Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2024, 07:12 PM   #1

biggest difference between LIFAN KPR 200 and Hawk

Have been reading a lot of stuff here to get back in the MC game.. Raced MX when in high school in the late 70's and on into the 80 so all these Chonda's are like a throwback in time for me. Yamaha YZ 175 works bike.. honda 250's etc.

Did ride a street bike for several years after when young and married but that was a no go with kids on the way.

Now a few years on and my desire to have a good enduro bike is raising its head up.. (mid life crisis?? )

We travel full time in RV as having something we can put on truck front in hitch is very much top of mind. My wife does not ride and would on be passenger a handful of times. We rented ATV and did sand dunes in Florence OR which she enjoyed but that is way to much for us to try do as the for getting a whole new rig to put the in.. etc etc etc.

As I saying in the title, looking at the Hawk, Templer and LIFAN KPR 200 for the most part. just wondering the big difference are and which might be best to look at.. I am 6' and around 210 lbs still ride a e-bikes on trails, roads etc. so my 2 wheel skills are there a bit. able to work them as well especially the carb version.. (no EFI back in "tha day") chains, sprocket, jetting all the time when we changed tracks.

Old 02-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #2

The biggest difference is the KPR 200 is a street bike and the Hawk is a dual sport. If you looking for a dual sport, you might want to consider the Lifan KPX 250. It's a true 250cc bike with a 6 speed transmission and EFI. It puts out 20hp vs 15 HP the hawk has. The KPX is ready to ride without having to do a bunch of mods and tuning. I own both. The hawk is a good bike once you get it sorted out. The KPX is definitely a better quality and very stable at higher speeds. Venom Motorsports has a good deal on the KPX and is probably one of the best dealers out there.https://www.venommotorsportsusa.com/...d-street-legal

Here's a comparison video of the two bikes.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-10-2024, 04:40 PM   #3

Yes,, thanks for that info.. I got a chance to watch your ride vid on the Lifan can see how it or how much you like it.. the 1000 dollars difference is a bit hard to take for me but see the warranty is 2 yrs, it has better tires, and maybe overall better quality than a hawk or templer my second choice bike.

I have tried to find a good used one but they seem to so well loved they are hard to part with thus far.

Maybe its a good thing I don't need to buy one till sept, oct when back on east coast for winter.. might be easier and faster to get one here in AZ.. will keep up and seeing the cool mods you guys are doing.

One question on the OHC vs pushrod. what the chain life on them.. some of the russian guys say the chain will stretch around 7 to 10K miles.. is there a remedy for that as in adjustments etc. how about if needed replacement of chain.. all my past bike were 2 stroke so cams etc are not in my purview.

Old 02-16-2024, 11:40 PM   #4

I sent message to Venom to get info on the warranty.. they responded with nice list of what was and was not was covered on the 2 yr warranty.

The usual stuff like brakes, clutch plates, spark plugs, drive chain etc.. one that that struck me as odd was cables are not covered. We all know most china cables are crap.. the warranty is for 24 months or 12,000 mile.

after getting this I got another email offering me $100 off or helmet and HD phone holder.

man i wish i could get me one but not able at this min .

Old 02-19-2024, 12:46 AM   #5

Was reading the LIFAN EFI system manual and it was saying something about not running out of gas.

this got me to wondering does this model have a reserve setting on fuel tank ?? it sounds like it does not have one. just a fuel pump and no on off knob.

kinda make you want a carb version with reserve knob for the KXP vs the EFI.

Old 02-19-2024, 08:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlN View Post
Was reading the LIFAN EFI system manual and it was saying something about not running out of gas.

this got me to wondering does this model have a reserve setting on fuel tank ?? it sounds like it does not have one. just a fuel pump and no on off knob.

kinda make you want a carb version with reserve knob for the KXP vs the EFI.
No reserve and no shut off valve.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-19-2024, 05:37 PM   #7

is the gas tank gauge,, i am guessing it has a gauge, is it accurate? how many gallon you have and about how far is the question.. I am sure "it depends" but for more on road, easy trails how many miles average for most people.. I see 50-80 on different videos, posts etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
No reserve and no shut off valve.

Old 02-19-2024, 05:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlN View Post
is the gas tank gauge,, i am guessing it has a gauge, is it accurate? how many gallon you have and about how far is the question.. I am sure "it depends" but for more on road, easy trails how many miles average for most people.. I see 50-80 on different videos, posts etc..
It has a 3 gallon tank. I don't check the fuel mileage regularly. I have a habit of filling up the tank after a long trip. The few times I did check, I got anywhere from 75-83 mpg.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel