Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #1

Magician Dual Sport

Anybody have any experience with the Magician250? Curious as to whether it has a push rod engine like most other chinese 250s, or an overhead cam.
https://www.txpowersports.com/New_Ma...ming-soon!.htm

Old 06-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #2

It has the same engine as the Hawk. In China it is called Tricker and use many types of engines 125 to 250 OHV or OHC. I liked riding a test bike with the OHC (suzuki clone engine).

Old 06-12-2016, 04:27 PM   #3

One other thing , The Magician is a DIRT BIKE, you will still have the same registration problems in some states as the Hawk for on highway use.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:48 PM   #4

It's an automatic instead of manual. Interesting.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/Andrew93

newrider93 AKA Andrew93

Old 06-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider93 View Post
It's an automatic instead of manual. Interesting.....
I'm not seeing this information. The pictures show a clutch lever and gear shift.

Edit: Found it....even though it's not correct. It's a 5 speed.

250 CC,Air cooled, 4-stroke, 1-cylinder,automatic
Start Type: Electric start and Kick start
Transmission: Chain Drive
Engine Gear: 5 gears
Shift Gear: Hand
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 06-12-2016, 11:21 PM   #6

Maybe I'm old school but i think that silly little front fender looks rediculous.never been a big fan of those fenders on dirt bikes.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:24 PM   #7

You have to wonder why the importer would bring over dual sports that are not street legal?

Particularly the copy of the Yamaha Tricker which primarily is a street bike? The Tricker is a cross between a trials bike and a dual sport. It is just a real light and maneuverable model.

The genuine Yamaha Tricker

These copies started coming out of the Chinese factories a year or so ago, some are better then others.
I think they are great however the design is right protected by Yamaha, so importing them in any legitimacy is not really possible unless Yamaha has allowed the copies.

All street motorcycles sold in the USA have to meet FMVSS regulations and also have an EPA certificate.
It does not matter which state you reside in, though it may be possible that your state does not enforce federal regulations. Figuring that out is crap shoot and most people prefer to be totally legal then beat the system.

I am surprised that at this point any importer would go back to this practice, importing illegal models.
Who wants to buy a street bike that cannot get a licence plate?

Old 09-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #8

Oengus! Where the heck have you and your vast knowledge been hiding!? Welcome back!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 09-23-2016, 06:05 PM   #9

Its amazing how good they have gotten at copying!
They should put as much effort into learning to design new models themselves..

Old 09-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus View Post
You have to wonder why the importer would bring over dual sports that are not street legal?

Particularly the copy of the Yamaha Tricker which primarily is a street bike? The Tricker is a cross between a trials bike and a dual sport. It is just a real light and maneuverable model.

The genuine Yamaha Tricker

These copies started coming out of the Chinese factories a year or so ago, some are better then others.
I think they are great however the design is right protected by Yamaha, so importing them in any legitimacy is not really possible unless Yamaha has allowed the copies.

All street motorcycles sold in the USA have to meet FMVSS regulations and also have an EPA certificate.
It does not matter which state you reside in, though it may be possible that your state does not enforce federal regulations. Figuring that out is crap shoot and most people prefer to be totally legal then beat the system.

I am surprised that at this point any importer would go back to this practice, importing illegal models.
Who wants to buy a street bike that cannot get a licence plate?
Motocheez who I have nothing against and like did a update video of his magacian this week. Said he hasn't ridden it much while he videod riding it in the woods. I noticed no tag, no wonder he hadn't ridden it much, you can't get a tag! I love his videos and his knowledge but folks he got that bike for free.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #11

He also mentioned that he wasn't sure if he was going to plate it or sell it next year.

Old 09-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Oengus! Where the heck have you and your vast knowledge been hiding!? Welcome back!
I was pulled back by the Magician? I have always wanted one of these, Shineray I would say makes the best version of one.

Old 09-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
He also mentioned that he wasn't sure if he was going to plate it or sell it next year.
From what I have read the Hawk is not any different, he seems to have gotten that plated? At least he is ridding it on the roads.

Its pretty simple I guess you contact whoever in your jurisdiction titles/registers vehicles and ask what that entails.

If it does not require a physical inspection of the vehicle then that is a plus, however some actually check the databases of the NHSTA and EPA neither are listed are they?

Yet they are selling them and people are getting plates so obviously not every state is checking are they. That is a crap shoot for sure.

Last edited by Oengus; 09-24-2016 at 03:31 PM.