Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Once I power up my unit, I'll verify if I am displaying MPH/KMH. If I am MPH, will take a picture of the back of the circuit board to compare against yours.
That would be excellent! Thank you.

Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #92

I am going to ask for huge a favor. If/when you have time, could you see if anywhere on the emissions label it says anything about CA compliant or CA approved?

Old 05-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #93

Quote:
I am going to ask for huge a favor. If/when you have time, could you see if anywhere on the emissions label it says anything about CA compliant or CA approved?
Here is a photo of my plate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180504_195659.jpg (98.4 KB, 402 views)

Old 05-10-2018, 08:40 PM   #94

Quote:
Ok.. found it in the manual. It does meet federal and California emission standards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180510_193743.jpg (90.2 KB, 403 views)

Old 05-11-2018, 10:41 AM   #95

Quote:
Ok.. found it in the manual. It does meet federal and California emission standards.
Thank you! I really appreciate you doing that. I wanted to see if I got the wrong label installed. I would never had thought about looking in the manual. I looked at a few pages, and just assumed it was an old generic manual.

I was able to get most of the ATV done last night, as well as getting the battery charged. I just need to change the brake line routing a little bit, install the front grill, front rack, change the oil/brake fluid, then I'll be done. When I powered up the display, I am showing MPH. I will get a picture up tonight or tomorrow showing the back of the circuit board

Old 05-11-2018, 03:21 PM   #96

Thumbs Up

Quote:

When I powered up the display, I am showing MPH. I will get a picture up tonight or tomorrow showing the back of the circuit board
Glad to see you are getting that machine together. Its a nice wheeler...I think you will enjoy it. Got some vibes in mine I want to find and isolate, but I have been happy thus far regardless of the few minor things here and there to sort out. I am even happier knowing that yours came with the speedometer setting in mph. I will appreciate very much you getting me a photo of that board. Thank you!

Old 05-13-2018, 12:49 AM   #97

Sorry it took so long, today was very busy. Let me know if you need any other pictures

Old 05-13-2018, 06:50 AM   #98

Thumbs Up

Thanks a million for taking those photos Douglas. Nice of you to do that since there is no issue with your speedometer. So thanks for helping a brother out.

After comparing your board to mine...I can't see any difference in wire configuration. However I do notice that my board is PSO4437A and your board is a PSO4437B. So my guess would be yours has some different diode/capicitor configuration there somewhere that makes yours different then mine. I think my best bet is going to be to order a new board if they ever become available if I ever want my display to read mph. Otherwise just have to learn to calculate the conversion in my pea sized brain. lol
Thanks again!

Old 05-13-2018, 07:37 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckangaroo70 View Post
Thanks a million for taking those photos Douglas. Nice of you to do that since there is no issue with your speedometer. So thanks for helping a brother out.

After comparing your board to mine...I can't see any difference in wire configuration. However I do notice that my board is PSO4437A and your board is a PSO4437B. So my guess would be yours has some different diode/capicitor configuration there somewhere that makes yours different then mine. I think my best bet is going to be to order a new board if they ever become available if I ever want my display to read mph. Otherwise just have to learn to calculate the conversion in my pea sized brain. lol
Thanks again!
Have you contact the dealer about the issue? They should replace it if it's not working properly .
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #100

Do either of you have a picture of the other side of the board?

I think there might be a jumper or jumped soldered/un-soldered position to enable/disable MPH.

It doesn't make sense to have two separate boards for MPH/KM/H. There has to be a function on the board to select either.

Even the method of calculating distance would need some sort of way of calibration for how many revolutions = set distance to compensate for different sized tires (circumference)

Just whatever you do.....DON'T mess with that yellow trim pot. If you do you might need a spectrum analyzer to get it set right again otherwise the board will be useless. It's glued to it's setting for a reason.

It will be something as simple as touching two wires.... something any grunt on the assembly line can handle with no skill.

Still would call TaoTao customer support on this one. I really doubt you are the only one with this question.

Old 05-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #101

Quote:
Glad to help.

Quote:
I think my best bet is going to be to order a new board if they ever become available if I ever want my display to read mph.
This should come in handy at some point. You could try calling TaoTao, and see what they can do. You may have to call obsessively until the answer though. So far email has not worked.

https://partskit.com/#/product/searc...n=ATVs&vc=0586

Quote:
Do either of you have a picture of the other side of the board?
The other side has the display, but I will try to get a picture up today.

I do have a question, When I was draining the assembly oil from the engine I found two plugs under the front of the engine. Drained those, but I found a third small drain plug in the back under what I believe is the gear box. I loosened the plug a little so I was able to get a little fluid out, and it is actual oil (different from the engine oil). Is the fill plug under the plastic side cover on the left side? I was going to remove it to check, but there is a gasket between the block, and the cover. I didn't want to risk tearing the gasket.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:12 PM   #102

The plug under the gear case is gear case oil. I drained mine and put in new 80/90w gear lube. I filled mine from the bottom. Just stick the tip in there and squeeze till you see a bit come into top vent line.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #103

Quote:
The plug under the gear case is gear case oil. I drained mine and put in new 80/90w gear lube. I filled mine from the bottom. Just stick the tip in there and squeeze till you see a bit come into top vent line.
Perfect, thank you for confirming.

I pulled the display again, I do not see anything on the front of the board that looks like it would change the display. Your board and mind are slightly different, and one of the wires are a different color. I think the display powers up, shows all the options it can display. I think they must have a KPH board, and a MPH board. You could try the dealer to see if you could get a replacement display, or trying TaoTao. I'm also curios to the accuracy of the gauge. I feel it may be displaying a speed faster than what's being ran. We'll see.

Old 05-15-2018, 01:33 AM   #104

I went through the manual, and gave a good look. I do not see where/how to adjust the chain. The only mention of the chain is in the inspection/maintenance section. I just says when to clean, inspect, lube, and adjust the chain. I would like to buy a new o ring chain, but not sure what to expect being that I don't see how to adjust the slack.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:13 AM   #105

out of the box ready

i got a good one.
only gripe i had upon assembly was that
one of the rear tires wouldn't hold air.
a very slow leak that ended up being glue of
some sort in one spot on the outside bead of tire/wheel.
i let the air out, knocked off the glue and it now holds air.
this is my first atv, so i really don't have much to compare to.
i like it. not one blemish!
Attachment 12985

Attachment 12986

Attachment 12987

Attachment 12988

Attachment 12989

Last edited by imapdog; 02-14-2020 at 08:47 AM.