Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2016, 12:24 AM   #1

Initial shipment of Tach clusters for hawk.....

OK Folks, I have decided on what i feel is the only fair way to send out the initial 15 clusters i will have available in about 2 weeks. In the next week while i await shipment from China i will be going through the posts here and PM-ing the 1st 15 people who had expressed interest in owning one. I actually have 20 coming in but I am keeping 3 for myself and CSC as well as RPS are each getting one for review.

Just as a reminder, This cluster will have an Analog Tach, Digital Speedometer, L&R Turn & Hi-Beam indicator, Neutral light, all gears shown as you shift, A fuel gauge, A low fuel light, Kilometers and MPH, an odometer and a trip odometer which also read in KPH & MPH just by clicking the button. A wired wheel sending unit will replace the speedometer cable & drive unit. My test unit is + - 1/2 MPH to my GPS on my phone.

These will be totally plug and play other than 1 wire tap. I will be creating instructions as well as a video. All items needed to hook up the cluster will be included, Mainly the cluster with harness, Wire Ties and wire tap for Tach wire & Wheel Sending unit. Spade connector for ignition tap, POS battery, Forked connector, Fuse holder & Extra Fuse will be included and pre-wired. Doing it this was has added cost but it will also make it where just about anyone can install it saving me a lot of e-mails and phone calls, Not that i don't want to talk to y'all but i also run a general contracting business and this is the $$$$$$$ time of year for me.

This has turned into a lot more work than i expected LOL. Gave me something to do while recovering from a TRIPLE Hernia surgery. After the 1st 15 clusters go out, I will start a new thread to have those folks post thoughts and ideas. If all looks good i will place a large order and have these in stock. Lead time is 2 weeks give or take from what they are telling me. The shipping out of Chongqing China is also going to be costly. About $7 a cluster as air is the only way i can find to ship reasonably unless i want to toss a box on a boat. Air is a LOT more convenient.

The final price i have come up with adding taking into account the additional costs for the wire loom , connectors, My time along with 100+ e-mails to the factory and air shipping from China is going to be $95 with a 6 month free replacement if defective & free priority shipping. The 1st 15 out will be getting a 15% discount for their feedback. If anyone is close they can pick them up at my shop for $85 and as i travel around through the year i will always keep some with me. I do Pay-Pal or would take a check in the mail as well. Silver in person at current market price will work too LOL! I know their are some of you out there! I realize this is a lot of money but it is still cheaper than the Trail Tech Vapor by over $100. take the Vapor @ $139.95 + the Indicator Light Dashboard for your signals, high beam Ect @ 54.95 & shipping and your over $200 Remember, Mine is a direct bolt on replacement. I was actually going to go Trail-Tech myself until i thought up this hair brained idea LOL! I could likely lower this by $4-5 a cluster but would have to order 1,000 pcs lol!

Also keep in mind, Your state MAY require you to fill out an odometer disclosure statement when you sell. My suggestion and what i did myself is after installing the new unit, Take a photo of the new unit on and the old unit next to it showing the miles. Then e-mail it to yourself for safe keeping. This way their will never be a question.

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160401_215917.jpg (33.0 KB, 703 views)
File Type: jpg 0331161810_20160331_184254.jpg (24.3 KB, 684 views)
File Type: jpg cluster.jpg (39.7 KB, 930 views)

Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 AM   #2

Mjstef,had to sell my hawk because I couldn't register it. Was looking forward to your tach but I'm going to have to be taken off the list.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #3

Great work! I hope I made the 15 list.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:54 AM   #4

Tack cluster

Fantastic work !

Old 04-13-2016, 07:59 AM   #5

Hope I made the list, too!!!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #6

I hope I made the list too! Cant wait to try this thing out.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #7

If we don't make the first list we'll make the second one.

Old 04-13-2016, 12:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider93 View Post
If we don't make the first list we'll make the second one.

My second order will be in the 5 figure range. I just want to make sure the product is up to snuff BEFORE i make a major order and have that kind of money laying out there. 20 are easier to replace than 200 are.........

Old 04-13-2016, 12:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
My second order will be in the 5 figure range. I just want to make sure the product is up to snuff BEFORE i make a major order and have that kind of money laying out there. 20 are easier to replace than 200 are.........
I totally understand man. Hard to lay out an investment and hope that you get a return too.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:00 PM   #10

I'm in for one wherever you can put me on the list. no hurry. I'm still working on the title.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #11

I believe I also made the first 15 list (I will need two), when you send the PM to everyone, send your Paypal information, the price and also request people to reply including their address to confirm and make it easier for you also.

I am excited for this as both of my needles on my bike bounce up and down all the time over 40mph and it drives me nuts! Haosen should just ditch their cluster and use these on all their bikes.

Old 04-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame28 View Post
I am excited for this as both of my needles on my bike bounce up and down all the time over 40mph and it drives me nuts! Haosen should just ditch their cluster and use these on all their bikes.
The new cluster will fix that for sure!....but the speedo cables come basically dry or with very little dried up grease on them. I pull, clean and grease all of my CB cables and it smooth's them right out. Many will break at an early age, if not.
That said....this cluster is BAD ASS!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-13-2016, 08:06 PM   #13

All messages have went out. If you didn't make the cut i apologize. By the end of the weekend if anyone of the 1st 15 don't reply i will move down the list. Once we get these 1st few out without issue i will always have them in stock. I know a few of you 1st 15 where wanting 2 clusters. To get more feedback i will only ship one on the initial shipment and your second one on the next shipment i get. Hope those of you that want more than 1 understand. When these come in and i get them packaged up, i will send a paypal invoice. Thank you and here's to a successful launch!

Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #14

I replied to your private message but not sure it went through. I will take one and thank you!

Old 04-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbath View Post
I replied to your private message but not sure it went through. I will take one and thank you!

Yup, Your good......