Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2016, 02:35 PM   #1

The nameless badge will still be an issue. In our society, and I suspect in most cultures, the brand determines who you are (identify). We have to be able to know who and what you are. (And what you ride). In riding circles, I can predict the question, "What is THAT" (as though speaking of some area 51 creation), because of the absence of the Cyclone name on the machine.

The cyclone moniker may be a good move from Zongshen. The name Honda was easily pronounced by Americans back in the 60's, and thus accepted by the 70's (of course quality played a huge part in it). Even today the name "Zongshen", may not be easily accepted due to the mysteries in chinese language pronunciation by Americans. This is, I believe, the reason zongs have so many identies worldwide (csc, honley, etc.etc.).

Imo, as they say... it's worth what you paid.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #2

About the dragon Cyclone logo... look what I saw in the last issue of Rider magazine:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161208_211544.jpg (85.4 KB, 703 views)

Old 12-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #3

^^^That's a new one...someone ripping off the Chinese

Old 12-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #4

Yep, that dragon definitely won't fly here in the states. Someone will be getting the phone call.

Nice catch Juanro

Inroads...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 12-20-2016, 08:17 AM   #5

I was just catching up on posts. Wow the RX4 looks beautiful! The dual front brakes is a better way to go. However, that's double the parts for a brake job! I don't even have dual rotors on my Harley Dyna! Thank God I don't, cause that would turn a brake job that costs under 70 bucks to one over hundred.

Anyways, this would probably be a better option for my husband. The RX3 goes really slow with him on it uphill. With me, it does a bit better of a job.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I was just catching up on posts. Wow the RX4 looks beautiful! The dual front brakes is a better way to go. However, that's double the parts for a brake job! I don't even have dual rotors on my Harley Dyna! Thank God I don't, cause that would turn a brake job that costs under 70 bucks to one over hundred.

Anyways, this would probably be a better option for my husband. The RX3 goes really slow with him on it uphill. With me, it does a bit better of a job.
Not only that but you can only disperse as much inertia as the friction patch on the ground will link up and allow. I had a buddy who built a custom HD and he wanted a dual disk on a 21" skinny front tire with a SPRINGER! I told him he'd regret it but no.... He ended up skittering the front end out in an intersection. That skinny tire had a little over a dime size friction patch attaching it to the pavement. WAY too much braking power with the duals. That's why you usually only see them on the big fat FLH's and like my old Vic TC.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-02-2017, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post

The last set of pads for my RX3 cost something like 9 dollars for sintered. I'm a heavyweight so dual rotors would be excellent. Right now the RX3 kinda takes its time stopping. My Stelvio NTX runs a 110/80 19 front and even with dual brembos similar to sportbikes doesn't overwhelm the front tires traction under heavy braking. Its 136 dollars in pads to replace the front on that though lol. Wee bit less on the RX3!

I hope the RX4 makes it for 2018!

Old 01-03-2017, 06:27 AM   #8

All five members of the Cyclone Dakar Team completed the first stage, at positions 78, 113, 131, 133, 135.
2nd stage today, about 800 km from Resistencia (Chaco) to San Miguel de Tucumán.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 AM   #9

Dakar coverage NBCSN

Found info for my dish network dakar coverage

Check yours here

https://areyouwatchingthis.com/tv/st...csnhd-nbcsn-hd

Nbcsn network, Looks like there doing 30 min a day segments. I got the recorder locked on now.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:38 AM   #10

Only the more experienced french, Thierry Bethys, is still on the road. The other four members of the Zongshen Cyclone team didn't complete stage 2 yesterday, but I can't find the details or causes.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #11

Our fellow on site says:
"Por motivos climáticos, los pilotos chinos primerizos no dieron y el piloto francés ya es de la vieja guardia una moto presentó un desperfecto mecánico, los demás simplemente les quedó grande el poncho!!!
Thierry va bien a un ritmo constante y dejando atrás a varias KTM, Huqsvarna, Kawasaki etc"

Apparently the hot climate and tiredness took its toll. The first timers, and the other french guy (he said "old school", an euphemism for "older"), couldn't make it, but Thierry is doing fine.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #12

Per tv coverage

Motorcycles ...Straight away speed for leaders was 108mph. Temps were 104 F . Dry dusty potmarked with huge waterholes in the road. Been watching on nbcsn. 2 stages down, real navigation stages up next. On the public roads they have to maintain speed limits.

Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
Our fellow on site says:
"Por motivos climáticos, los pilotos chinos primerizos no dieron y el piloto francés ya es de la vieja guardia una moto presentó un desperfecto mecánico, los demás simplemente les quedó grande el poncho!!!
Thierry va bien a un ritmo constante y dejando atrás a varias KTM, Huqsvarna, Kawasaki etc"

Apparently the hot climate and tiredness took its toll. The first timers, and the other french guy (he said "old school", an euphemism for "older"), couldn't make it, but Thierry is doing fine.
It sounds as if no bike mechanical gremlins just riders.

That is nice to hear.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #14

Old 01-05-2017, 08:33 PM   #15

Give me a freaking break. Hand each of those babies a pacifier and his termination papers. Mr. Zongshen wasted untold amounts of money, and now looks like a fool. The motorcycle world was watching his companys efforts. Didn't these kids realize it was going to be hard? Im sorry (no, I'm not sorry for feeling the way I do) , but I am old school in my values. I believe in a firm handshake, keeping one's word, behaving civilly, and finishing what you start.

Kids these days...and adults too, hit a roadblock and just stop. They have no critical thinking skills or the fortitude to push on. I see it every single day.