Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2016, 11:46 PM   #1

New Member from Utah

Hey Guys!
I have browsed this board for a few months and I think I am going to get a Hawk 250.

The guy that I am wanting to buy it from said the chain broke but everything else is good on the bike.

He said this:
To run: it needs a new chain

To be fully restored: it needs new rear light cover plate, new rear brake light fastners (still work just ugly) new pegs (still work just slightly bent), clutch works great but the clutch lever is bent but still easily workable, new clutch lever costs $20 takes about 30 mins if that of work. very common problem, i recommend when replacing them to by the foldable levers.

I have made the following mods/ upgrades::
modded air intake box, modded baffle (no exhaust mods besides baffle) upgraded factory sprockets, upgraded spark plug, drained and replaced factory oil, upgraded sprockets and chain (chain currently broke could be fixed with a new link if it's worth it to you it is a gold plated $90 chain)

it comes street legal and i do have the title. it runs great, has an electric and kick start turns over with zero problems. High and low beams, just passed safety inspection 3 months ago, horn works and brand new everything besides chain which did break. it only has 68 miles or a few hours of riding on it. '

does have a few scrapes and dings from riding like any used trail bike..

So I'm gonna go look at it next week. He said he'd sell it for $650 without the chain fixed which seems like a pretty good price.

Last edited by UStateLefty; 10-21-2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Forgot some thing at the end

Old 10-23-2016, 12:36 PM   #2

Welcome! I hope you get it for even less.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-24-2016, 02:02 AM   #3

Thanks!

Yeah I went down and looked it over. The bike started right up and looking at it he had been pretty hard on it just for the few miles. I offered him $600 and so I got it.

So it looks like I need to replace the rear tail light and tail cover and rear signals. I saw that I can get them from the RPS website.

Does anybody do a set up with a spare set of rims that they use for dirt and the other for road?

When I got the bike home there was some oil that had dripped down from the case by the shifter. Is that a common thing?

Pretty excited to get working on this bike!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #4

We need pics!

The shifter seal or the countershaft seal might be the culprit; it's relatively common. The seals are generic, so you can get replacements at a local bearing shop if you can read the numbers on the seal.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #5

Pics ! he don't need no stinking pics.

Have a ball!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~