Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 AM   #1

Shipping from China!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!! $140 to ship 20 gauges, the 1st test batch over from Chonqing!!! This was Fed-Ex, He said he priced UPS & DHL and both where higher.....

Old 04-12-2016, 01:23 AM   #2

Ouch.

What about EMS?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
Ouch.

What about EMS?

Don't know anything about it. Looked at their site. Looks like you have to register to get a quote?

Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 AM   #4

Box is 40# from what he is telling me. Holy crap!! They did package the sample i got a few weeks ago well though.....

Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 AM   #5

EMS was $443......

Old 04-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #6

That's only 7.00 a gauge. Not pad for that much paddling! So your price just went from "xx.xx" to "xx.xx + 7.00". Anyone who's dying for one of these and wants to bling up their Hawk, TT, Strom, whatever...shouldn't balk at that. After all, your time and effort into all of this is worth something, right?!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

I definitely want one!!

Old 04-12-2016, 04:16 PM   #8

Shipped a 30 ton )boat from taiwan to long beach calif once. U do NOT want to know....:(
NOW i know why guys hire pro crews to sail the suckers round.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 04-12-2016, 05:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
Shipped a 30 ton )boat from taiwan to long beach calif once. U do NOT want to know....:(
NOW i know why guys hire pro crews to sail the suckers round.
Dang....30 tons. Hopefully you had RV access at home! ;-)

I already have a little digital tach ready for the TT that I'd bought a while back, but I may need to upgrade.... That is really cool looking and displays really well.
Set this up with CSC and retire!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-12-2016, 05:59 PM   #10

Estimate the shipping fee via forwarder such as http://www.sfcservice.com b4 order...

Old 04-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Dang....30 tons. Hopefully you had RV access at home! ;-)
don't get me wrong 2LZ, boat was for my dad and mom for inland passage back and forth from Washinton to Alaska(gawd he loved fishing that coast). House area they had on Whidbey had a private harbor, lol was a Kodak moment when he discovered it was too big for the harbor lol. had to moor it at north end of the island

my ship was a bit more handy in blue water (when it is my ass on the line, i try to get the best equipment,) still, it was25 tons, but an ocean going custom sloop, the last designed by the canuck master Stan Huntingford. He told me he put everything he knew about boats into that shipit was incredibly fast AND seaworthy .

i even survived a hurricane like storm off the washington/oregon coast one time during which they lost ten ships, three or four with all hands and one of em was a close to 100 ft fishing vessel! think almost perfect storm like stuff. My mast was something over 75 ft high and more than a few waves topped it. All i could do was run like hell down wind and concentrate on steering so i didn't roll the ship- visualize surfing a 25 ton sailboat down a crashing 80 to 90 ft wave at something like 28 knots and you'll get an idea of what that 18 hours was like.....

at one point i was forward trying to save the mast and rigging and got a bit careless Though safety lined, the boarding wave washed me overboard and I was being drug thru the water off the port bow head submerged,(guy who installed the lines had left them too long and i had failed to check them myself!} and when the ship rolled a bit, my father in law scrambled out onto the foredeck and pulled me back up and saved my life. Wiry little 160n lbs or so! like I've said before , some of those combat marines( Korea in his case) are some seriously useful SoBs to have around when it looks like you're azz is done for...got worse tho..

We later spent all night trying to radio-triangulate (old days guys) w a navy destroyer in order to try and locate and get to a yacht calling mayday over a rapidly weakening radio in time to save the crew and family. We didnt make it :( all we found was debris:(

I still sail, but very very rarely, and far nearer the shore.
Some memories are hard to shake.

note:(while running before that storm, we were driven clear off my charts some 450 nautical miles into the north central pacific}
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking