Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #1

Hey I'm New

How's everyone doing?

I'm new to this forum, bikes, and just about everything to do with all of this. I am located in NE Ohio. I don't have a bike yet and was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction. I am tired of the gas guzzling trips to and from work spending a whopping $50 a week. Who knows what gas prices might jump to mid summer. I am hoping to purchase a China Ride very soon. The only problem is that there are so many things that could go wrong. The type of bike I am looking for is an enduro street legal bike that can go at least 65 mph stable. I am also hoping not to spend more than let's say $1500 and definitely not over $2000 for the bike. I have done some research the past week via this website, ebay, various China bike sites, and online drop shippers. I recently contacted the Wildfire facility in Steubenville, Ohio then to only find that many on this forum have had difficulties with the bikes and Wildfire. My opinion has also been swayed to stay away from Lifan at the moment just as a precaution because of various problems with the bikes and the drop shippers. (If I am wrong about these bikes or companies let me know) I guess the main problem is that as I keep researching new bikes new ones come out of the wood works and prevents me from deciding on what I really want. Not to mention that they might in fact even be the same bike just different name same engine. That is why I was hoping you all could help since many of you are skilled and know a lot about these types of bikes. If it is important my body weight is 160lbs and I am 6ft. I will be riding some state routes and interstates. I would prefer local dealers, but do not mind buying online. I was also hoping someone could detail the Ohio Motorcycle laws or requirements that I would need to get the bike registered and a license. Thank you in advance for your help!

Forgive me...I am a Newbie

Old 05-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #2

SGTJumpan - First of all WELCOME to the forum - Here you will find TONS of knowledgable riders here, and second I'm from NW PA - Jamestown, PA So if you want to see what a Qlink looks like your more then welcome to pop over here and take a look. There is a dealer in Pittsburgh HPS Powersports that can get you a qlink XF or XP - This is a Proven reliable CB. There are others as well but I don't know enough about exactly which ones to give you specifics. The Qlink XF is what I own and fortunately 4 me I got a good deal $1395 shipped to my business. http://www.jamestowncomputer.com I have put a few MODS on it, to get alittle more out of it, and am extremely pleased. It's getting harder and harder to locate these bikes and to get them at this price. Generally your looking at I think around $1500 - $1800 range now. Anyway Welcome and feel free to stop by my store Jamestown Computer Inc if you want to see a Qlink XF in person.

Andrew
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #3

Welcome!

From what I've read here, a bike like Andrew's is the best deal in China bikes. They're reliable performers, and they accept several Suzuki parts.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #4

I am currently pursuing these bikes and have contacted HPS Powersports via email there also seems to be another location closer, Leonard Truck & Trailer, Inc., that may also have these bikes. I used this link to find dealers: http://www.qlinkmotor.com/index.php Thanks Andrew for pointing me in the right direction. they seem like reliable bikes and better built than most. Do you know if these types of bikes would support another rider for short trips? That wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it would be nice for the ladies

Happy Memorial Day Everyone. Thanks to those that served and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:19 AM   #5

HPS Powersports replied to my email almost instantly with the following message:

The XF and XP 200's were discontinued last year to be replaced with 250's. They had a close-out and many dealers bought them and sold them "on sale" ( We had two, but both are sold) I'm hearing that they are bringing back both models in addition to their replacements. There has been no official announcement to date.

Hopefully they come out soon or I may have to settle for a used or different bike.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJumpman
...The type of bike I am looking for is an enduro street legal bike that can go at least 65 mph stable...I will be riding some state routes and interstates...
Quote:
I am currently pursuing these bikes and have contacted HPS Powersports via email there also seems to be another location closer, Leonard Truck & Trailer, Inc., that may also have these bikes. I used this link to find dealers: http://www.qlinkmotor.com/index.php Thanks Andrew for pointing me in the right direction. they seem like reliable bikes and better built than most. Do you know if these types of bikes would support another rider for short trips? That wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it would be nice for the ladies ...
Welcome to these forums; we are glad you joined us! The QLinks are great little motorcycles, however, I don't recommend you ride any 200cc motorcycle on the Interstate highways. 8O The small, air cooled engines in these bikes don't have enough power to keep up with traffic, let alone the reserve power necessary to escape from danger. If you must travel on limited access highways, I suggest you look for a good deal on a used, Ninja 250R motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #7

I totally agree with SPUD - DO NOT RIDE These little 200cc bikes on major hwys or interstate Hwy's. - If most of your riding will be done on these kind of roads Ninja 250 would be a better suited bike.
2009 Qlink XF200 Supermoto
1982 Honda CM200 Bobber - SOLD
2003 JEEP Liberty SPORT = 3" Lift
2002 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ - Family Cruiser

Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #8

Quote:
HPS Powersports replied to my email almost instantly with the following message:

The XF and XP 200's were discontinued last year to be replaced with 250's. They had a close-out and many dealers bought them and sold them "on sale" ( We had two, but both are sold) I'm hearing that they are bringing back both models in addition to their replacements. There has been no official announcement to date.

Hopefully they come out soon or I may have to settle for a used or different bike.
I own one of the bikes from HPS, and now my brother owns the other... Sorry! They are good bikes, lots of fun. I've never had and never intend to carry a passenger on the XF, but my brother has taken his GF for rides.

I know Spud and others will preach not to ride on highways, and I try to avoid it, but to be honest the bike will do 70 mph. I will do short (1 to 2 mile) stretches on the highway when needed, and I don't have any problems keeping up with traffic, as the speed limit is 55 mph anyway. I wouldn't take it on the turnpike, but it can handle short runs on the highway.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmcd
...I know Spud and others will preach not to ride on highways, and I try to avoid it, but to be honest the bike will do 70 mph. I will do short (1 to 2 mile) stretches on the highway when needed, and I don't have any problems keeping up with traffic, as the speed limit is 55 mph anyway. I wouldn't take it on the turnpike, but it can handle short runs on the highway.
The 200cc bikes are safe on roads with a 55 mph speed limit. However, most limited access highways have higher speed limits, and most drivers on limited access highways exceed the speed limit by 10 mph, or more. 8O Also, one must consider that Ohio, like Pennsylvania, is a densely populated state, with a high traffic volume of aggressive drivers.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-01-2011, 04:30 AM   #10

I thought it over while at work, and still don't know what I'm going to do. Thanks for the suggestions thus far they have been helpful. Unfortunately I'm going to stay away from the Ninja style bike (crotch rocket).

I might not actually drive the bike on freeways or interstates because I don't think I would be ready for it. At least not when a lot of people are on the road. I work second shift so I could possibly take the scenic way to work and take the highway back home (usually around 3am). The thing is I also wouldn't mind being able to go down a few trails as well (not jumping or racing). IDK...

Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #11

Been looking around now a lot reading more and more threads, finding links and exploring, and have found various bikes that could suit my fancy/need. Here are some of the bikes:

http://www.motobuys.com/df-250-r-ssp.html

still not sure about Wildfire, but here it is:

http://www.wildfiremotors.com/index....mart&Itemid=75

I'm having a really hard time finding QLINK's at all as well as Lifan's. Wildfire did say they might have some dual sport enduros left and will be sending me pics soon.

I've seen a lot of comments about the Yingangs, but have yet to see where I can buy the bikes. I found this one though:

http://www.saferwholesale.com/200cc-...29&Click=35179

Wouldn't mind finding the YinGang 250-NF

If anyone else could provide some links and input that would be appreciated. I have now considered maybe buying the ninja style bike Thanks Spud

Old 06-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #12

Here you go.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...wtopic&t=12228