Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #31

Did you charge the battery after pouring in the acid? You will need to charge it now, anyway. Throw in an equivalent NGK or brand name spark plug, too, while you are at it. You should be able to kick start it, even with a weak battery, or bump start it. Check the choke, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #32

So I did get it to start, but only when opening the throttle a decent bit. Also the bike can't idle, it just dies without any throttle. I was told by Motocheez that there is an idle adjustment screw on the carb, so I will take a look at that. Thanks for all the information though guys, I really appreciate it.

Old 10-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #33

Hey guys. Just another update in case anyone wants to know. So I have fixed pretty much everything at this point. I fixed the headlight low beam by finding a wire that was white and blue that was disconnected; it was in the frame pretty deep. I also have gotten the bike to start and run pretty well. I still need to get the idle adjustment just right, but it seems like the bike is in pretty good shape now. I charged the battery, the front brake is all good after bleeding it and refilling the master cylinder, and the bike starts fine now(also discovered that the choke is actually off when in the down position-thanks to Motocheez). I also took the spark arrestor off of the exhaust so the bike is a little louder and sounds a lot better in my opinion. Sadly I am still waiting on the MCO and the bill of sale. It's been 2 weeks since the bike arrived. I ordered it through q9. I am disappointed that it is taking this long to get the MCO and bill of sale, but they have been really awesome in communicating with me, so I would easily recommend them to anyone else trying to get a Magician or a Hawk. Hopefully the MCO comes soon and I can get it registered no problem; then I'll finally be able to ride the thing!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:12 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
Hey guys. Just another update in case anyone wants to know. So I have fixed pretty much everything at this point. I fixed the headlight low beam by finding a wire that was white and blue that was disconnected; it was in the frame pretty deep. I also have gotten the bike to start and run pretty well. I still need to get the idle adjustment just right, but it seems like the bike is in pretty good shape now. I charged the battery, the front brake is all good after bleeding it and refilling the master cylinder, and the bike starts fine now(also discovered that the choke is actually off when in the down position-thanks to Motocheez). I also took the spark arrestor off of the exhaust so the bike is a little louder and sounds a lot better in my opinion. Sadly I am still waiting on the MCO and the bill of sale. It's been 2 weeks since the bike arrived. I ordered it through q9. I am disappointed that it is taking this long to get the MCO and bill of sale, but they have been really awesome in communicating with me, so I would easily recommend them to anyone else trying to get a Magician or a Hawk. Hopefully the MCO comes soon and I can get it registered no problem; then I'll finally be able to ride the thing!
This is the longest wait ever for a motorcycle picture.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
He cannot take a photo until he gets his MCO--some kind of commie-Illinois law

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-08-2016, 08:39 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Haha once I finally plate the thing, I promise to put up some photos.

Old 10-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #37

So q9 emailed me back today and let me know that they still don't have my MCO. At this point I'm pretty upset since I got the bike over 2 weeks ago, and ordered it almost a month ago. I'm glad they have been responding, but I find it pretty hard to believe that it really takes this long to get the MCO and bill of sale to me.

Old 10-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #38

Try member Adam Renkleff or call him at RPS. Ultimately the MCO's come from RPS, so getting hold of him should be able to 'jar' one your way...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironheart901 View Post
It really needs a choke with a cable, on the magician its hard to get to while riding...

Old 10-14-2016, 03:37 PM   #40

So still no update on the MCO. Starting to lose hope here. Also I really do not believe the tuning on the Magician is better than the Hawk "out of the box". My magician still cannot idle correctly. After doing some research, I believe it is running too lean. So I really don't think mine was tuned well. It has terrible throttle response and will die if the idle screw isn't almost all the way in. Now I have to attempt to tune the carburetor, hopefully just adjusting the idle mix will do the trick. Also my exhaust pipe is turning blue at the front. I think this has been caused by the fast idling. Guess all this doesn't matter since I still haven't been able to ride the damn thing. I really have no idea when/if I will get the MCO. Really wishing I had just got that used honda rebel at this point haha

Old 10-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #41

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Try member Adam Renkleff or call him at RPS. Ultimately the MCO's come from RPS, so getting hold of him should be able to 'jar' one your way...
What he said.

Old 10-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #42

So today I adjusted the idle mixture screw in order to get the bike to idle right. I bottomed it out lightly and then counted 2 and 1/2 turns out, and that seems to make the bike idle much better. I tried 1 1/2 turns first and then 2 but it would still die very easily. I think it may be a little too rich for how I have it right now, but I'll test it out first before I change it again because the process is an absolute PITA. The carb is basically impossible to get out of the magician because the steel frame goes right over it. I ended up just unscrewing it enough to tilt it and mash up the plastic plug just enough so that I could turn the idle mixture screw. Also, this is impossible with the exhaust on. So in order to test a different turn count, I had to wait for the exhaust to cool down again in order to remove it, adjust the idle screw, put the exhaust back on, warm it up again and test it out, and then redo that whole process if it wasn't right. Here's to hoping that this adjustment is a good balance.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:45 AM   #43

1/2 turn increments are pretty big, but it sounds like you're much closer. As a point of trivia, if the pilot mixture screw requires more than two turns out, the slow jet is too small.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-16-2016, 03:25 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
1/2 turn increments are pretty big, but it sounds like you're much closer. As a point of trivia, if the pilot mixture screw requires more than two turns out, the slow jet is too small.
Yeah, 2 and 1/2 turns may be a little too rich. I don't think I let it warm up enough to see if the idle was okay with just 2 turns. The throttle response seemed to be pretty good with 2 and 1/2 turns once it was warmed up though. I really don't want to have to rejet it because taking the carburetor out of the Magician seems almost impossible because of the frame. I think I will test it out with 2 and 1/2 turns out first, and if I feel like it's too rich then I will go back to 2 turns. Do you know of any symptoms I will see if 2 and 1/2 turns out really is too much?

Old 10-16-2016, 03:45 PM   #45

Rich
Bogging when blipping the throttle in neutral.
Black soot/smoke and fuel smell out the exhaust.

Lean
Backfiring when decelerating.
Hang throttle, rpms take long time to come down to normal after blipping throttle in neutral.
Discoloration of exhaust bluing etc at the header.

If too lean it will seem like the bike is running really good and be very responsive but you are doing irreparable damage due to the lack of fuel cooling and excessive heat.

/