Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2022, 07:52 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Powersportsmax is the same vendor. I am not sure how/why they maintain separate websites with different purchasing processes. The same bike is available both sites. They sell on Amazon too.

I want the 6 speed counterbalanced 249cc engine, and the fully adjustable suspension roller style throttle and adjustable levers (I do like those nice shorty levers on the Titan). So the Templar X is a good match for me. I will order one today.

I have had good experiences with Powersportsmax so I will probably stick with them for this purchase.
XPRO wouldn't provide a phone number for contact information so Powersportsmax it was. I agree with both you and tkjn99, the Templar models provide a LOT more for not much money. As an official old fart I require a little less performance and prefer a shorter wheelbase and lower seat height. Really appreciate the information and feedback.

Old 08-14-2022, 01:45 AM   #167

Well, that would explain the disconnected lead under the tank; if I ground it out, the 6th gear pops up on the display.. That's some good info though! I'm still piddling with the gearing on my Titan DLX but, 70MPH is surprising. Man, I want 6 gears so bad lol just ONE more gear, and it would be almost perfect. Hell of a lot more comfortable I bet, that's for sure!

I'm going to definitely get the 14T gear BUT... there are two different ones that are possibly a match, three really. I need to measure the spline again just to really know - but, the JTF328 is a match, I've been using the JTF1329, and I just saw the JTF1554 might be a fit too. The stock 13T does have a little lip on the engine side, and is pretty beefy. The 1554 seemed more like the stock dimensions to me - no complaints from the 1329, but only 12T and 13T. I found out 12T is max for an O or X ring chain, but it wears a little on the sprocket walls.. kinda thick. So, I'm running Niche standard chains from now on. My current gearing is 13T stock front / 40T rear @ 70MPHish. Ish because downhill I can hit 76MPH lol but a good gust of wind is needed as well. But have hit 76MPH via GPS WOT / 70MPH comfortably (minus the vibrations). The 14T front will hopefully provide a few more MPH? Hopefully.. Getting this thing up to 55MPH+ isn't hard, but good lord - it turns into a vibrator on wheels!! still love it for what it can do though It has survived a pretty nice fall into some rock - not quite a tank. Lost a few parts, but started up after a few min - no issues.

Keeping that 6 gear model in my mind for sure - might be a future purchase!

Old 08-14-2022, 04:47 PM   #168

This is the 14T I have on mine but you will need to shave down the inside of the sprocket cover.. see my previous post on that with pics:

JT Sprockets JTF328.14 14T Steel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AVOMOI...p_mob_ap_share

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 08-14-2022, 04:50 PM   #169

The nice thing about the Templar as well is that it has a carb for those that want to be able to get more performance out of the bike without headache of if/how to flash an ecu

Old 08-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #170

Well, it arrived about noon today. 2 issues, the front fender looked like someone took a hacksaw to it and the SOI had dirt bike instead of motorcycle. Called them up and figured out the process for parts replacement and they said a new SOI will be sent. removed front wheel and tightened spokes/aligned wheel. lubed the bearings and removed triple trees to tap a zerk in the steering head. A good day. Edit to add . What's the fork oil capacity?

Last edited by severely; 08-18-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:32 PM   #171

I drilled and tapped the steering head for lubrication of steering bearings. R+R fork oil ,adjusted the valves, blocked/removed EGR junk. Installed new CDI and oiled the filter. Getting ready to install the front wheel. All pretty good so far.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:24 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Added a rev box orange CDI and spark plug wire I picked up off Amazon.. Also removed the side plastics, i think it looks more sleek now..
Note: the plug wire that comes with this kit is a bit on the long side, so I zip-tied by the horn to prevent it from melting
Titan is looking great

Does that orange box add-on or replace existing CDI ??

I am wondering if it is an alternative to advance key for a slight advance. I wonder how many degrees it really advanced the spark? Electronic advance is a a common superbike mod, like Dynojet Power commander, which has maybe five advance curves to choose from.

Old 08-23-2022, 12:39 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
I purchased mine from PSM as well and you can see the condition the bike was delivered in on the first page of this thread. For those damages, they refunded me $30 since they claimed they didnt have any of the parts in stock. i asked for a replacement seat and fork caps and exhaust pipe at the time lol so figured it'd be a long shot... but they were quick to send me the refund. Also, i had an issue with the side rear blinker which they quickly shipped out to me as well.. overall, im satisfied with their support.. much better than TXPower lol
FYI, I think it is a bad apple at R&L. My metal frame around the bike on my first Templar X crate was bent over the tail section, and there was a bunch of oil all over the rear tire, and more on the front of the crate near the forks clamped in. Also, the crate was on end (no kidding) in the truck when it arrived!!! I think this caused the front wheel to bounce on something, and the black surface on the front wheel was dinged repeatedly in that spot.

I cleaned up the oil and found NO OIL source opened on the bike

And, the middle lower section under the bike was crushed as if dropped!

This did NOT come like this from the warehouse! I bought from PSM. They sent me a right foot pegs, though I didn't really need it. PSM was good. Fortunately, the bikes are pretty tough

Last edited by Thumper; 08-23-2022 at 02:34 PM.

Old 08-23-2022, 01:07 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Titan is looking great

Does that orange box add-on or replace existing CDI ??

I am wondering if it is an alternative to advance key for a slight advance. I wonder how many degrees it really advanced the spark? Electronic advance is a a common superbike mod, like Dynojet Power commander, which has maybe five advance curves to choose from.
It replaces the stock CDI and probably advances slightly. After a bad experience with a flywheel key on my Brozz I'm going to stick with it as is and just plan on uncorking the exhaust

Old 08-25-2022, 08:10 PM   #175

A question for the collective. My rear shock has a charge valve for nitrogen, what is the proper pressure for the shock?

Old 08-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #176

hey gang, just snagged a 2020 Titan DLX yesterday in fair condition for $700! Unfortunately it did not run but will fire with starting fluid. The carb is toast. I ordered a VM26 clone linked in this thread from Amazon, but I'm seeing other posts on Facebook about Nibbi carbs. What is the best carb out there right now to go with? I am hoping to run a less restrictive air filter and may get a big bore kit if I can find one for a reasonable price!

Old 08-28-2022, 04:34 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpiano View Post
hey gang, just snagged a 2020 Titan DLX yesterday in fair condition for $700! Unfortunately it did not run but will fire with starting fluid. The carb is toast. I ordered a VM26 clone linked in this thread from Amazon, but I'm seeing other posts on Facebook about Nibbi carbs. What is the best carb out there right now to go with? I am hoping to run a less restrictive air filter and may get a big bore kit if I can find one for a reasonable price!
Could it be just old fuel? 2020 seems very new to me for a carb that is toast! Maybe just clean the carb and with fresh fuel things might go better. Also check your valve clearance. Just my thoughts…

Old 08-28-2022, 10:52 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Fun View Post
Could it be just old fuel? 2020 seems very new to me for a carb that is toast! Maybe just clean the carb and with fresh fuel things might go better. Also check your valve clearance. Just my thoughts…
Oh, the fuel was definitely bad. Ya know that foul smell it gets when it goes bad.. haha. The lines and filter are all now clear. The problem with the stock carb is that I can't figure out how to open up the bowl to clean it?? I will snag a picture tomorrow but there are rivets or something instead of screws so it seems like the best option is to just buy a carb that I can re-jet easily, no? Maybe I am missing something with this carb.

A little bit premature but I'm also looking into Henner's kits for more power, though I haven't even ridden the thing yet.

Old 08-29-2022, 05:58 PM   #179

Can anyone confirm that the CRF230 big bore kits and camshafts will or won't work on the Titan DLX (223cc?)? I can't find any confirmation. Hoping maybe Plump or Obrien can chime in

Old 08-29-2022, 09:08 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by richpiano View Post
Oh, the fuel was definitely bad. Ya know that foul smell it gets when it goes bad.. haha. The lines and filter are all now clear. The problem with the stock carb is that I can't figure out how to open up the bowl to clean it?? I will snag a picture tomorrow but there are rivets or something instead of screws so it seems like the best option is to just buy a carb that I can re-jet easily, no? Maybe I am missing something with this carb.

A little bit premature but I'm also looking into Henner's kits for more power, though I haven't even ridden the thing yet.
You can use a dremel to notch a line in each rivet to allow a flat head screwdriver to remove each screw. Just so you know the pilot is odd and most kits won't work. Easiest way to go is to replace with a VM26 and then use a standard kit to be able to change the pilot, main plus allows for adjusting the clip on the needle jet which with stock you need to shim with a washer or two