Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2016, 08:18 AM   #1

Exclamation ATV-X21 125cc ATV

Yes , i was wondering if anyone could assist me on figuring out why my 4 wheeler is not capable of doing donuts. When i give it full throttle is just dies. But reverse it spins tires just not forward. I got the 125c hunter chinese ATV.
I have taken the carb off and cleaned it and made sure nothing was in there so thats off the menu , i adjusted the carb to best i could. Something else is making it where it doesn't do 100% power at full throttle and dies. Would like opinions or if you know of any parts that can replace easily and cheaply would be awesome to make this ATV a bit more enjoyable.

Agian it's the 125 cc hunter model with the back and front rack and headlights.

Old 09-21-2016, 08:24 AM   #2

forgot to mention i replaced the air filter with filter similar to this http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3809383...&ul_noapp=true

Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #3

My guess is that it takes off in reverse due to steeper gearing. It isn't making the necessary torque to take off in a higher gear.

I'm betting that the stock exhaust is very restrictive and that the carb is set up quite lean.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My guess is that it takes off in reverse due to steeper gearing. It isn't making the necessary torque to take off in a higher gear.

I'm betting that the stock exhaust is very restrictive and that the carb is set up quite lean.
Can i order new exhaust online for this? What type would you order sir? And i am still using original carb , i heard they are POS so i was wondering what type carb could i purchase as a upgrade.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:29 AM   #5

gearing in reverse is usaly lower..
also weight transfur.... when taking off forward
the weight transfurs to the rear wheels...
taking off in reverse the weight is transfured to
the front wheels making the rear lighter / less traction...

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 09-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mist View Post
Can i order new exhaust online for this? What type would you order sir? And i am still using original carb , i heard they are POS so i was wondering what type carb could i purchase as a upgrade.
A little digging on eBay should produce a clamp-on muffler that will work with your existing head pipe. Even if it's a little large on the inlet, some creativity with tube steel adapters should get it done. If you're looking to ride in forested areas, ensure that the muffler is USFS approved.

The carb selection will depend upon what's on there now. Can you show us a pic of the carb? Show us the air box as well.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
A little digging on eBay should produce a clamp-on muffler that will work with your existing head pipe. Even if it's a little large on the inlet, some creativity with tube steel adapters should get it done. If you're looking to ride in forested areas, ensure that the muffler is USFS approved.

The carb selection will depend upon what's on there now. Can you show us a pic of the carb? Show us the air box as well.
Will do this tomorrow , rain has came in today!

Old 09-22-2016, 07:25 PM   #8

from what i can tell , this one is the same as the one on my 4 wheeler

https://www.amazon.com/EVINIS-Carbur...D4P7T1S18ZV6VD

and for the clamp on , could you suggest me a muffler that would be good?

I'm not to good on looking for stuff.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:40 AM   #9

This could be a nice upgrade from your existing carb, but it's up to you to confirm measurements: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mikuni-Carbu...NXa5xM&vxp=mtr

Once it's in your hands, you may have to swap the main or slow jets (or both) to make it perfect.

What is the diameter of your existing mid pipe, right where it meets the muffler?