Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2019, 01:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerikol View Post
Thanks for the advice, Ben. I ordered a Caltric kit from Amazon. Here's the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the advice on the carb o-rings, too. I'm going to pull the carbs back out when the parts come in later today and do the valves while I have the rest of the bike apart. I thought it might be carbs to start with, so I cleaned them up first thing. When I didn't get any improvement, I consulted the interwebs and discovered the issue with the pickup coil. Apparently that's a really big failure point on these bikes. I think I may just order an extra side cover gasket and pickup coil to toss in the saddlebags, just in case I ever get stranded out on the road somewhere. Really looking the bike over carefully, it seems that this has been an ongoing problem for a while. The exhaust pipe for the rear cylinder is really heavily blued about 2/3'rds of the way back. That indicates a lot of heat, which means the cylinder wasn't firing properly, and the combustion was happening out in the pipe and not in the chamber. It was ridden like that for a while to do that kind of, not really damage, but to leave those kinds of marks on the pipe. In any event, I hope to have the bike up and running by the weekend.

Check the valves while you're at it. They can tighten up and cause bluing on the pipes. Also, the jetting could be off. If you need a shop manual, I have one in PDF format I could send you. PM me your email.