Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #1

2018 TaoTao Bull 200 - Lower engine mount

Has anyone had the lower engine mount near the exhaust break out of the frame? On my unit the weld did not brake, but it broke out of the frame tube. If so, how was the repair done? I am thinking of how to make the lower mount more secure.

Also, I had experienced quite a bit of chirping coming from the CVT belt. I removed the belt, and cleaned it real good using dawn soap, and a scotch bright pad. Dried it with a towel, and after about an hour and a half of use no chirping.

Other than this the unit has been great so far.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:34 AM   #2

Can you show us a pic of the engine mount?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-06-2018, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Can you show us a pic of the engine mount?
I am going to have it repaired Monday the 9th. I'll post the picture of the repair afterwards.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #4

I put rubber isolater bushings on my Bull 200 lower mount. Lot of vibes down there. The rubber seems to have helped a bit. My Coolster 150 atv's dont even use the lower mount which makes them a bit smoother running, but I suppose it does help prevent engine flex under a serious pull having that lower mounting point connected.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #5

Replace the stock belt with a gates premium powerlink or a bando Kevlar asap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglass View Post
Has anyone had the lower engine mount near the exhaust break out of the frame? On my unit the weld did not brake, but it broke out of the frame tube. If so, how was the repair done? I am thinking of how to make the lower mount more secure.

Also, I had experienced quite a bit of chirping coming from the CVT belt. I removed the belt, and cleaned it real good using dawn soap, and a scotch bright pad. Dried it with a towel, and after about an hour and a half of use no chirping.

Other than this the unit has been great so far.

Old 07-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #6

Quote:
I put rubber isolater bushings on my Bull 200 lower mount. Lot of vibes down there. The rubber seems to have helped a bit. My Coolster 150 atv's dont even use the lower mount which makes them a bit smoother running, but I suppose it does help prevent engine flex under a serious pull having that lower mounting point connected.
I drove the ATV for about an hour. So Far so good on the repair. I'll post up pictures soon.

Quote:
Replace the stock belt with a gates premium powerlink or a bando Kevlar asap.
I have not had the squeek return now after hours of riding. Would the gates belt improve anything besides noise disturbance? The stock belt looks to be a decent quality unit.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:48 PM   #7

i've heard too many stories about the stock belts getting really hot and breaking leaving people stranded. so that was one of the first stock parts i replaced. i chose to go with a japanese brand called Bando. their kevlar belts are top notch. i've also heard good things about the premium gates powerlink. you're right the stock one does look fine, but i would trust it if you're going to be pulling weight around or towing.