Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2023, 03:59 AM   #1

2020 Bashan raven not charging stator putting out power

So as the title says raven is not charging, I bought a complete electronics kit as she is over 5000 miles and everything is falling apart on this thing.. this is the 3rd stator I've put in along with new coil new regulator new ignition switch new plug to etc etc now the lights were on and it was charging but about an hour into my ride the lights began to dim and I barely made it back with a flashlight as my headlight ... I've traced the power from the stator wires to the connector up the harness to the rectifier and it's getting plenty of power ... Is it possible that my new rectifier got hot and just died? it's probly about a week or two old less than 50 miles on it I hate to just throw parts at it the battery was charging at 14.34 when it was working the power coming out of stator wires is kinda bouncing depending on Idle speed between 15-16.99 seems high... It's brand new and the system was working nicely untill it wasn't..

Any insight would be great.. I'm tired of the ravens Shanna gins

Old 05-06-2023, 03:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So as the title says raven is not charging, I bought a complete electronics kit as she is over 5000 miles and everything is falling apart on this thing.. this is the 3rd stator I've put in along with new coil new regulator new ignition switch new plug to etc etc now the lights were on and it was charging but about an hour into my ride the lights began to dim and I barely made it back with a flashlight as my headlight ... I've traced the power from the stator wires to the connector up the harness to the rectifier and it's getting plenty of power ... Is it possible that my new rectifier got hot and just died? it's probly about a week or two old less than 50 miles on it I hate to just throw parts at it the battery was charging at 14.34 when it was working the power coming out of stator wires is kinda bouncing depending on Idle speed between 15-16.99 seems high... It's brand new and the system was working nicely untill it wasn't..

Any insight would be great.. I'm tired of the ravens Shanna gins

Update the battery will charge when the key is in the off position bike doesn't turn off keeps running and battery voltage indicates it's charging turn key on and lights come on but battery no longer is charging

Old 05-07-2023, 06:35 AM   #3

It sounds like charging system is getting abused by a ground fault or bad component. You need to find the culprit. It could be the wiring harness, or a problem in the clusterf@ck behind the headlight.

Can you order a harness?

Old 05-07-2023, 11:14 AM   #4

Feel for any wires that are warm. Disconnect headlight for a while to see if that is dragging the system down. How is the charging voltage out of the regulator now? If regulator is still putting out 14.5 while headlight is dimming, that might say it's the battery. You should be able to feel for a hot wire or two during that situation. Trace the ignition off position shut-off wire and see where it goes or if it's disconnected.