Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #31

Yamoto 150 test run

Ok getting close to 50.....sun is out nice and warm....going to take the Yamoto out for its first real test.....at least a 10 mile trip through the mountainsides and hollers of WV....Pics will come later.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #32

Mrs Bubbaz getting ready

Road turns into creek.

Yamoto ready to take on the drop off

The yamoto was ready but Mrs Bubbaz wasnt...lol

A stop on one of the ridgetops...one can see for miles..

Thats me...and the 250x..

The Little Kanawha River at Sanoma....the turn around point 14 miles away....So what a great day to ride almost 30 miles on atvs....and the Yamoto motored right along...no problems.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #33

I love the pictures. You are a lucky man. Great wife, great place to ride, great weather. God is good.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #34

Thanks for the pics! Did reverse work properly for you?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #35

reverse

Well now Weld......it worked as expected........my hands and her on the throttle....We really didnt need reverse....but at one dead end....I did help her turn around......But we did have a great time...I just put new tires on the 250 x....and they worked well...I hated the miles that i put on them on the blacktop....but didnt seem to bother them. that was her first solo run....so we stayed mostly on the county roads.....and I also kept the Yamoto out of any deep water....just afraid of getting water into the stator....through the fan...We use to have a polaris predater 90 that had a snorkle that led from the fan up toward the tank.... we might need one of these before summer..

Old 03-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #36

Still going

Update on the Yamoto.......its motoring along very well...My son rode it all weekend....no odd sounds...no break downs.....thats a good thing...I also bought a new mig welder.....so im ready for something to break,,,lol,,,I need practice......

Old 03-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #37

We're gonna need pics of the MIG!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #38

Eastwood 135 Welder

Old 03-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #39

For $299.....this is a machine on paper comes close to the quality of the alot higher priced lincoln welders...check it out on Eastwood.com.Havent tried it yet.....Baseball season has started... I was off today and did buy some steel to make a trailer hitch for the 250x....should be fun Ill post some pics when done.......hopefully by August...lol...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #40

I've been hoping to try one of those. My buddy just won a welder like that through his Land Cruiser club, and he wants me to help him dial it in. If yours is the MIG I'm thinking of, it has infinite voltage control, vs 4, 5 or 6 selections. Good choice.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #41

Yes Weld your right....I was really wanting to try it today...but I drove an hour away this morning for Baseball hats and blades for my John Deere....Got the John Deere ready to Mow the fields so we can play on Monday....but with the rain and rain tomorrow I doubt we play Ball on Monday.....so...Ill try to do some flex core welding tom....I gotta play some after doing all of this work....lol.....But at least the mower is ready for summer..

Old 03-18-2012, 12:13 AM   #42

I've never tried flux core, but I've read that it's smoky and has lots of spatter. Best to have a can of anti-spatter close at hand, and be sure to spray some into the nozzle. Please let us know how it works.

We're gonna need pics of the John Deere.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #43

John Deere GT 235

Old 03-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #44

Re: John Deere GT 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbaz

This was after My daughter and I replaced the engine...She was alot of help..... Had to replace the engine due to a leaky oil cooler line that pumped out most of the oil when my mother was using it....Moms quote from the phone call I received at school.....Ahh Jim this mower started to smoke then started to shoot oil out the right side of the motor then sounded funny..so I tried to get it back up to the house but it finally quit....My reply.....Ahh nice Ill get it when i get home....I guess this was payback when I was a kid and always breaking there stuff....LOL

Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #45

Flux is all I have. I only weld outside so the smoke is not much of an issue. It does splatter alot though.

Someday when I get a real shop I will set up the gas.