Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2016, 08:14 AM   #1

What did you do on your Hawk today?

Occasionally I'd like to share something that happened with my Hawk but I don't want to start a whole new thread for it, so maybe we could use this one?

Enough of us have Hawks we could keep this going.

--

I needed to run to town yesterday but I don't have any storage on my bike yet. Being a good Okie I've just bought a case of Blue and Gold sausage, so I strapped it to the bike and off I went.

I actually got my first compliment of the bike, a guy walking out of the store* said "Boy, that sure is a nice looking bike." I wasn't expecting that at all. I need to get the 'Made in China' stigma out of my own head I guess. It IS a nice looking bike, and has been more reliable all ready than my old Royal Enfield.

*Now...I must give a caveat for that compliment. The store was the Dollar Star and the guy didn't have any teeth...but I'll take the compliment!

Old 09-24-2016, 09:48 AM   #2

Fixed a flat!

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 09-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #3

Send a message via MSN to Nithious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
Fixed a flat!
Did you take off on your trip yet?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Occasionally I'd like to share something that happened with my Hawk but I don't want to start a whole new thread for it, so maybe we could use this one?

Enough of us have Hawks we could keep this going.

--

I needed to run to town yesterday but I don't have any storage on my bike yet. Being a good Okie I've just bought a case of Blue and Gold sausage, so I strapped it to the bike and off I went.

I actually got my first compliment of the bike, a guy walking out of the store* said "Boy, that sure is a nice looking bike." I wasn't expecting that at all. I need to get the 'Made in China' stigma out of my own head I guess. It IS a nice looking bike, and has been more reliable all ready than my old Royal Enfield.

*Now...I must give a caveat for that compliment. The store was the Dollar Star and the guy didn't have any teeth...but I'll take the compliment!
Yeah, a compliment is a compliment. All are welcome!

Old 09-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Fixed a flat!
lol

Old 09-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithious View Post
Did you take off on your trip yet?
Nope, having some electrical issues with the hawk. Turn signals, horn all on the left switch. Battery also not charging, probably bad battery. Clutch is starting to slip. May have to call in the backup for the trip. Haven't put 50 miles on it since buying the Hawk but it's ready to go as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hakreplace.jpg (102.8 KB, 266 views)

2015 Haosen Hawk 250
2014 CRF250L
2014 CB500X Rally Raid

Old 09-24-2016, 03:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Nope, having some electrical issues with the hawk. Turn signals, horn all on the left switch. Battery also not charging, probably bad battery. Clutch is starting to slip. May have to call in the backup for the trip. Haven't put 50 miles on it since buying the Hawk but it's ready to go as well.
Man I hate to hear that, hope you get it going. A successful long trip like that would really speak well for the Hawk.

Old 09-25-2016, 02:15 AM   #8

I went exploring and found some awesome trails by my house...

Old 09-26-2016, 07:33 PM   #9

Rode my Hawk Sunday offroad, it did well...but I do see that the suspension is exactly what I paid for.

However, today on my way to town I was surprised as the bike easily cruised at 65 (flat ground, no wind). It seems to be loosening up now that it has about 200 miles on it. Also seems to be getting about 65+ mpg. Converting km to miles means I can't ever tell until I get at home and use a calculator lol

Old 09-30-2016, 04:16 PM   #10

Went riding down in the Ouachita National Forest area.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Rode my Hawk Sunday offroad, it did well...but I do see that the suspension is exactly what I paid for.

However, today on my way to town I was surprised as the bike easily cruised at 65 (flat ground, no wind). It seems to be loosening up now that it has about 200 miles on it. Also seems to be getting about 65+ mpg. Converting km to miles means I can't ever tell until I get at home and use a calculator lol
I'm curious. What is wrong with the suspension?

Old 09-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
I'm curious. What is wrong with the suspension?
I think it is what was discussed in the rear spring thread. The front is fine, but the rear is just too firm. Instead of absorbing washboard terrain or bumps it just bounces off the ground.

Old 09-30-2016, 10:51 PM   #13

Quote:
I think it is what was discussed in the rear spring thread. The front is fine, but the rear is just too firm. Instead of absorbing washboard terrain or bumps it just bounces off the ground.
Have you been following the thread by jimwildman on the rear shock he found to replace the stock one?

Old 10-01-2016, 07:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Have you been following the thread by jimwildman on the rear shock he found to replace the stock one?
Yes that is the thread I was talking about. That shock is on my list once my pennies start adding up to dollars.

Old 10-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Yes that is the thread I was talking about. That shock is on my list once my pennies start adding up to dollars.
I see that you live in Oklahoma, so most of your riding is of the sit-down variety, is that correct? Try standing up on the rough stuff, it may help.