Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #1846

Quote:
Originally Posted by thillskier View Post
I had some cameras from College (Cannon Ae-1, and another early dslr as well.
Will lenses from Cannon fit modern DSLR? If so, that definitely whatI should buy, as those lenses are very good, I have a large selection, and won't need all of them on most rides, even.
Thanks for that help/clarification jimjr21.
Vendor and or a camera suggestion, or re up the blog, though thats a stretch, and undoable for a while, def not doable for my ride back home.
I don't know on Canon. However Nikon lens mount is the same from the older film mechanical units to the latest digital. Lens will fit and work but of course it will be manual focus and aperture only with the older lens.

I use Adorama and B&H for most of my photo needs.
2001 H-D V-Rod
1999 Ducati 750SS
1997 Yamaha Riva
1995 KTM 250
1970 Honda CB350
1952 Ariel Square four

Old 02-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #1847

No unfortunately the Canon AE1 and AE1P lenses won't fit the Canon DSLRs. I've got a few I'd give away. I used to carry a Canon DSLR and lenses around on the bikes but it just got to be too cumbersome. Downgraded to a little Nikon pocket camera. It won't do for professional work but it's fine for everyday snapshots.

Quote:
Will lenses from Cannon fit modern DSLR? If so, that definitely whatI should buy, as those lenses are very good, I have a large selection, and won't need all of them on most rides, even.
Vendor and or a camera suggestion, or re up the blog, though thats a stretch, and undoable for a while, def not doable for my ride back home.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #1848

If the guy with the ducks could just get them to flap in unison he could soar over the traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
There you have it.

Here is a photo of a Zongshen postal service bike in action, courtesy of Joe Berk, photographer.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #1849
Banned

After thinking and some searches I decided

No more info on forums re med issues. There are apparently a lot of others with much worse issues than me, and needing financial and other kinds of help.
I only want to help and get advice type help. (of course). I did state the current cost of someone in my situation re copays and other unexpected not covered by full coverage insurance. Wish I knew going in, and why I shared my issues with this aspect of my situation/illness.(In case others get this shock also).
If there are people wondering about testing or their risks etc, ask in a PM pls.
Im doin good I think...will know Friday for sure, as its 1 month evaluation.

This purchase and interaction has helped me, a lot.
Lets keep this on a RX-3 coming soon positive note.!
Hopefully, life will "move on" and regardless, whatever will happen, happens! (and I keep calm riding a ZONG! hehe

Old 02-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #1850

Quote:
Any camera is better than no camera, and for that matter, a cell phone camera will also work. They are sometimes surprisingly good. If you have a film camera, by all means use it instead of not taking any photos at all. When you have the film developed, the mass market developers will also include a disk with digital images from your film if you ask (and pay) for them to do this. Costco does a very, very good job.

You don’t need a lot of lenses, and in my opinion, you really don't need more than one. When I used to use a film camera, I used one lens (usually a 50mm prime, or nonzoom, lens). You can zoom with your feet (just move toward or away from the subject) and you’ll do well.

The Canon AE-1 is a very respectable 35mm film camera and it will do a fine job. I used the Minolta equivalent (their X-700 model) for a long time. All of the photos on these two pages were with my old Minolta film camera:

http://motofoto.cc/baja_1994.htm

and

http://motofoto.cc/Mexico_Motorcycle_Trip.htm

The disadvantage with film is that you don't get to see your photos until you get the film developed, and you have to pay to get the film developed. You can get outstanding images with film, however. The principal advantage of a DSLR is that you can keep snapping away until you get it right, and you can have instant feedback on exposure and composition. The principal advantage of film is that if that's what you have (i.e., a film camera), you don't have to invest in a new camera. There's an argument to be made that due to the deliberate nature of film, it forces you to slow down and get it right. I would not feel under-equipped taking a film camera on any moto adventure, and I did just that for a lot of years.

Old 02-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #1851
Banned

I figured as much.. (re lenses) where's the profits in that LOGIC!

I do wonder if a "universal coupling got designed, and patented, and a start up camera company promised (contract signed with customers) to make all future model cameras compatible with YOUR purchased lenses.
Like computer software. No one would buy it, if it made old investment obsolete, so Microsoft caved, and engineered reverse compatibility, though buggy !
Pics are pics, same. The can and should work, on ANY camera. Couplings (interface) are the issue and why they do not. IMHO

Old 02-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #1852
Banned

WOW! Thanks Joe!!

OK I'm doing that for sure. Walmarts are everywhere on my route back home. I think I need to do a ride report, and document the trip, no matter what. My son told me today, he wants a bike he thinks (based on if he can ride mine comfortably) He will, I'm certain.
I think he's maybe seeing if Dad can do it (something cool, one more time.)
Then he's wanting to (of course) out do old Dad!

Much appreciated, expert advice! (and I don't need to spend $, thats a first!!) Again THANK YOU STEVE!
By the way, YOU are doing a fantastic service for those of us on a budget, but wanting to go, and ride! This IS a game changer, just don't give up!...Call on us believers if/when you get worn down, OK. This is important, and MIGHT show some $ crazed folks, some really do care about VALUE and Honesty.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #1853
Banned

OK Lenses won't help now

What to do to start over, now (re new camera gear).
I'm buying a CSC Rx-3 remember! What is the camera RX-3 deal, if any? (or closest, In your opinion)..a Chinese RX-3 camera !
I'm not sure, but there may be others thinking along these lines as well, for Baha, or riding home, cross country. I KNOW, if I had time, ENERGY (for sure), to do Baha, I would, and damn sure want to document it! and if shown how, do a rider report. I'd hope others enjoyed mine (if I can do a rider report especially with pictures) as I did many of theirs. You Joe, are correct, photos are necessary, and good photos, really show SOME of the beauty we see out there!
Rider Reports with pictures are waay more interesting and alluring.

Old 02-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
On the question I raised about luggage weight limits, let me clarify I was not suggesting the RX-3 can't be loaded down. (Great pics, by the way) I was just noting we don't have specs for the luggage itself...
Okay, I think I now understand. The top case should carry a very heavy load, since it has a very wide, horizontal support underneath it. I frequently carry 30-35 pounds in my J.C. Whitney Travel Trunks on both my Honda XR650L and Zongshen ZS200GY-2. These trunks are made of plastic, and I don't have any problems loading them down and traveling over rough terrain.

The panniers might not bear the weight as well, since the horizontal supports beneath them are smaller, and they are more subject to lateral forces. In this instance, the plastic mounts of the panniers might fail after many miles of sustaining heavy loads. Perhaps Katflap can see if the mounting points of the plastic panniers are reinforced.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #1855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
If the guy with the ducks could just get them to flap in unison he could soar over the traffic.
I think those ducks can hardly breath, let alone flap their wings. They are packed in pretty tightly.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 02-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #1856

The Minben is making good time at it approaches Zhijiang at 7.7 knots.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-11-2015, 07:59 PM   #1857

CARB Approval

I know you guys would like to talk about cameras all day, but I thought I would let you know that CARB approved the RX3 for sale in California today.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:01 PM   #1858

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
I know you guys would like to talk about cameras all day, but I thought I would let you know that CARB approved the RX3 for sale in California today.
Thanks for sharing the good news, Joe.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 02-11-2015, 08:27 PM   #1859

Over on ADVRIDER they are raving about the AJP PR5 engine. http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=90

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 02-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #1860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Over on ADVRIDER they are raving about the AJP PR5 engine. http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=90
Thanks for posting the link, Mark. I subscribed to that thread, and asked for information on the counter shaft (C/S) sprocket. I'm not surprised people are raving about the ZS177MM (NC250) engine.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220