Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2017, 04:36 PM   #16

I am highly interested in the new style. Exactly what mods were needed for this? Also, does this replace the old screen/spring filtration and require some sort of inline filter, or does it simply replace the bolt/cap on the motor itself?

Old 04-27-2017, 10:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I am highly interested in the new style. Exactly what mods were needed for this? Also, does this replace the old screen/spring filtration and require some sort of inline filter, or does it simply replace the bolt/cap on the motor itself?
It replaces the screen and a new screen is included in-line. Look at the pics and see the orange screen holder on the hose.....

Old 04-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstef View Post
It replaces the screen and a new screen is included in-line. Look at the pics and see the orange screen holder on the hose.....
Treat me like I am unfamiliar with these kinds of bikes, because I am. I've been dealing with classic liquid cooled bikes most of my life, and all of them over 500cc's and with proper oil filters. I saw the orange item in question, but since I lack x-ray vision for photographs, I had no idea what it had inside.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Treat me like I am unfamiliar with these kinds of bikes, because I am. I've been dealing with classic liquid cooled bikes most of my life, and all of them over 500cc's and with proper oil filters. I saw the orange item in question, but since I lack x-ray vision for photographs, I had no idea what it had inside.

No worries. I've been turning wrenches for most of my life and sometimes don't explain enough. This is a new type cooler for me and i am still working on better fitment......

Old 04-28-2017, 01:28 AM   #20

Well, I am definitely following and waiting for the finished product on your new design. I never fail to spend at least as much as I did on the bike doing "improvements" to them lol. Plus, I am a big advocate of heat management.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #21

How is the results if this oil cooler? How does it pumps oil through the system? Any documentation about it.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbo7106 View Post
Which one do you think will cool better? I'm leaning towards the new design vs the valve cover design. As far as routine maintenance goes, I think the new design will be easier to work around. I adjust the valves every time I change the oil, so the valve cover design would add to the tight quarters. Any thoughts?

See you on the trails!
I got this crazy idea, what if you used BOTH! Maximum oil cooling power!!