Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #1

Hawk 250 130 Mile Ride!

I've been wanting to do this 130 mile ride for awhile. First, I mapped out the ride on Google Earth using the track function. I then downloaded the tracks as a KML file. I converted the Kml file to a gpx file using GPS Visualizer. I then opened the file in my Garmin Map Source software. Now, I have a very accurate trail path of where I want to go without ever being there before. Map Source alone couldn't show me the route I needed. I could not have done this ride without GPS. The day was perfect! The Hawk performed flawless. It has lived up to its own high durability standard with me. I would take it just about on any ride I'm capable of. Having it legal on the street is a plus. No trailers to deal with. Just get on an go. The stock Hawk is ok, but you got to do the mods if you want it to fly like a Hawk should. I had the action cam on the headlamp at first, very bumpy I noticed. I switched it to the helmet later. Camera used was the ActiveOn CX. Very low cost camera. Battery last about 2 hours. I switched to video glasses later. they last about an hour. Still had plenty of riding to do after both cameras died. On the ride, got into town for a break and had lunch at a very nice 50's style dinner. During the ride, I passed by the Ford and Toyota proving grounds and a well known mine called Vulture Mine. They do tours.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #2

Thanks for the video. Your bike sounds great.

Old 03-11-2017, 08:04 PM   #3

A true adv
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #4

Thank you! It has been very dependable. Thanks to this site for all the info and know how to make the Hawk better!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #5

If I choose to remain in this forsaken place called Yuma, and go against all logic and move back to L.A. I want to check out the back dirt/canal roads from Yuma to Buckeye. I have followed the roads on Google maps, and have gone as far as switching to Google Earth to see the actual roads, and it appears they are there, and the ride is doable. Again, if I am still here next year (the weather is breaking to HOT mode here in Yuma and I don't have a rideable enduro), perhaps you would be interested in a Baja trek next winter or early spring since you are relatively close to me? In theory, you could get out of the Valley of the Sun and ride up north during the heat months in Phoenix. I am guessing there are plenty of ways to get up to Williams and/or Flagstaff?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
If I choose to remain in this forsaken place called Yuma, and go against all logic and move back to L.A. I want to check out the back dirt/canal roads from Yuma to Buckeye. I have followed the roads on Google maps, and have gone as far as switching to Google Earth to see the actual roads, and it appears they are there, and the ride is doable. Again, if I am still here next year (the weather is breaking to HOT mode here in Yuma and I don't have a rideable enduro), perhaps you would be interested in a Baja trek next winter or early spring since you are relatively close to me? In theory, you could get out of the Valley of the Sun and ride up north during the heat months in Phoenix. I am guessing there are plenty of ways to get up to Williams and/or Flagstaff?
not a bad idea. I have a book here somewhere that shows some trails south down that way. Its already hot! short winter right now,. Williams is beautiful for camping and some trail riding. I've done that with friends. A couple of good trout lakes are in the Williams area. I just added my fishing pole to the bike.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 AM   #7

This may be the wrong place to ask however, I am loving your bike for sure! I love the new cluster (I think it's called. I am a total noob) I have never been on a bike but I am trying to get a RPS Hawk 250. I was wondering how do you initially change the gear? Do you have to use that bar like on the left side of the bike or no? Also, is it easy to install a better cluster? Most of all, I need to get the bike so I can learn how to use it. People are telling me it's not that difficult to learn once you learn how to switch gears but I don't know how LOL. I have a small area on flat ground then about an acre of grass and stuff that I can ride on and practice with. Love the video man for sure! Kick ass bike!

Old 04-20-2017, 02:51 AM   #8

yes just stomp that lever down several times so you know your in first gear. neutral is half a click up and second gear is right above it then full clicks till you get to fifth. it is called a one down four up gear box cause they are counting from neutral. start out in first pull clutch lever in and pull up hard with your toe and your in second (bypassing nuetral) release clutch and go a little faster and so on
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250

Tags
activeon, ford, hawk, hawk250, toyota