stop all day and night, and most of it has nothing to do with the business. So use the email or send me a PM here (email is better as I don't check this every day, but this is a good backup if you aren't getting a response by email).

Old 10-22-2016, 01:33 AM   #27

A business phone is almost just a liability now and is just a device for spamers and engraved pencil pen sales etc etc.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-22-2016, 11:04 PM   #28

parts

The RPS Hawk is a very nice bike. But I think sales of this bike would double if there was a dedicated website for parts and info. Searching for parts is not my idea of fun.

Old 10-22-2016, 11:19 PM   #29

Quote:
The RPS Hawk is a very nice bike. But I think sales of this bike would double if there was a dedicated website for parts and info. Searching for parts is not my idea of fun.
I agree completely. The Hawk is a great bike. I would buy another, just not from Q9.

Old 10-27-2016, 11:47 AM   #30

Week 6 and Q9 sent me my parts thank you. Adam I am still waiting for the information about the clutch I requested part number, price, and where to get one thanks.