Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Hello from Costa Rica

Hello everyone, my name is Ricardo, I'm from Costa Rica, I recently bought a Chinese 250cc adventure bike with the 169FMM engine, looks a lot like a stripped down Zongshen RX, not sure if it is the same manufacturer. I found this site looking for information about this type of bike, hopefully you guys and gals would be able to give me more information about it

Old 06-24-2016, 10:30 PM   #2

How about guessing from the ViN? WMI http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...rer_identifier tells who's the maker... btw. Sequential number is the most unique part of vin, NEVER publicize it to stranger ...

Old 06-25-2016, 12:43 PM   #3

Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #4

Thumbs Up

REALLY nice looking bike and welcome to the board check out our US Zong guys at "CSC motorcyles.com and look thru their site for stuff that looks like yours. all sorts of service info and photos.
on another note, is Costa Rica still pretty much run by the same six or seven families from the old days(`1960's)? I loved your highland forests and wildlife One of the main families' kids was a poker playing, engineering school(hydraulic I think) frat drinking buddy of mine in college
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

Welcome aboard and good looking bike

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-25-2016, 09:36 PM   #6

You could make a theme bike out of that with Woody Woodpecker decals. The kids would love it and go crazy
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 06-25-2016, 10:57 PM   #7

Thanks everyone, didn't known about the VIN number thing, I'll definitely look into that, will be back soon with lots of questions, lol.

Cheers.

Last edited by ricardoguitars; 06-27-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #8

Are motorcycles more popular there than cars?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Are motorcycles more popular there than cars?
Not yet, but we are getting there, there's no room for more cars, traffic jams are terrible and filtering on a motorcycle is allowed, so more people is getting into two wheels every day to get on time to their destinations; I saw a statistic somewhere that shows that motorcycle imports have outnumbered car imports already, the problem we are facing is the lack of knowledge of safety measures from raiders, most only wear a helmet (it is mandatory) and nothing else, not strange to see a guy wearing flipflops, shorts and a tanktop riding a motorcycle, among other things that would make them great Darwin Awards candidates

On the other side, most cagers are completely clueless about good manners when they get near a motorcycle, and of course we have the texters, I think that's a pandemic worldwide already.

On the good side of things, we get year round riding weather, lots of riding destinations (beach, mountains, enduro trails, MX circuits, an so on), and we have a free trade treaty with China, so we get Chinese motorcycles very cheap, mine cost me $1800 brand new

I also have a Chinese GY6 scooter with a Taida 61mm BBK and NCY big ports head (among other mods), crazy how fast that little thing goes now, I've reached 102 km/h on the highway, it got scary after that, so I didn't keep pushing it more

Old 06-27-2016, 01:56 PM   #10

I've heard that owning a car there can be problematic. Costa Rica sounds like a nice place to live from what I've heard though. I've thought of it as a possible place to retire to.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-27-2016, 06:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I've heard that owning a car there can be problematic. Costa Rica sounds like a nice place to live from what I've heard though. I've thought of it as a possible place to retire to.
Great place for expats if you don't mind "downsizing" a bit, this place is all about the simple life in contact with the nature, nice house next to the beach, or a comfy wooden cabin up the mountains, mostly places outside San Jose downtown, you don't want to live here in the city, it makes no sense, when it comes to city life you guys have already all that is needed for a nice city life, San Jose lacks infrastructure and most services are "limited" compared to what you find in the US, could be frustrating if you are accustomed to the US standards. If you like to research more, these guys have a series of videos that are spot on if you have plans to live here

https://www.youtube.com/c/travelcostaricanow

Old 06-27-2016, 06:43 PM   #12

Pura vida, right?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #13

I found the manufacturer, Shineray Motorcycle Company

http://www.shineray.com/news-neirong.asp?id=355&fid=6