Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2023, 07:03 PM   #121

Are you trying to get more speed, power or gas mileage? Interested to see your results. You also might try taking the clutch apart to re-grease the spiral slide channels. I did mine and got a bit earlier takeoff and more positive grab. You also said you installed a Bando belt I believe. I bought one and will put it on a 3000 miles coming up soon. Did that change anything? Going to also look at the air filter. Someone online said they can be washed. Can't remember where online.

Old 04-23-2023, 10:52 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by clash 168cc View Post
Are you trying to get more speed, power or gas mileage? Interested to see your results. You also might try taking the clutch apart to re-grease the spiral slide channels. I did mine and got a bit earlier takeoff and more positive grab. You also said you installed a Bando belt I believe. I bought one and will put it on a 3000 miles coming up soon. Did that change anything? Going to also look at the air filter. Someone online said they can be washed. Can't remember where online.
Just playing around. Stock was perfectly fine. Don't know if the slightly longer belt made any difference since I changed it the same time I changed the rollers. The air filter looks like paper but maybe it's something washable. Figure I'll make a bracket to mount a common lawnmower air filter in its place when the time comes.

Old 04-24-2023, 12:52 AM   #123

There are videos on youtube about the 2 different size belts. The one from "Rolling Wrench" said one is for power and one is for top speed. The Briggs and Stratton square lawn mower air filter looks like a similar size. I know they are washable if nothing has changed lately.

Old 04-27-2023, 03:26 PM   #124

I took the variator apart to change the sliders back to rollers and found I'd installed the sliders the wrong way around so I flipped them and tested it again. Now it works like it should so the 842 belt and the 13 gram sliders do indeed work well. The gear ratio at high speed does seem taller than with the stock rollers. I'll leave the sliders in place for now.

The belt cover gasket was damaged so I left it off and found the kickstart lever is binding a bit without the additional thickness of the gasket. I never use it anyway but next time I have the cover off I'll determine where it's binding and either replace the gasket or do a bit of grinding on whatever needs it.

Also I checked the sparkplug color and found it slightly rich which I assume is the ECU compensating for the 100 ohm resistor I put in series with the head temp thermistor. I swapped the 100 ohm for a 20 ohm and it seems to work fine. It'll take a few hundred miles and some hot weather riding to determine the best resistor value.

Old 05-10-2023, 11:02 PM   #125

Greetings fellow Clash 200 owners! Bought mine this past Saturday May 6 from the Arlington Power Sports @ 3201 Pioneer Pkwy #34, a hole in the wall that I was forwarded to when I called the TXPowerSports on 106th Street. I got a good deal, $1800 out the door fully tested and assembled (theoretically), with all taxes and fees included. I wouldn't recommend these guys to anyone who couldn't pull the GY6 to work on it themselves. Expect zero customer service after the sale.

She currently has 56 miles, and is running great so far. There was a single loose exhaust bolt. I removed the seat and did a once over on the engine and everything seemed correct. I changed the engine and gear oils, as well as the spark plug, at 50 miles. I think she runs smoother after the spark plug change. I used an NGK c7hsa. The engine oil still looked new, but the gear oil was dark and smelled a little burnt. I used STP 75w90 to see if I could get away with cheap since I will be doing weekly maintenance. I bought 3/16 and 1/4 lines from AutoZone, as well as blue and red loctite, that I will be installing soon when I check the valve gaps.

There is a peculiar engine noise at certain RPM. I don't know the word that describes the noise. A type of oscillation starts occurring, like a vibration, and the oscillation gets faster as RPM are increased. Such that there is this vibrational "wom" noise every second at like 6000 RPM, then as RPM is increased, the "wom" gets faster until it smooths itself out with the engine noise at around 8000 RPM. I was thinking it's the belt, or possibly just a quirk of the engine?

I've heard "breaking in" is a myth, but I'm still babying her. I feel like I'll start throttling her soon. She wants me to, I'll give her that. I bought her as an experiment, and will be using her for gig deliveries. I'll be sure to report any bigger issues I come across, and update at milestone distances.

I'm concerned about the horrifying lack of customer service from everyone in the supply chain all the way to corporate. I am obsessed with gathering as much info on this scoot as I can, as I will be doing all work on it myself. As soon as I hit a snag in learning, I'll start hounding any and everyone I can until I reach the CEO, if it comes to that. I've already been ignored from various angles. Corporate HQ is local to me, so I've chosen patience. Identifying part numbers and where to get them is apparently quite the challenge. If anyone wants to collaborate on an owner assembled service manual, let me know.

Info I'm looking for as of now: I need part numbers for the TPS, O2 sensor, and fuel pump, to start. What's the other sensor on the throttle body? I've heard she's a Honda Click clone. Is it just a body/appearance clone (which in my mind isn't a true clone)? The Click 150 or 160 to be specific? I'm hearing this is a Lifan engine, but the engine "manual" it came with says Qianxin, anyone know what's up with that?

Old 05-11-2023, 05:11 AM   #126

I don't have your part #s but be sure to post them if you find them. The Clash is a Click clone by appearance. If your engine number begins with LF it's made by Lifan.

Here are some random measurements and stuff I've collected.

Delivered 4/27/22
Bought from Amazon, Smart Deals Now
$1379 + $400 shipping
Vin# HODTAEM4XMX060593
License plate M8 35860
Model CLASH 200 GT1
Displacement 168cc
LF161QMK (Lifan)
Made by Taizhou Qianxin subsidiary of Zhejiang Jonway
Ignition EFI
Numbers on the thermistor are 21-05A and M8*10-A 21 06. Resistance at 70° F is 2135 ohms.
Engine Type LF161QMK
Maxi Speed 68 MPH, 110 KPH
Fuel Tank 4.8L
Tire Size 80/90-14;90/90-14 Seyoun brand
Brake F: Disc / R :Drum
L*W*H(Inches) 81.4*28.7*44.4
Wheel Base(Inches) 52.3"
Bore 61mm
Stroke 57.6mm
Battery Type 12V7A
Lights all LED
Speedometer Digital
Maxi Power 6.8 (kw/8000min)
Maxi Torque 9.6 (N.m/5500min)
Idle 1600±100
Compress Ratio 9.2:1
Weight (LBS) 232
Carrying capacity (LBS) 331
Tire pressure F29 - R33
Valves .06mm to .08mm (.00236"/.00315") intake and exhaust
Battery Kage AGM sealed MF12V7-1A
Oil 15/40 recommended, 800 ml, 27oz
0.825 x odometer mileage = actual mileage
MPG 82 with windshield, 76 mpg without at 55 to 60 mph cruise. (Crooked River Canyon ride)
Inner clutch nut 38mm (1.5")
Outer clutch nut 17mm
Crankshaft nut 17mm
Rollers 12.66 grams 18mm diameter, 14mm wide
Boss 23.96mm outer diameter, inside diameter 17.02mm, 51.5mm long
Variator is about 111.125mm in diameter
0.222" or 5.62mm throttle cable end.
Cable .061" or 1.56mm
Maintenance:
Oil change every 600 mi
Gear oil every 3000 mi
Valve adj at 600 then every 4000

Last edited by Mudflap; 05-18-2023 at 05:14 AM.

Old 05-11-2023, 05:25 AM   #127

I ordered a cheap gasket set from eBay to get the variator cover gasket I accidentally ripped. The standard "long case 150" gasket does fit.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #128

Review of the Clash

Old 05-19-2023, 06:29 PM   #129

Can't seem to download pictures of my Clash. One thing that anyone should add is the 2"
stick on 3M blind spot mirrors. Was constantly twisting my head to see before changing lanes. You will have a major blind spot and won't even see cars as they pass by. Only a few dollars on Amazon. Don't buy the ones that swivel. Just the standard round blind spot mirrors. Also looking at the filter case it reads "clean the filter by hand every 1000 miles". I'll try it when I hit 3000 in about 100 miles.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:32 PM   #130

Read the instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	29241  

Old 05-19-2023, 09:42 PM   #131

2 more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	29242   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	29243  

Old 05-21-2023, 05:50 AM   #132

Howdy guys, it's been about 10 days so far. Did about 400 miles of deliveries in a 3 day period. She keeps sounding different as she breaks in, but I don't know if this isn't normal. Nothing that would cause concern, maybe we're just getting to know each other.

She's nimble, quick enough, and people think she's cute. She's rough, though, and maybe that's the 70's technology (minus the EFI). Shakes a bit at 50+, but i can release handlebars and there's no wobble. The helicopter noise could be the belt or stator? Not getting worse.

Maintenance is Monday. Drum brake squeals, and it's not very tight. I tightened the brake lever when I got it. Asked a Chinese parts dealer and he said he had no access to 161QMK parts, but that 157QMJ parts should work if they look the same. My personal concern is the EFI parts, throttle body and sensors. I'll probably bite the bullet and pay the premium prices at the dealer for extras of these parts. Vitacci has a good idea here, and I respect their business acumen. I think they are a private company, or I might invest myself!

I think it's fair to say I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who lacked the discipline and knowledge to maintain and repair it. I would still go with the generic "buy a used Honda" except I would throw in Suzuki, Yamaha, or KymCo and Sym before a Vitacci. Island made, baby. Still, I appreciate this little scoot, 6/10 as of now.

Old 05-21-2023, 07:02 AM   #133

2500 miles on mine so far and it's feeling like it's getting broken in. Running great.

More Chinese scooters are arriving in the US with EFI so I suspect EFI parts will be cheap and available before long.

Some transmission parts are different from the 150. The crankshaft on the 170 is larger in diameter so the variator boss and drive plate are different but the other parts are the same. Clutch and rear pulley appear to be the same too.

Dont know about your helicopter noise but I would suspect the belt. You could remove the belt cover and see if the belt is vibrating when it's making the noise.

Old 05-23-2023, 11:46 AM   #134

Probably will get about 3500 miles out of the original rear tire, it's getting kind of thin. Bought a Michelin City Grip II from Amazon for about $70 in the original 90/90-14 size. Made in Serbia!

Old 05-23-2023, 08:04 PM   #135

One of the tires could be out of balance. I also suggest that you buy a spare belt incase it breaks. Mine had grease on the clutch pads from the factory. Probably just got there from the clutch spinning. That caused slipping of the clutch and a vibration at 35 to 40 mph. Open it up, check the clutch and change the belt before it gets worse. Put your bike on the center stand and see if you can see if the tires are wobbling when you spin them.