Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2015, 11:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katflap View Post
I have noticed over time that my oil level has been rising. At first I thought I was just imagining it. But I think now it could be the case.

So I have set up some marks on the ground and selected a block of wood for under the side stand.

This combined with a small mark I have made on the oil level inspection window so I can accurately monitor the oil level each time I check.

This I did last week. Today I checked the oil level and It does seem to be starting to rise.

Also when I initially set this up I removed an amount of oil to gain the correct level. This oil reeked of fuel, I don't mean a small whiff of petrol, it totally stunk of the stuff.

Probably best if I order a new injector before I start ripping things apart
At least you've been able to establish that it's fuel, not coolant. A new injector is a relatively easy fix, compared to a head gasket.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer